IU's Wars against Kpop, 2011 and 2023

• There is another drama on King Jungjo of Korea (1752 - 1800, reign 1776-1800), the Red Sleeve, which is kinda related to Kpop since 2PM's Junho plays the King.

However any mention of Jungjo ends with a sad note, since after his death, his Grandmother who was actually 7 years older than him, Dowager Queen Jungsoon (1745-1805) took the reins of power because Jungjo's only surviving son was just 13 at that time.

The first thing Jungsoon did was undoing every single one of Jungjo's reform and putting the Kingdom back to the old days.

There was even a movie about it, the Fatal Encounter

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

starring Hyunbin, who plays the King, thwarting an attempt by his step-Grandmother on his life, but he cannot punish her because although she has nothing to do with him, she is legally his grandmother. And she waits 20 plus more to finally have her day.

=====

When MAMA declared IU the Senior Singer by giving her the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2014 I predicted something like this will happen to Kpop in the future, and with the presidential chance of Yoon Seokyoul, the former Chief Prosecutor whose only agenda is law and order is increasing, the possibility of BTS' enlistment rises every day.

If Yoon wins, Jin and Suga will enlist next year, and RM and JHope in 2023, robbing KPop its Emperor.

Which gives IU a once-in-a-lifetime chance to re-take the initiative of Kpop to her favor, and set it up that way forever.

====

IN 2011, IU fought the entire Kpop all by herself.

IU stood against

SNSD

DBSK

Super Junior

Shinee

F(X)

Wonder Girls

Kara

T-Ara

Beast (now Highlight)

CNBlue

FT Island

Sistar

4Minute

Secret

UKiss

2AM

2PM

and some I might have missed.

She took against all of them

and beat them all

and only SM forcing Super Junior to take her Grand Prize saved KPop, although later in 2012 she paid Super Junior in a way I won't repeat.

====

IN 2023, IU will take against:

What is remaining of BTS

(Twice and BlackPink are iffy about renewing, so I will not mention them)

Seventeen (all of them have re-signed)

txt

Enhypen

NCT with its various iterations

aespa

Itzy

ive

New JYP GG

New YG GG

New Hybe Girl Group incl Miyawaki Sakura

New Hybe Girl Group produced by Min Heejin

Stray Kids

The Boys, who , despite of being from KakaoM, did not pay a filial duty to her

and some new Acts the companies will release.

Whyknock actually thinks it is a bit less formidable than the lineup IU faced in 2011, since without BTS , there is no single power which is strong enough to overwhelm the Senior Singer.

2023 might be the year KPop is destroyed, going back to its isolationist, domestic past once for all

• The worst is I can't even disagree with you. IU just owns Kpop and Korean GP adore her. She could release a song full of sneezes and coughs but Korean GP would think she is perfect and still give her allkills.

• The Final Boss of kpop shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.

• There is another drama on King Jungjo of Korea (1752 - 1800, reign 1776-1800), the Red Sleeve, which is kinda related to Kpop since 2PM's Junho plays the King.

However any mention of Jungjo ends with a sad note, since after his death, his Grandmother who was actually 7 years older than him, Dowager Queen Jungsoon (1745-1805) took the reins of power because Jungjo's only surviving son was just 13 at that time.

The first thing Jungsoon did was undoing every single one of Jungjo's reform and putting the Kingdom back to the old days.

So you think iu will take the reins back, and take her rightful place as Empress?

• Yoon and the DP's Lee are neck-in-neck in polls. Lee had 26% of support among 1,000 people in a Gallup Korea survey this week on who should lead the country, slightly ahead of Yoon on 24%.

neck and neck fight it is hmm

wait isn't this the guy who got clowned for his superstitions lol

spill the :pepe-tea:

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dont look now but Aespa has already taken down the Senior Singer this year. Next Level has outlongevitized Celebrity and Savage is closing the gap on Strawberry's UL lead. The Senior Singer is in the fight of her life with this rising upstart 8|8|

• Ah yet another Whyknock "History will repeat" piece.

I wish Whyknock writes a K-drama about K-pop, we all know who will be the central character.

and with the presidential chance of Yoon Seokyoul, the former Chief Prosecutor whose only agenda is law and order is increasing, the possibility of BTS' enlistment rises every day.

If Yoon wins, Jin and Suga will enlist next year, and RM and JHope in 2023, robbing KPop its Emperor.

