Would you say kpop is the most dominant music genre in your country?

• Another fellow brazilian lmao, I started to noticed it when you recommended Anitta on some other post.

But yeah, I can't agree more, specially when jmusic is taken in consideration. I think that kpop will eventually get mainstream here, a dream? Yes, but we can't just take it as a defeat, we will endure, and maybe someday kids will make fun of one another, saying "lol your mom like WG instead of SNSD".

honestly i think there's a good chance of kpop becoming mainstream here, Brazil might have a lot of flaws but we are super open minded to foreign artists. I'm not sure if you were already born but do you remember the time when arab/turkish music became A FEVER here because of O Clone? :-D there was also a time a french song called hey oh was a hit only in Brazil lmao and when Psy performed at the carnival here? Tbh BTS and BP are already played in some places, locals are even using BP music for memes. And even nugu groups had exposure and chance of being in big tv shows here like 24k and kard. My faves Monsta X having a group cover Hero on Fátima Bernardes ;( i think it's only a matter of time before it explodes here.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• honestly i think there's a good chance of kpop becoming mainstream here, Brazil might have a lot of flaws but we are super open minded to foreign artists. I'm not sure if you were already born but do you remember the time when arab/turkish music became A FEVER here because of O Clone? :-D there was also a time a french song called hey oh was a hit only in Brazil lmao and when Psy performed at the carnival here? Tbh BTS and BP are already played in some places, locals are even using BP music for memes. And even nugu groups had exposure and chance of being in big tv shows here like 24k and kard. My faves Monsta X having a group cover Hero on Fátima Bernardes ;( i think it's only a matter of time before it explodes here.

Oh, about O Clone, when it aired I was just a baby, but I knew a person that liked Tarkan because of the drama.

Yeaaah kard went on raul gil one time, lmao I still don't believe it really happened, and about kpop getting big there is some info in regards to Brazil, most notably twitter's data from 2020, which gives me hope, as our country is at 6th/7th position in the charts

• nope.

There is no such thing as dominant genre in india.

Different language songs in different States as we don't have a proper music industry.

• how do u define dominant genre in the country? 8|

radio play? if radio play then obviously local music is dominant everywhere lol

as far as foreign music here in my country western music still dominant

kpop song also played here but usually on request like bts, bp, twice thats it

other none, that is mainstream radio btw..

ppl still look down on kpop and kpop is make fun everywhere

its still niche and it will be like that kinda same like anime, manga

• Here In Atlanta I Think HipHop Is The Most Dom

But The Overall U.S idk prolly Pop Music

Note - If You Listen To County Music You Are Psycho, Psycho

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• In Indonesia. It is known but not taken seriously. Most people only know BTS and Blackpink nowadays.

Indonesians prefer ballad, USpop, Indopop, and Indie music for the past few years. On daily basis, Indonesians favor slow-to-medium tempo music rather than upbeat. Indonesians also like Western pop.

In conclusion, Kpop is known but not everyone likes it. Most of us will only listen to it if its played in public (station, mall, etc). Slow-to-medium tempo music is what public really likes. We are open to foreign music, people will listen to it but as time goes by local music will win

• Nope.

Still, most people doesn't know there is something called kpop here.

Most people only know BTS most probably from their Unicef Speech. It was on our Country's news channel on 2017.

Now Dynamite is well known & popular. Many celebrities performed it, it comes on our TV channel's on Samsung advertisements. Even on Jin's Birthday, there was news on news channels greeting him for birthday & introducing new "BTS laws" of South Korea. That's all.

• Nope. People only know BTS (though not necessarily their music) since they're popular enough to be on magazine covers . Plus Gangnam Style if they remember it.

There was actually a radio station that tweeted about possibly doing a daily hour-long Kpop program. It caused a dumbass fanwar and the radio station apologized and cancelled the whole thing and removed Kpop from their playlists.

Toxic fans will never let Kpop be successful internationally.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• It's pretty mainstream in Thailand, in the sense that you can go to a pub and you'll hear the live band singing 'How You Like That' or 'Dynamite' and the crowd will get up and dance (with the actual choreo).

But in terms of average listener, Thai music still dominates. Out of the Top 10 charting songs, maybe 2 is K-Pop (which is still pretty impressive considering it's a foreign language. I'd say that's an indicator of how mainstream it is).

• Nope, it’s definitely still a niche in the US if you look at the entire perspective of the GP. In some areas (LA, Bay Area, NY) and with some age groups (25 and under), it’s better known but the average 35-45 year old (and up) in the middle of the country or much of the south, where country and hip hop dominate, depending on where you are, has no idea or no interest in it. Even the Kpop groups that are “big” are not actually well known by the overall GP. Keep in mind that even a lot of currently popular artists are actually not that well known by the US GP - everyone knows Taylor or Beyoncé but not Billie or The Weeknd.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!