Former CLC member Elkie Chong officially declares her supports in China

• Girl is desperate to make money in China :peperun:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Ain't she from Hong Kong? Imagine kissing the CCP's ass just to get some money that isn't even guaranteed. CCP has been doing genocide and police brutality and she's supporting that stuff? Truly shameless!

:peperun:

It might not be her real beliefs, but the fact that anyone who wants to promote in China has to succumb to the CCP is sad. Putting money over what's morally right.....no.

• Ain't she from Hong Kong? Pulling a Jackson I see! Imagine kissing the CCP's ass just to get some money that isn't even guaranteed. CCP has been doing genocide and police brutality and she's supporting that stuff? Shameless.

doesnt that go for all for the current and past chinese k-idols as well?

• Don't know too much about disputes about water and islands but as for land border lines between India/China, and other countries like Pakistan there are really many stupid situations similar to the ones in Africa... some Europeans draw lines here and there many years back and one side respects it and other not

+ I've watch some video on youtube about fight on border in 2020, and apparently both sides - China and India didn't used any bullets or rockets, just some guys from one and other side crossed border few times and they mostly fought with fists and some sticks.

It's stupid because ones think they were defending their own land when others thought that intruders came to their land, things like that always happen when there are no "clear" and easy to know border lines.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I felt sorry for her when I learned about cube's mistreatment but I take that back. Anyone who supports that 9-dash line can go to hell.

Boredom brought me here.

• Ain't she from Hong Kong? Imagine kissing the CCP's ass just to get some money that isn't even guaranteed. CCP has been doing genocide and police brutality and she's supporting that stuff? Truly shameless!

It might not be her real beliefs, but the fact that anyone who wants to promote in China has to succumb to the CCP is sad. Putting money over what's morally right.....no.

They're just 'different norms' that's all. :pepe-use-head: Beijing Biden explained it best :

• What happens in she didn't?

Nothing as she's not a relevant enough celebrity that the CCP and mainlanders would go after her for not making a statement. She's doing it in an attempt to break into the mainland market.

• They're just 'different norms' that's all. :pepe-use-head: Beijing Biden explained it best :

Not Biden omg :pepe-peek:

• They're just 'different norms' that's all. :pepe-use-head: Beijing Biden explained it best :

Yikes. Xiden just said he doesn't want to speak on Hong Kong and the Uighurs?

Nice mental gymnastics

• What did you expect

Stop living in LALA land this is the reality, she needs to support to feed her family and protect them

What is wrong with you people

• What did you expect

Stop living in LALA land this is the reality, she needs to support to feed her family and protect them

What is wrong with you people

yeah pretty sure everyone else here is being ignorant except you

its like the rohingya people, ppl in myanmar wants to protest for them but cant since they're gonna get suppressed/die or whatever

• yeah pretty sure everyone else here is being ignorant except you

its like the rohingya people, ppl in myanmar wants to protest for them but cant since they're gonna get suppressed/die or whatever

Sometimes i think KPOP fans live too much in a bubble. Things aren't black or white

I understand people lack political awareness but this is too much.

Even in my own country i will say what is needed to survive

I find this thread IGNORANT and borderline OFFENSIVE but it is what it is

• Sometimes i think KPOP fans live too much in a bubble. Things aren't black or white

I understand people lack political awareness but this is too much.

Even in my own country i will say what is needed to survive

I find this thread IGNORANT and borderline OFFENSIVE but it is what it is

nah man i’m not gonna speak for other people but in my case i myself live under a non-democratic regime so i know what it’s like to live with an oppressive government and i sure as shit will never sprout support for said government even if i’m being held at gun point. I won’t go out of my way to suddenly voice my distaste against it in public or whatever of course but you can bet i’ll never actively go on social media to prove how “loyal” i am to such a corrupted, rotten, inhumane government lol.

Of course there is a possibility that some people who do that genuinely aren’t aware of the horrifics going on behind closed doors and they’re been brainwashed to support their regime without question, but even in that case the most sympathetic i could be is not to judge them for their ignorance, but i also won’t become a fan of them if it’s an idol since they have a platform to reach and influence millions of people with their warped beliefs. If they are aware of what china’s done tho, and for whatever reason still decided to promote their support then there’s nothing else left to say bc i sure as shit will judge the hell out of them :-)

Edited once, last by whipped ().