I think irrespective of political decisions, BTS boys will still enlist - not delay too much. Not enlisting will definitely impact their standing in Korean society, long after their Kpop fame fades. And even otherwise, they don't come across as people who would like to dodge draft.

In fact, if the govt. waives, and still they enlist, it will increase their worthiness further.

• they are required to do military time and agreed to do so.

I don't understand what you mean by that. BTS members never said that they were not going to accept an exemption so if that's what you mean it's false. If you are talking about them not been exempted and therefore having to enlist then it's not a matter of agreement of disagreement since it's an obligation.

• I am not gonna be mad, they are required to do military time and agreed to do so. I love them but they will do what they need to do and I will still be their fans :bts2:

The current ruling party wanted to 'postpone' it as long as possible until they are in their late 30s, but the opposition and leading candidate is someone who doesn't give a shit about Kpop.

• The worst is I can't even disagree with you. IU just owns Kpop and Korean GP adore her. She could release a song full of sneezes and coughs but Korean GP would think she is perfect and still give her allkills.

Which is what they did to Strawberry Moon, which was a weak song eventually pushed over by the Boys

• Yoon and the DP's Lee are neck-in-neck in polls. Lee had 26% of support among 1,000 people in a Gallup Korea survey this week on who should lead the country, slightly ahead of Yoon on 24%.

neck and neck fight it is hmm

wait isn't this the guy who got clowned for his superstitions lol

Polls differ every week but Lee's baggage is significantly bigger than Yoon's.

• External Content twitter.com

Dont look now but Aespa has already taken down the Senior Singer this year. Next Level has outlongevitized Celebrity and Savage is closing the gap on Strawberry's UL lead. The Senior Singer is in the fight of her life with this rising upstart 8|8|

Which is true since IU releases songs which are increasingly for her own liking instead of the gen public, but aespa only released two songs , plus some b-sides which quickly got buried, this year and the Senior Singer released quite a few which all charted kinda high.

• They are now at the height of their fame. And now Hybe is developing its own American acts

Some fans will stay. Not all.

• Which is true since IU releases songs which are increasingly for her own liking instead of the gen public, but aespa only released two songs , plus some b-sides which quickly got buried, this year and the Senior Singer released quite a few which all charted kinda high.

Well general public does not seem to mind at all, she still leads everyone in ULs.. so she sets the taste for the GP.

But yes, longevity needs fandom, else it is tough to achieve. Even so she again is top ranks by Gaon Year End.

MassiveKpopFan did an analysis, think IU had 7-8 songs doing 2 years and ofc TTN 4 years, I think.

Only Paul Kim, BTS and Busker Busker are in that very short list.

Longevity is a matter of time frame - within the year or across years. Aespa is still new to decide on that.

• BTS could set aside a handful of singles to release when they enlist, and their momentum probably wouldn't slow down at all lmao.

That is a good idea.. and also prove the impact of promotions - which at this point should be unnecessary for BTS

• Amongst all the fancy words and pontificating, history lessons and politics, I still have not seen a sentence which has logically shown how our beloved senior singer has actually battled with, ended or destroyed K Pop.

Since she is, a) y’know, K Pop and it b)continues with or without her.

I want to see the senior singer storming the buildings of the Big Four with DragonFire and ascending the Iron Throne, and am quite frankly a bit dismayed that after this decade of apparent heavy warfare, I haven’t got it.

• Amongst all the fancy words and pontificating, history lessons and politics, I still have not seen a sentence which has logically shown how our beloved senior singer has actually battled with, ended or destroyed K Pop.

I want to see the senior singer storming the buildings of the Big Four with DragonFire and ascending the Iron Throne, and am quite frankly a bit dismayed that after this decade of apparent heavy warfare, I haven’t got it.

You need special access to the "Crazy world of Whyknock", it is a separate dimension of its own, more spectacular than Westeros, Narnia and Middle Earth put together.

Reality is harsher than fantasy.

What she has done is like this

You and your friends buy a house in a nice looking neighborhood , with all of your savings

and build some kind of paradise

And one day a girl comes with a paper that she inherited the whole area from her ADOPTED grandfather, grandmother or something and evicts the entire neighborhood

She has the backing of the general store owner who has the only store in 100 miles.

So you lose everything and she demolishes all you and your friends had built and leaves the land fallow.

That's what IU has done, forcing KPop acts to emphasize on vocals, which the foreigners do not give a shit about, and making every KPop act watch their back.

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!