Most kpop stans only care about world issues when it affects their faves

• Don’t act like i’m making random shit up cause it’s true.

I spend some time on all kind of social media and when all the asian anti racism thing started, everyone was talking about it, but barely any kpop stans were talking about it. But when that german interview thing happened where he was racist towards BTS, all i could see on my pfp was kpop stans (mostly armies) saying "stop racism towards asians". Bitch what?!? Why weren’t you saying that before?

Another example is when kpop stans suddenly become feminists when their faves face misogyny.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t speak up about world issues because they SHOULD. But i’m calling a lot of yall out for being hypocrites.

And this happens ESPECIALLY with armies and blinks, those two fandoms are the biggest hypocrites. One second they be bullying people online and right after they be talking about self love.

Key word: Mostly

Tl;dr: Most kpop fans are performative activists

• Okay you didnt have to spill :eyes: your completely correct on this one. This is what I've been thinking when the whole BTS thing happened. Also this reminds of of the performative activism armies had when BTS donated to BLM, not even armies the whole kpop fandom as a whole. And then a month later people were back to being racist and defending their racist idols again. I'm not saying the whole fandom was like this but the majority.

• Not true.

Amazing incoming news: people can have more than one interest. You can like an entertainment group, but also read politics and donate to social issues. If you want to stereotype a whole fandom, that's silly. ARMY and Blinks both have outside-of kpop interests that include greater social issues. Evidence: both groups have contributed to do things like save rainforests, help pets in shelters, or donate to BLM. People aren't one-dimensional.

You came for two of the most actively charitable fanbases in the world... why?

• Most kpop stans are asians, most kpop stans are women...

Not really sure why you think they don't care about anti-asian racism or sexism when they are directly affected. Fandom offers a method of action, and grants a bigger impact, but I firmly believe that people are sincere when they talk about these issues, and try to fight them with their own weapons.

Just like for most social issues, they just use this specific example to federate and have a bigger impact.

Also are you seriously complaining about people fighting racism and giving to charities ? Jesus Christ.

• Okay you didnt have to spill :eyes: your completely correct on this one. This is what I've been thinking when the whole BTS thing happened. Also this reminds of of the performative activism armies had when BTS donated to BLM, not even armies the whole kpop fandom as a whole. And then a month later people were back to being racist and defending their racist idols again. I'm not saying the whole fandom was like this but the majority.

Ok you’re usually a troll but u kinda spilled with this one. And also :akorns: :akorns:

Now the funniest thing will be them trying to deny it when everyone knows i’m right :cryingr:

• People forget that most armys are even on Twitter because of BTS. We rarely have moots who have interactions with non armys who keep up to date with social issues on Twitter. I don’t know for others but I was pretty aware of the anti Asian racism going on. One army big account I follow posted about these things so I was aware of it. But remember that not all armys follow that account. The only account to be able to tweet something so that every army on Twitter takes part is BTS. They are the biggest account in the fandom.

Thankfully armys have done well to come together at crucial times to defend against injustices and spread their love through charities. I wonder what kpop even as a whole has ever done about these things. And what music fandoms out there are actually doing the things armys do on daily basis.

And not you trying to call out armys and blinks; what have other fandoms ever done on Twitter in the first place apart from trending about their faves and scandals. Shut up :boredr:

• Not true.

Amazing incoming news: people can have more than one interest. You can like an entertainment group, but also read politics and donate to social issues. If you want to stereotype a whole fandom, that's silly. ARMY and Blinks both have outside-of kpop interests that include greater social issues. Evidence: both groups have contributed to do things like save rainforests, help pets in shelters, or donate to BLM. People aren't one-dimensional.

You came for two of the most actively charitable fanbases in the world... why?

^ Agreed.

To add: There's really only so much an individual can do. Both of the fandoms have large fanbases that are constantly doing whatever they can to help with social issues, like fundraising and donating to various charities. People do what they can, I don't think it's fair to say they (generalizing fandoms) "don't care".

• Yup. 200% right. Kpop stans and their hypocrisy is next level.

CA is the same. When the group u dislike does CA it's bad and everything. When fave does same paras of defense.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• It's very true. Recently due to covid a lot of east Asians have been victim to racist attacks but you don't hear kpop bring it up much. When one of their faves gets a questionable comment about them by non fans or media there's a suddenly massive anti Asian attack going on

• Sorry, but BTS fans can't be hypocrites. We can't only be worried about racism faced by our favs because according to the kpop community BTS has never faced any racism. Every time BTS fans say that someone has written or said something racist about BTS, the kpop community tells BTS fans that we're being sensitive, that what that person wrote or said isn't racist and that fans just can't take people not liking their boy band.

So, no thank you. leave BTS and BTS fans out of your fake righteous indignation rant.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

this is painfully true :pepe-peek:

one second kpop fandoms were screaming blm and then the next they're doxxing, mass reporting and harassing blk stans for holding their faves accountable for ca and racism

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!