• essentially another sell out. it's true, if you want to have a career in china, gotta get with this shit. Communism for ya

Communism has been a blanket term used especially by Americans to describe something bad lol

What China has is state capitalism. True communism is dead. Any country that implements it will die in todays market system.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• Communism has been a blanket term used especially by Americans to describe something bad lol

What China has is state capitalism. True communism is dead. Any country that implements it will die in todays market system.

you don't have to explain the capitalism in China for me, I'm well aware of it and it being the core force

the communist ideals still are rich though not as severe as they once were. My mistake was just stating it was communistic, you got me there.

• Well, life is not black and white. She needs to make money to support her and her family. Not like if she stayed in S.K. some of you who are judging her would buy all her stuff and keep her career alive.

For sure China is not in the right, but I can't at you all pointing fingers bc "they are selling their moralities for money" when it could be that they agree with China and then you can do nothing about it bc everybody has opinions and "surprisingly" they are different. And about this whole "China deserves hate for their atrocities", just so you all know that almost every country deserves it too. USA did so many horrible things to people in so many countries, but you just choose to ignore this bc it doesn't fit your narrative about an oppressor country or bc they seem good now..

I feel bad and pray for the citizens living in this type of country, but I'm not gonna "crucify" idols when the government is in the wrong. It's like some of you are fighting the wrong fight. You have a oppressor king, but somehow you all are aiming at the court clown.. and let's not say about how influential she is, bc she is not. She is a super young artist trying to survive. Go after the king and his soldiers people. They are the ones who make the cruel things. The celebrities unfortunately are just "dolls" with no choices, and don't come with the "they can choose to not support it" bc they can also choose to not starve too.

• My country is really small and is being affected because of China's aggressiveness. They fight with every neighbor country, and go look up the nine dash line they're claiming, it's ridiculous. I can understand her a bit if she posts it on weibo, she chooses to post on instagram herself, and y'all say people cannot be mad at her, she's a puppet and sh*t. She chooses it herself to post on instagram. F*ck the whole black and white some of you trying to spin, once you're part of a small country seeing a big country trying to take over your country land and potentially your country, you'll understand why people are mad at her.

It's even more ridiculous that some people on twitter even spin it as some western propaganda to hate on China. F*ck Chinese government, whoever support it and people who defend this thing.

• Girl is desperate to make money in China :peperun:

External Content twitter.com

Ok let me explain to you people who are not from asia how shit works. I'm from Korea so you learn a lot about China being that close and also visting other countries really opens your eyes.

Being a celebrity in China is basically a curse, you see obtaining wealth or influence is only allowed by the government= the ccp the citizens in China are as much the victim as any country that is being attacked by China. They actively brainwash, threaten arrest and kill its own citizens realize China is literally just north korea but rich that's literally the only difference.

She's become a ccp shill because the party wants to make an example of her just like what happened to china's most popular female celebrity fa bing bing. If they feel you are becoming more influential than the government they will knock you down make you do ccp propoganda fluff pieces they know it will make you uncool and your fans will hate it. They get any of these celebrities to do anything because they can and will threaten you your life or if you are out of china's control they will threaten your family and loved ones in China forcing you to do what they want or else. Most people will do it to. They know how people get dissapeaerd, the concentration camps the tianamen square massacre etc they know full well the CCP doesn't joke about comply or else.

Hell if anyone is on this site or twitter, facebook etc that's chinese from China you understand that they could get arrested or killed for it. Anyone herr from there is using a vpn to bypass the great firewall china isolates itself from the world's internet and censor everything going in and out of china. If you see offical account of Chinese people openly active on these websites their own picture where they are from etc then they are members or affiliated with the Chinese government as only gov people can have western internet and fear any punishment. The only reason no one has gotten rid of modern day nazi germany= china is because it's a nuclear armed state nukes are a huge detterant to war because you can end all life on the planet

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!