Why Kpop fans never talk about Apink's Eunji when mentioning amazing kpop vocalists??

• I just watched her cover of Adele's Easy on Me and i am reminded of how amazing she is. AKP vocal experts is she not good enough for her to receive a mention in the various vocal discussion on the forum?

If you don't have never heard her sing enjoy the video below

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What's cool about it is that it feels like Eunji's version, not "Eunji doing Adele's version". I like the feeling she puts into the performance and her timing of singing various lines.

You know how the typical K-Pop audience is. If you don't look a certain way, you aren't going to get as much attention no matter how "skilled up" of a singer you are.

• I don't think I have commented in one of those "best Vocalists" threads since the Forum change or even noticed one

But I used to always bring up Eunji in those because I love Power Vocals and her Voice might just be the most powerful one out there

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I mean this is not even an Apink specific live event so not necessarily Apink fans in the audience and you can hear the Audience react whenever she makes her high notes especially the long one around 2:50

• What's cool about it is that it feels like Eunji's version, not "Eunji doing Adele's version". I like the feeling she puts into the performance and her timing of singing various lines.

You know how the typical K-Pop audience is. If you don't look a certain way, you aren't going to get as much attention no matter how "skilled up" of a singer you are.

sadly kpop fans are more into visuals :pepe-sad:

• fr? she is one of the best vocalists. It's just that when people ask around in threads etc they get responses from fans of popular groups. and most mention their fav group's main vocalist. The good and the bad ones.

lt64IYu.gif

• Actually, that's untrue. Eunji got mentioned, even frequently, when discussing vocal rankings and strong vocalists and discussions about them.

But as the years progressed, she got mentioned less and less for the same reason other strong 2nd gen vocalists - and even 3rd gen vocalists - like Taeyeon, Shannon, Luna, Jimin, Solji, Yuju etc etc got mentioned less and less: usually only the vocalists of currently active and popular groups are in people's minds, and as soon as their groups disband or become inactive and their solo activities diminish, all those former vocalists also disappear from the discussions about (currently active) singers.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Oh her covers are fantastic. She makes them sound effortlessly seamless..

Perhaps her acting success and general lesser profile of Apink, kind of put her vocals skills in the shadow.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• Actually, that's untrue. Eunji got mentioned, even frequently, when discussing vocal rankings and strong vocalists and discussions about them.

But as the years progressed, she got mentioned less and less for the same reason other strong 2nd gen vocalists - and even 3rd gen vocalists - like Taeyeon, Shannon, Luna, Jimin, Solji, Yuju etc etc got mentioned less and less: usually only the vocalists of currently active and popular groups are in people's minds, and as soon as their groups disband or become inactive and their solo activities diminish, all those former vocalists also disappear from the discussions about (currently active) singers.

I never see her being mentioned even on the old forum. the ones i see usually being mentioned are SM idols and Mamamoo

• Maybe if she had a flourishing solo career her vocal skills will be talked about more

I also knew her first as an actress from watching Reply 1997 before becoming a fan of Apink

Could be

Eunji, Hyeri and few others had/have concurrent singing and acting careers, but it is only in the case of IU, that each stream reinforces/benefits the other, whereas with others, that doesn't help much.

Even Suzy, for all her acting success, benefited her group or solo career much.

So you may have a point there.

• I just watched her cover of Adele's Easy on Me and i am reminded of how amazing she is. AKP vocal experts is she not good enough for her to receive a mention in the various vocal discussion on the forum?

Considering she's stronger than Taeyeon, she is certainly one of the strongest 2nd gen vocalists.

There's a couple of reasons why Eunji isn't mentioned too much:

1. The group she's in. Apink didn't have super vocally difficult parts besides Eunji's parts so a lot of people only considered them a "cute" group, especially among internationals. Eunji also sang very cutsey in songs for years so a lot of people underestimated her.

2. The vocalists around her. Eunji has a vocal coach background, and therefore is easily by far the strongest in her group, however since there's a pretty huge gap with the rest, Apink generally doesn't do super highlighted vocal parts besides 1 high note for Eunji. They also aren't particularly known for live vocals even though they are good because their more popular members are not vocalists. Namjoo has improved but very few people have noticed.

3. Her improvement. Eunji's biggest improvement has been in her lows. That's a register that doesn't get highlighted much by kpop fans, hence why a lot of people don't realize the difference between Taeyeon and Eunji for one, and you can really see the critical acclaim.

4. What she's famous for. Eunji is known for her acting by most int kpop fans in terms of solo work. While she's an amazing actress, she isn't primarily known for her singing solo career like Taeyeon, or even Solji.

5. Eunji being very smart. Eunji is more of a ballad vocalist. She knows this and doesn't force herself to belt very often, as she's not a belter (upper range is her weakest) like her contemporaries. However belters tend to be more acknowledged by the everyday listener.

This is why something like Queendom will help her and her group with recognition.

• I never see her being mentioned even on the old forum. the ones i see usually being mentioned are SM idols and Mamamoo

She did get mentioned in several vocals discussions, on this and other forums. But the same with others that got mentioned from time to time like Yuju, Solji (EXID), Shannon, Luna (f(x)), Sunye (WG) and others, as soon as their groups disband and their idol career diminishes and fades, they disappear from the conversation. And new, 4th gen vocalists, are getting introduced into the conversation, like Yuri (ex-IZ*One), Chowon (Lightsum), Sieun (STAYC) etc.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• 2. The vocalists around her. Eunji has a vocal coach background, and therefore is easily by far the strongest in her group, however since there's a pretty huge gap with the rest, Apink generally doesn't do super highlighted vocal parts besides 1 high note for Eunji. They also aren't particularly known for live vocals even though they are good because their more popular members are not vocalists. Namjoo has improved but very few people have noticed.

Namjoo's vocal has always been good and is 2nd best vocal in the group. She has gotten adlibs in some of the title tracks alongside Eunji. But their company just wants to push Bomi 1st because od the cutesy concpet and 2nd because namjoo doesnt fit the korean beauty standard.

• cause she's not from SM

the only older groups that get clout are SM groups because SM stans are extremely dedicated at promoting their idols forever

which is great actually

when people talk about best vocalists or something they only talk about their own ( usually small ) sample size from experience

if someone really really wanted to give a proper answer to those questions they'd have to listen to hundreds maybe thousands of idols, 90% of which dont get the opportunities and finances to fully show their potential, and many of them are likely better than the popular " best vocalists " for all we know

except Wendy

Wendy is the GOAT

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

I think that she is not that popular so people forget about her, but when she is brought up, people do agree that she deserves to be mentioned with the top vocals.

• when people talk about best vocalists or something they only talk about their own ( usually small ) sample size from experience

if someone really really wanted to give a proper answer to those questions they'd have to listen to hundreds maybe thousands of idols, 90% of which dont get the opportunities and finances to fully show their potential, and many of them are likely better than the popular " best vocalists " for all we know

And kinda this.

When people talk about best vocalists - and best dancers and rappers too for that matter - it's usually from the maybe 10 to 20, 25 groups that they know, and those are usually Big 4 groups and some other popular groups, and then only the latest, still active groups, 3rd-4th gen (I mean, who's even mentioning Luna, or The Grace's Lina, or Sunye or Kyuhyun these days? And those were Big 3 idols).

There are many real gems in vocals, dance or rap among the hundreds of groups that debuted in the last 10 years, true top talents - but they aren't Big 4 or Top 10 groups, so nobody really knows them well, so nobody talks about them. Except for the lonesome, lost fan that has found them and got to know about them and their talents.

SWJ1P.gif

• i know she's good at singing but i forget to credit her as often as i should be :lisa3:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!