Why is the Jypngg not making any noise?

• They just release a trailer and people already said it sounded childish and copied Enhypen? Even when the members are revealed, I don’t see the excitement as when Ive or Trainee A revealed members. Why is this group not making noise/going viral yet despite being from Jyp?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enhypen for reference:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

😹 on Twitter
    “i hope nmixx stans can watch this to understand why engenes are mad at JYP for practically ripping off enhypen’s concept. https://t.co/7IEm6zREoj”
    mobile.twitter.com

Edited once, last by bbb988 ().

• Tbh I didn't even knew they had a name already

Something to praise other companies like YG, Hybe and SM is that their debuts do get a lot of buzz, at least online, because i couldn't escape tweets about enhypen, treasure and aespa debuts back then

I think it's maybe because none of the girls except Lily were known? Itzy had multiple members appearing on TV + the Somi leaving thing. Treasure and enhypen came from a survival shows. Aespa is aespa, the first SM gg after RV.

Jype has debuted many acts since itzy, and it feels like the new gg isn't going to be "the next big thing" if the company already has an active 4th gen gg. Unlike YG and SM which debuted new groups for their new generation

Also, jype used to have the label as the best company when it comes to girlgroups but since itzy and twice aren't doing as great as before, the hype isn't as big for their little sisters. In comparison, itzy was announced during twice peak years.

• It was just random narration & flash photos. Only interesting thing about that trailer was Lily’s voice

And they’re getting enough hype, it’ll only go up once their debut era starts

• They aren’t copying enhypen, though I did hear jyp stole the concept of a previous gg MIXX?

Tbh that’s cuz nobody asked for them, like we have Itzy alr. It’s not the same with smngg (aespa) and ygngg when there is/was years of waiting and theory abt them.

And Itzy have not solidified themselves in the industry yet, they are basically 3yrs old rn but feel like rookies, Itzy debut when twice was 3yrs old but twice was the top gg and solidified themselves long ago. That’s why everyone was a okay with it, but Itzy fans feel they don’t have that security twice did, we all know gg fans anxious of new ggs debuting bcs companies misogynistic and sexist AF. Nmixx will be itzy’s competition the way Itzy was never for twice.

They’ll still do well, maybe we shouldn’t judge their hype rn since no concept pics have come out but even then I remember Itzy and aespa having so much more hype during this time of their predebut phase.

• they'll probably have more hype when they start making debut trailiers. people tend to pay more attention when its time for the group to debut

• Trainee A revealed members.

Was trainee A even hype by people ? tbh i only saw BH fans hyping them on this thread on AKP about them but that's it

and yeah pretty much this when itzy members were promoted on multiple show + people were hype to see the result after somi left + it was the first GG since Twice

this GG doesn't feel as new than Itzy because like this user said they aren't as establish in korea than Twice was during their time

+ JYP have been debuting groups after groups like nothing , we had Itzy, then we had months of survival show for niziu and niziu debut, this whole strategy of debuting group after group at such a fast pace is killing the predebut hype of the groups

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Tbh I didn't even knew they had a name already

Something to praise other companies like YG, Hybe and SM is that their debuts do get a lot of buzz, at least online, because i couldn't escape tweets about enhypen, treasure and aespa debuts back then

I think it's maybe because none of the girls except Lily were known? Itzy had multiple members appearing on TV + the Somi leaving thing. Treasure and enhypen came from a survival shows. Aespa is aespa, the first SM gg after RV.

Jype has debuted many acts since itzy, and it feels like the new gg isn't going to be "the next big thing" if the company already has an active 4th gen gg. Unlike YG and SM which debuted new groups for their new generation

Also, jype used to have the label as the best company when it comes to girlgroups but since itzy and twice aren't doing as great as before, the hype isn't as big for their little sisters. In comparison, itzy was announced during twice peak years.

Ironic considering Somi first got her hype in IOI when she was still a JYP trainee and she was in your DP

:pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Well I mean Trainee A channel alone has 500,000 subscribers, twice that of the Jyp girl groups; their Twitter has 3 times the followers of Jypn even when they just release fun videos. Even on the Korean site, articles about Trainee a has > 1000 comments, and you know Koreans don’t even care about boy groups that much compared to girl groups yet they still have as much engagement as this girl group. Like for a Jyp girl group, I was expecting more hype around them.

• Well I mean Trainee A channel alone has 500,000 subscribers, twice that of the Jyp girl groups; their Twitter has 3 times the followers of Jypn even when they just release fun videos. Even on the Korean site, articles about Trainee a has > 1000 comments, and you know Koreans don’t even care about boy groups that much compared to girl groups yet they still have as much engagement as this girl group. Like for a Jyp girl group, I was expecting more hype around them.

well 1000 comment seems pretty low for a kpop group of big egency no ?

and 1000 comments doesn't mean they are hype if it's only comment make by BH stan

because personally that's the feeling i have

even if JYPnGG isn't as hype than previous big GG debut, at least people hyping for them seems to be from different fandom, i saw mys, midzy, once etc... being hype for them, GG debut gets more hype from kpop fans in general meanwhile BG debut only seems to be hype by fans who already stan BG of the agency

trainee A i only saw people who stan Big hit Groups like army, moa and engenes hyping them and that's it

and it kinda remind me enhypen who were hype a lot by army and moa

I guess only TXT were hype by various fandom, because they were the first BG after BTS and everybody was curious to see what they'll do

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• ...I'm still generally indifferent until some music is actually dropped. To be completely honest, the group name feels "off brand"..but good songs could make up for it.

The thing about 'Hypen's intro is it could easily be parlayed into a full-length cinematic feeling 3:xx track. The intro for the girls wasn't really engaging until 1:26; over half of the vid gone before feeling interested but arriving at ":|..Okay." instead of " :love: More!!"?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!