Why do people deny NCT as a popular group ?

• its a genuine question

some knet comments

4. [+50, -2] This is basically an attempt at trying to save NCT's dying popularity, no? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    9. [+24, -0] SM's so desperate to make NCT relevant...
    13. [+16, -1] NCT really was not popular enough for how much SM invested in them
    11. [+20, -2] Basically using Taemin, Kai, and Baekhyun as their last ditch effort to save NCT ㅋㅋㅋ
    3. [+191, -9] Let's be honest, they are nugus, aren't they?? Just admit the facts
    7. [+20, -3] I didn't even know SM had a group like this until I read this article;;
    9. [+19, -5] It's true that NCT is a flop though
    3. [+1,320, -277] Just look at NCT... winning off of SM's back

2. [+374, -29] Who is this nugu male idol group? What even is their debut song?
    6. [+30, -5] NCT will go down in history as SM's worst failure...
    8. [+21, -5] Who is NCT??? First time hearing about these nugus
    2. [+2,720, -220] Seemed like they were getting quite the support at Gayo Daejun yesterday and yet no one gives even an ounce of care about them ㅋㅋㅋ
    7. [+385, -53] SM's first ever failure group
    10. [+71, -49] Must suck for SM ㅋㅋ They've invested years into this group but they're getting no where...
    5. [+23, -10] Who are these nugus winning #1?
    14. [+13, -9] NCT nugu?

there were so much comments like these i got tired of copy and pasting....you get the point

now for some nice knet comments

4. [+89, -27] Stop hating on them, they're living a better life than you are
    5. [+77, -17] Go support your own favorite artists and stop leaving hate comments here... ㅠㅠ
    7. [+50, -5] The hate comments ㅋㅋ Why attack on an article like this? When did they ever act like they were super famous? Their potential is still open.
    8. [+38, -5] So much haters but I'll take that to mean that NCT still has a lot of potential. Guys, please don't get upset over the comments and find strength.

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

saay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.comsaay icons | Tumblrsaay icon Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

• Hmmm not sure at all actually

• Their fandom is smaller than expected considering they are an SM group. Since SM groups usually catch a big fanbase from the very start, i guess since this time it didnt happen, knetz think like this?

• Their fandom is smaller than expected considering they are an SM group. Since SM groups usually catch a big fanbase from the very start, i guess since this time it didnt happen, knetz think like this?

Their fandom is not small for SM standards at all rn, it's true that at debut and for the first like 2 years the fandom wasn't that big but It makes sense for the confusing and offputting concept they had and the music direction they were going, those comments are from 2019 or so though, when SuperM was formed, even LSM said that NCT would start to really work out at like the 4th year and... Well, 2020 happened.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• They just arent so big... They dont have popularity outside of the fandom AT ALL and even their fandom isnt among the biggest out there.

They got some popularity with years, but it is mostly bc they almost dont have competition, besides BTS and SVT. They got so many fans bc X1 disbanded and bc EXO isnt active, more than half of their fans are it bc of those 2 reasons. SM is promoting them so hard, they use every opportunity to promote them, even the whole SuperM thing/group. And they still dont have some huge results. If a group from big 3 with so much effort dont become huge, it is automatically a fail for some people.

• Their fandom is not small for SM standards at all rn, it's true that at debut and for the first like 2 years the fandom wasn't that big but It makes sense for the confusing and offputting concept they had and the music direction they were going, those comments are from 2019 or so though, when SuperM was formed, even LSM said that NCT would start to really work out at like the 4th year and... Well, 2020 happened.

thats what im saying tho, with amount of effort sm puts, the way they didnt hit it off right from the start made knetz belittle them. ofc the reason tehy didnt hit it off was because of concept too, at least partially

• thats what im saying tho, with amount of effort sm puts, the way they didnt hit it off right from the start made knetz belittle them. ofc the reason tehy didnt hit it off was because of concept too, at least partially

Yeah but it's like people always mention this big push they received from the start which I fail to see, they had a lot of comebacks because they are divided on units but idk their MVs weren't even that expensive and SM barely promoted them outside Korea or gave them expensive comebacks until 2018.

Neo got my back

• Yeah but it's like people always mention this big push they received from the start which I fail to see, they had a lot of comebacks because they are divided on units but idk their MVs weren't even that expensive and SM barely promoted them outside Korea or gave them expensive comebacks until 2018.

to my knowledge i remember knetz mentioning their very strong push and protection article wise, as well as variety show thing which to my knowledge barely any sm group has one

• to my knowledge i remember knetz mentioning their very strong push and protection article wise, as well as variety show thing which to my knowledge barely any sm group has one

I remember the 8000 articles hating on them and Taeyong since predebut as well so if that's protection do not want it, about variety shows... Emmmm... NCT Life? Idk, knets will bash any new group, specially if it's from SM though.

