You are an Idol still are in group but already debuted solo, what would you do if...

• You are in 5-6th year of contract with agency

but

your solo sales are equivalent of 65-75% of your groups last album

would you even think of renewing a contract as group member

or would you rather go solo

or for example sign with different agency - like Wheein did, but still from time to time promote with group members?

instead of voting, let's talk.

My personal take:

Let's say last group album total sales were 500k total sales

but I've debuted solo and alone sold 340k

But in group there are four-five other members

so the money needs to be split within us all

when as soloist I split the cake to two, just me and agency.

Honestly I would only stay in group/in current agency if I would know that they are preparing big world tour: US/CAN + West Europe + Japan/Australia, and if I would get gut feeling that next group album might get big sales boost.

But if for example I wouldn't like just small bit of things within agency, or if we will be voting for next single and 4 members will choose 1 song, and me & other chingu choice wouldn't be the one I liked then I will respect their choice and promote well but still say bye bye to yorobun when my contract will expire.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well yes in a group you have the share the profits but the question is can you continously sell that many albums whilst no longer being in that group?

ie. does the benefits of being in hte group and associated with the group outweigh the benefits of being a complete soloist

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!