Do you think one day a foreign idol will be successfull in solo in Korea ?

• we had tons of foreigners idols through the years in kpop but once it was time to go solo they all went back to their country or flopped

• Amber tried to become successfull in korea at first but when she notice that it wasn't working she went to US and now she's promoting in china
    • Jackson decided to follow a career in china even if he had a decent popularity in korea
    • Tao, Luhan, kris all decided to go back to china after exo to pursue their solo activites
    • Victoria didn't even try to promote in korea she directly moved to china
    • cheng xiao, ... all put WJSN on the side to pursue solo career in china
    • Nickhun tried to release album in korea who all flopped hard, that's why nowadays he's focusing more on his activities in Thailand
    • Lisa debut in Korea, but her solo debut flopped there even if she's very successfull internationally, that's why YG promotes her more in china and internationally now

it seems like it's impossible for foreigner to become successfull in korea and most of them seems to not even try anymore and directly prefer to surf on their "kpop idols" popularity to use it to their advantage in their home country

do you think it's possible for a foreigner idol to become successfull in korea in their solo activities ? and if yes who currently do you think have the best potential for this and why ?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Jackson actually couldn't promote solo in Korea while he was under JYP. That's why he chose to promote internationally.

Also Bambam is doing well enough for his company it seems.

• Lisa debut in Korea, but her solo debut flopped there even if she's very successfull internationally, that's why YG promotes her more in china and internationally now

do you think it's possible for a foreigner idol to become successfull in korea in their solo activities ?

If Lisa's Korean, knetz will probably hype her up to the best thing since kimchi.

So yeah, it's possible to have some measure of success but never top tier.

• If Lisa's Korean, knetz will probably hype her up to the best thing since kimchi.

I think that her solo is a digital flop for these reasons, as her vocal is not popular and we did not see anything different from what we saw in Blackpink. In addition, it is successful globally, and Korea is only one country. :thumbup:

I want Ningning to succeed in Korea but I have no hope especially with the recent accident, she’s the #1 target.

Definitely, only Winter and Karina will be successful in solo, most likely. Ningning will probably return to China. I like Ningning's voice tone more but I don't think SM will push her solo career. But Aespa's very popular I hope Sm does give a bit of a push to the careers of all members. :thumbup:

• Hmm maybe but those aren't great examples you gave OP

-Amber is talentless so her solo was never going to do well. Shake that brass ..... eww

-Chinese idols generally do not even try for a Korean solo career because they get paid 10 times as much in china and the market is much bigger..... those examples don't count

Only one I'll say maybe yes is Lisa's solo not charting well in korea.

• If Lisa's Korean, knetz will probably hype her up to the best thing since kimchi.

well it would be the case for most of the idol mention if they were koreans they would have been much more successfull

but looking at Lisa in comparison of the other members solo in korea, her solo flop even in the initial charting and tbh i don't see how YG could do anything to improve her popularity here, because even if she's popular internationally koreans doesn't seem to be interest in getting behind her

I want Ningning to succeed in Korea but I have no hope especially with the recent accident, she’s the #1 target.

i would love this but SM will never promote a foreigner even if she blows up

they are focusing on karina and winter in korea , so even if she didn't have this accident i doubt she would had a chance

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• The success rate for a native to reach a level that is reasonably successful is probably below 0,01%, and thats from a pool of tens of thousands koreans trying. What are we talking about when it comes to foreign people trying to make in korea, a couple of hundred at most in a decade or so ?

For sure they will have things working against that a native wont have. At the same time that might also be what helps them stick out abit.

And i dont think its differs much from other places, in almost every nation on earth the biggest stars will be native to the country

• I don't want to ask too much from Korea,

I'm already glad " money" is growing and did well in America

and i'm happy that china, Europa and sea are behind her .... that's really enough for me

they just need to respect foreign idol, that's it

“ < 4 you & her

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!