Is everyone in SK schools either a bully or a victim?

• some are loved by their schoolmates :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It comes with poverty or students who are rich bullying the poor or whomever they want to. Oh poor kids trying to steal and beat others for money or clothes. Same thing happens in the US but most students will contact student councils or show up with a gun and start shooting everyone.

• It comes with poverty or students who are rich bullying the poor or whomever they want to. Oh poor kids trying to steal and beat others for money or clothes. Same thing happens in the US but most students will contact student councils or show up with a gun and start shooting everyone.

lmao there are so many other ways to deal with it instead of shooting

• I saw people saying that is really common being bullied at school, work, etc. I'm planning on subscribe to a scolarship in SK, but seeing all this bullying things is giving me anxiety

• you looked at me wrong OMG YOU'RE A BULLY

*rolls eyes*

the number 1 claim every time some bitch is bored is "i was bullied" it's like the boy who cried wolf

why the fuck are you coming for idols now that apparently did shit 10 or so years ago

grow up people get some air or thick skin.

*rolls eyes*

the number 1 claim every time some bitch is bored is "i was bullied" it's like the boy who cried wolf

why the fuck are you coming for idols now that apparently did shit 10 or so years ago

:pepe-back-away:

• My best Friend is right now in Korea for exchange semester and now you guys telling me bullying is common there . Should I be worry about my Friend :-(:-(:-(

if she is pretty and white they probably will treat her well :peperun:

• I mean bullying isn't uncommon in schools so it's likely a fair amount of people were bullies and much more were bullied. TV shows set in school constantly show bully type characters as if it's a part of school

• Well apparently not. What if some screenwriters who come up with those plots were actually victims of bullying?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

*rolls eyes*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure extortion is at the same level as giving a bad look.

I'm not saying who is or is not guilty, but the accusations aren't that simplistic.

• I mean bullying isn't uncommon in schools so it's likely a fair amount of people were bullies and much more were bullied. TV shows set in school constantly show bully type characters as if it's a part of school

There wasn't extortion bullying in my school (not that I'm aware of). But I see a lot of it in American Series and K-dramas, so I wonder if this is the reality there (I'm neither from the U.S. nor from S.K.) or just overdramatization.

• well bullying is a thing everywhere but in places like SK and Japan seems to be more severe. There's lot of stories about it.

it's severe in South Korea because it's a very cutthroat environment. You got students studying 16-18 hrs/day preparing for the CSAT in hopes of getting into a good university. Bullying is how some people blow off stress.

• Apparently there's not one school kid who's able to stand for themselves in Korea. The smallest schoolgirl can bully an entire school by her sheer force of will.

I understand now how they got rekt so hard by Japan. Look at these Japanese highschool kids, they're so badass they probably could eat some Koreans alive for breakfast.

tumblr_m7y04pkhk61qg47rao2_500.gif

• Of course bullying is common there. Any place with toxic school environment would brew it. Also, there are some excessive imposition of hierarchy which probably contribute with it as well. Middle schoolers can be specially stupid about it making their own "hierarchies" inside their group and impose it.

In the past most just took it as a filial duty or some similar bs and moved on. I guess newer generation just don't take it as much and will report it more. Social media is a factor as well.

Of course it can raise some false flags or exaggerate some unpleasant past encounters.

• it's severe in South Korea because it's a very cutthroat environment. You got students studying 16-18 hrs/day preparing for the CSAT in hopes of getting into a good university. Bullying is how some people blow off stress.

What happened to my original message? I'm confused. I never wrote that.

• i mean they've been saying for years that iljins often become celebs. i personally dont believe half of these accusations, and its weird to wait years after these people have been active to try to stir shit, but i do think it is probably likely that c list celebs, which most idols are, have a proportionally higher chance of having participated in school violence when they were younger in kr

who's your favorite artist?

• I've seen several south korean interviews were it was stated that you get bullied in school for being poor or from families that are looked down on (broken homes). There was even an interview with a Sewol Ferry survivor's uncle who said she was teased by her classmates about losing her parents in the tragedy. She was forced to transfer schools several times because of that. I'm not sure why the parents and schools don't have a No Tolerance policy for things like that.

• If you're rich or from an influential family, school faculty isn't going to do shit to you.

I think in Korea it is more about class and if you are rich and don't get caught to have murder anyone you literally can get away with anything. It is really scary how powerful the rich society are in Korea.

• I think in Korea it is more about class and if you are rich and don't get caught to have murder anyone you literally can get away with anything. It is really scary how powerful the rich society are in Korea.

They don't call it Hell Joseon for nothing.

• I've seen several south korean interviews were it was stated that you get bullied in school for being poor or from families that are looked down on (broken homes). There was even an interview with a Sewol Ferry survivor's uncle who said she was teased by her classmates about losing her parents in the tragedy. She was forced to transfer schools several times because of that. I'm not sure why the parents and schools don't have a No Tolerance policy for things like that.

i remember taehyung saying once how her mom bought him a expensive jacket when he went to seoul so kids wouldn't make fun of him.........

• I think in Korea it is more about class and if you are rich and don't get caught to have murder anyone you literally can get away with anything. It is really scary how powerful the rich society are in Korea.

Same in america for being rich and can get away for money. I've seen it alot here in connecticut and accuse others which they went to jail.. shooting in school is extreme but happens. But I would say rich society is more used and frequent here than korea. At least korea expose who they are on social media unlike america, keeping mouth shut and blame on victim

• Currently there are accusation on soojin, mingyu, sky castle two actors, age of youth youngest actress and also some other one.

Some seems to be true and some not.

Ppl need to stop stereotyping and believing those stereotypes. The one common thing I am seeing here is they smoked and drinked and hence they may also bullied ppl.

Middle and high school kids are stupid and think smoking and drinking makes them look cool so they do it. Dont link it with bully's.

Bullys are criminals and need to be punished we can't assume things just because they did stupid shit!!

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!