Neo got my back

• I remember the 8000 articles hating on them and Taeyong since predebut as well so if that's protection do not want it, about variety shows... Emmmm... NCT Life? Idk, knets will bash any new group, specially if it's from SM though.

not really, if they had a huge hit, things might be different, Ikon at their debut, got alot of support because of it for example (giving them as example since they are big3 group)

with nct, they were pushed too much without hit, it didnt help taeyong's issue happened too. Even now, most positive reactions are towards Mark and Jaehyun

• What? That’s literally an SM thing. They are the ones who started it.

i wouldnt know thats what they said T^T i guess TV appearances, maybe they saw something we didnt, i barely watch korean variety other than immortal songs o.o

• You make more sense usually then other user

lol thank you, I read alot of Qoo, so i more or less know opinions towards every group in general, I tried to explain a bit at least o.o you stan nct right?? i dont remember your bias T^T but i do remember that!!

• It’s a one thing to point out that a group is not doing well and another to bash them for it. I know these knets’ comments are from two years ago and I don’t really care if people think they’re flops still, but I hate how in every article whether positive or neutral, you see the majority of the comments hate on NCT.

I have never seen a group that gets hate more than praise for non controversial topics like NCT in every article/news. Speaking of both Knets and international kpop fans comments in disqus. What makes it worse is that I have seen same people deny that NCT get much hate and act as if their favs are victims while NCT get privilege and undeserved praise all the time.

lt64IYu.gif

• It’s a one thing to point out that a group is not doing well and another to bash them for it. I know these knets comments are from two years ago and I don’t really care if people think they’re flops still, but I hate how in every article whether positive or neutral, you see the majority of the comments hate on NCT.

I have never seen a group that gets hate more than praise for non controversial topics like NCT in every article/news. Speaking of both Knets and international kpop fans comments in discuss. What makes it worse is that I have seen same people deny that NCT get much hate and act as if their favs are victims while NCT get privilege and undeserved praise all the time.

True

• not really, if they had a huge hit, things might be different, Ikon at their debut, got alot of support because of it for example (giving them as example since they are big3 group)

with nct, they were pushed too much without hit, it didnt help taeyong's issue happened too. Even now, most positive reactions are towards Mark and Jaehyun

I think is pretty clear that NCT's music direction was far from the GP since the start though, they always went for the fandom route, but I kind of understand these knets are coming from an era where charting for idol groups was far more important and indicated how successfull the group was, but things have changed.

Neo got my back

• I think is pretty clear that NCT's music direction was far from the GP since the start though, they always went for the fandom route, but I kind of understand these knets are coming from an era where charting for idol groups was far more important and indicated how successfull the group was, but things have changed.

i mean yeah, but thats not GP expected i guess, you saw with Aespa, saw how much they complained about lack of SNSD. I think its related to company however, since they are from SM and getting supported by them, when people dont see immense success, people think they are unsuccessful. I even saw users who think TBZ is more successful and has bigger fandom, which i wildly disagree even if TBZ is growing quite fastly

• Because they don't have a hit song, not even a average hit song, not to mention massive hit or national hit.

that why digital is important for a group. without one hit song, you will always be called NUGU.

• Honestly, I feel like people just like to play this narrative that NCT will fail because of their concept, plus people don't want a big bg like NCT to take over.

moreover, negativity is like a loudspeaker. NCT is actually one of the most popular BG. They grew really big this year.

• i haven’t seen people deny that. maybe that’s just me lol. i do see ppl say they aren’t as big as bts in the west which i don’t get why that needs to be even said but yeah.

• no hit

no korean support

big fandom core

for the variety, they did their own shows on their YT channel and thats how they gained fans. Their contents is good, refreshing and always kinda innovative.

Now that they send some members on korean variety shows, maybe they will gain popularity in the korean gp. but they a bg, and super large, its not easy.

maybe the day they will chart ppl will say they successful. anyways, they sell a lot, and since day 1 SM said fuck chart and korean gp validation with the experimental music they got..

anticipating the day Koreans will find it cool to listen to NCT...Kick it was great I have to say.

NCT1_HIRES-3-1024x547.jpg

NEO

CULTURE

TECHNOLOGY

• When you're from SM, you either get called a failure if you're not number 1 or you get your hard work denied because of privilege. There's no in between. Notice how every SM group since EXO got called SM's first failure in their early years. There are many 1st SM failures lol.

Anyway, NCT said in their debut song that they'll take it slow. 4 years later and they're selling millions.

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!