KPop acts will have to devise a way to block IU from recapturing the initiative of KPop if BTS' military service begins

• Other than BTS, the singer who is watching this news like a hawk is probably IU.

IU always wanted to recapture the initiative of KPop but BTS was always a challenge too great for her.

However, if the Giant disappears, the 1,343 old singer regains her one chance to recapture the initiative of KPop and darken the atmosphere with her sleepy ballads once again.

There is no one in KPop scene who is capable of blocking her because BTS' domination was so great.

IT is like the old tale of the dowager queen, who was put in dungeon for 24 years, coming back out of it and haunting everything again.

If aespa had been a bit bigger they might have been able to stop the millennian singer, but apparently IU had put that into mind and had released Strawberry Moon to check aespa back in last autumn.

If BTS' military exemption is denied, next year the 4th gen will fight a life - or - death struggle against the Singer who significantly overstayed her welcome , a very bloody fight I expect.

• However, if the Giant disappears, the 1,343 old singer regains her one chance to...darken the atmosphere with her sleepy ballads once again.

Love this bit, it's poetic and even a bit haunting.

Reminds me of this epic scene in LOTR. It looks a bit cheesy now but at the time, i was scared out of my wits for a moment.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• With King Taeyeon of Pyeonghwa-dong finally acquiring the All-kill weapon, we may have hope on her ability to at last slay the IU, after years of of her covert operation of feigning friendship with IU. Taeyeon must call upon the very power she used the day she vanquished Jessica from the halls of SNSD.

YASSSS, now this is getting juicy!

• If North Korea gets up to some mischief and Kpop idols including BTS as conscripted. I know who WhyKnock will blame.

In Whyknock's world, it is possible IU caused Putin to invade Ukraine and for economy to collapse in Sri Lanka.

• Love this bit, it's poetic and even a bit haunting.

Reminds me of this epic scene in LOTR. It looks a bit cheesy now but at the time, i was scared out of my wits for a moment.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

KPop is like an epic, with all symbolism in history in action, full of shakesperean tales and emotions which rival greek tragedies of Aeschlyus and Sophocles.

• With King Taeyeon of Pyeonghwa-dong finally acquiring the All-kill weapon, we may have hope on her ability to at last slay the IU, after years of of her covert operation of feigning friendship with IU. Taeyeon must call upon the very power she used the day she vanquished Jessica from the halls of SNSD.

Taeyeon does not have movie contracts lined up

Plus Lee Jieun has some southeast asian following

• This reads as though its a World War II biography. One wrong move and Nazi Germany will win Stalingrad and the world will never be the same.

Listen bro, if IU wins everything until the end of time we’re cool with it.

More like Napoleonic War, with Napoleon ruling all of Europe but London always looking for some way to destroy him, again, again, again. Waterloo was the 7th and last attempt.

• If North Korea gets up to some mischief and Kpop idols including BTS as conscripted. I know who WhyKnock will blame.

In Whyknock's world, it is possible IU caused Putin to invade Ukraine and for economy to collapse in Sri Lanka.

BTS is a world figure which can influence the entire world, so it goes world history.

Since , at least in the advanced world, wars are fought in the cultural field, the one person who can seriously challenge its dominance is also a world figure.

In fact, outside of Russia, BTS is more powerful than the Russian ruler, which means its last remaining rival is at least as powerful as the Ukrainian President who was an ex comedian.

• You know those old-fashioned 3D war map models with wooden shunts and figures of armies?

Sometimes I imagine WhyKnock with one of them with miniature forces of Korean fans versus I-fans and little Senior Singer Figureheads.

And he is playing with them for 12 years daily

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• What i want to know is whether you think Kpop will consolidate even more? I think we will see all the nugu and midtier labels eventually either go out of business or be subsumed by the most powerful. Kakao should be considered part of the Big 4 of Kpop to form the Big 5 of Kpop, seeing as how they have already subsumed IU, Ive, Stayc, Monstax, The Boyz, Apink, Weeekly, and Victon under it.

Is there a future where the Kpop industry mirrors the US industry, where CJ, Kakao, and maybe a Naver/Hybe/YG alliance control Korea, much like how UMG, Sony and Warner control the US?

We could see a SM-Kakao merger, a Hybe-YG-Naver merger, a CJ-JYP merger. Smaller and mid tier companies like RBW-WM, Woolim, Cube, etc could all one day just be subsidiaries of these mega players.

