Why do you think Taeyeon’s latest songs all become hits?

• When female soloists are pretty much flopping now, like Chungha, Sunmi, Hwasa or Jessi, Taeyeon has a 1-2-3-4 punch with Weekend, Can’t Control Myself, Step Back, INVU. Whenever Taeyeon releases music, people always check them out but her few songs before Weekend drop on the charts pretty quickly, but from Weekend her songs stay high on the charts. Why is Taeyeon having a career revival 16 years into her career?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Good songs that gp like, that's it

But Sunmi latest songs are great too and sounds like what the gp likes, but Sunmi is flopping.

• The public has given the tag "trust and listen to Taeyeon". You don't get that sort of description easily. Taeyeon has been a big name singer since her rokkie days with her hit osts, then SNSD megastardom and finally as a full on soloist so public will always be expecting her to deliver. Helps also that she has SSS tier music

• oh really do you know why didn’t she promote before?

She said she got lonely without her members and during those times her depression was really affecting her. She didn't do any activities outside releasing music and touring and stayed outside the spotlight. At one point it was so bad she took a few months off completely career wise. She was closer to being semi retired from the idol life.

Thankfully she's improved leaps and bounds in the last 2 ish years where she's a permanent TV member show, promotes in music shows, does activities like cfs and YouTube videos and so on. She's much more happy overall

• I guess sometimes it's really hard to predict when certain songs from certain singers do well compared to others...

it may be the artists popularity

it may be the song was well liked by the GP

a lot of times hindsight is 20/20 and it's hard to predict these days what will happen to a song beforehand

• Revival?

Every main single release of hers since 2015 have made it into top 20 and all but two into top 10. Very few artists in the last years can compete with that track record.

• She has managed to stay trendy and relevant among the young crowd. She had the older and 2nd gen fans secured but thanks to her promos+concept+likeability, the young people in Korea are into her. Even among ifans, I havw noticed many don't know GOT hyoyeon was her bandmate in SNSD, and some have never heard about the group but they do know Taeyeon

• The answer I think, is because Taeyeon is Taeyeon.

Let me explain...GP truly loves Taeyeon's voice. "Trust and listen to Taeyeon" is quite known when she is mentioned. Her voice is loved by GP like IU's voice (on a lesser degree in general, IU is the vocal color queen), even though Taeyeon is the ballad queen. But both of their voices are LOVED by GP. They just don't get tired of listening to them. You can get tired of a pretty face, but a pretty voice can have a longer lasting power.

Also Taeyeon is not only talented and pretty but also very charismatic and attractive. Her hype never dies down. And her success is dependent on weather SM gives her a good song or not or even something more experimental (like something new).

So depending of the quality of the song she would do bad, ok or great. Except something new though she did fairly well to really good to some smashing hits like I, 11 11, Four Season and INVU.

ps: and also because she has SM behind her who is able to give her top quality music and production too and yes GOT also gave her more hype but regardless she was bound to do great with a song like that following her previous hit song Weekend.

• Eh.. Wasn't that always the case?

She always charts very well, top 10 or 20.

Whether she gets to #1, is just a matter of what else is going on at that time.

Only IU and BTS can chart definitely high, irrespective of what else is happening.

Otherwise Taeyeon isn't far behind.

• The reason is Taeyeon always has the public interest when she releases new music. The songs she released previous to Weekend (Dear Me, Happy, WDICY) all debuted in the top 20 of the Gaon digital ranking. It's just a matter of whether the songs stick with the public or whether they're not really vibing with the song. In the case of Happy iirc she even hit #1 on melon (or at least #2 if not #1) and debuted at #4 on the Gaon digital ranking, but it fell off and didn't have longevity because people just weren't vibing with it. All of her recent releases are keeping people more interested is the best explanation for why she's doing well lately. She always has the potential to have a hit when she releases new music, it's just whether people like the song or not that determines whether the song will be a hit.

• Not all taeyeon but all female artist doing super good in charts atm. The just reign back like what they did at the past

Who? The main ones I can think of are like Sunmi, Chungha, Hyuna, Hwasa, Wheein, IU, Heize, Bol4. Out of all of these female soloists, Wheein is doing well with an ost right now which wasn't even her comeback, Heize is doing well, and I don't have to talk about IU for obvious reasons. The rest all haven't really done too well lately.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!