• Taeyeon does not have movie contracts lined up

Plus Lee Jieun has some southeast asian following

And was Jessica of House Jung not a celebrated actress of dramas? Did her star not shine so bright that it threatened to disrupt the very delicate balance of our Generation of Girls? Now look. Jessica's name has vanished from the lips of SONES.

I warn you King Taeyeon has set her sights. Long has she waited. Have you not heard her war cry? Do you think the letters of I and U in INVU is mere happenstance? Taeyeon seeks to cast this unsuspecting Lilac back to the cataclysm from whence she came.

what taeyeon doesn't have allkill? ripia must not be doing his job properly

• You know those old-fashioned 3D war map models with wooden shunts and figures of armies?

Sometimes I imagine WhyKnock with one of them with miniature forces of Korean fans versus I-fans and little Senior Singer Figureheads.

Playing wargames with the BTS as the Seven Rulers of the world with the Senior Singer as the Dowager Queen hell bent on taking down any challengers like the Nine Queens of SM and the Eight Kings of SM as well.

• What i want to know is whether you think Kpop will consolidate even more? I think we will see all the nugu and midtier labels eventually either go out of business or be subsumed by the most powerful. Kakao should be considered part of the Big 4 of Kpop to form the Big 5 of Kpop, seeing as how they have already subsumed IU, Ive, Stayc, Monstax, The Boyz, Apink, Weeekly, and Victon under it.

Is there a future where the Kpop industry mirrors the US industry, where CJ, Kakao, and maybe a Naver/Hybe/YG alliance control Korea, much like how UMG, Sony and Warner control the US?

We could see a SM-Kakao merger, a Hybe-YG-Naver merger, a CJ-JYP merger. Smaller and mid tier companies like RBW-WM, Woolim, Cube, etc could all one day just be subsidiaries of these mega players.

IT will be more cruel to the smaller acts. Cube will end with Gidle, and other smaller outfits will also go out of business except maybe RBW which might merge with someone else.

IU is notorious for not helping anyone else in Kakao, a trend which is unlikely to change.

Eventually, only CJ and Hybe are willing to maintain a long term presence in the entertainment industry with some platforms. Kakao might not exist in 10 years.

• Totally irrelevant but if IU did a collab marathon, she could do a sort of album of new originals, +major collabs in a mega project exploring all of her previous concepts and creating new concepts she hadn't done before.

a sort of 3Here project, Heretofore, Here, and Hereafter.

kinda like a State of the Union Address but for IU lol

• Totally irrelevant but if IU did a collab marathon, she could do a sort of album of new originals, +major collabs in a mega project exploring all of her previous concepts and creating new concepts she hadn't done before.

a sort of 3Here project, Heretofore, Here, and Hereafter.

kinda like a State of the Union Address but for IU lol

I kind of expected that from the Western singers to form an alliance against BTS, with IU as the nominal leader.

However, the sing-along with major Western Figures is not going along well apparently.

• I kind of expected that from the Western singers to form an alliance against BTS, with IU as the nominal leader.

However, the sing-along with major Western Figures is not going along well apparently.

oh

I was wishfully thinking that IU might collab with other kpop artists lol (but yea companies and stuff lmao no one gonna collab outside of company lines lol)

yea kpop collabs with western pop never really live up to the hype, they are very different. I wouldn't say oil and water but more sand in water, it can be mixed thoroughly but in the end it never really stays as intended.

• I kind of expected that from the Western singers to form an alliance against BTS, with IU as the nominal leader.

How delusional can you get?

You imagined an expectation for her yourself and then when that didn't happen, think something is not going well for her.

I hope you don't have kids, can't imagine them dealing with these sort of "expectations".

Walter Mitty got nothing on you.

• I'll bite - what is "the initiative of kpop"?

:pepewhat:

It means who gets to dominate the narrative of KPop, whose style becomes the mainstream , etc.

Now BTS controls the narrative but if they become absent because of the military services, there is no one in KPop who is strong enough to prevent IU's attempt to control the narrative and regain initiative of KPop.

• Love this bit, it's poetic and even a bit haunting.

Nice one,

Whyknock is forever doom-saying that GaladrIU will take the one ring from the Fellowship of the 7 and crush Kpop-earth.

But she remains GaladrIU :), holds her own - fellowship or Mordor

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!