K-pop fans really think male idols are more talented than female idols

• I said what I said,,, bg in kpop can be the best in all of kpop, but gg can only be best for a gg

Just look at Itzy, people will not praise their dancing without putting gg in front. While their fellow bg mates can just be called one of the best.

Seems like many think gg are just inherently less talented :eyes:

• I understand what you're saying and I agree with it. Why can't we call female idols the best at anything without the label? They make up half the industry or so, so surely there must be someone who is better than any male idol in some area, right? Don't get me wrong by any means, male idols are talented, but so are female ones. I have no sense of talent, so I just view everyone as equally talented unless given a reason to believe otherwise. I hope that made sense. If not, feel free to ask me questions and I'll try to answer them. Have a great day/night!

• I am not the troll you think I am :pepe-sad:

never claimed that

however your observation here seems like a huge reach to me

its like saying "why do we need to have wo-man does that mean women are extras and inferior to men"

see how dumb that sounds?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• In any country female entertainers are held to a different standard to male entertainers. Female celebs literally have to go above and beyond expectations to even be validated as legitimate talents. Whereas male entertainers can just do a 1-2 step dance move and maybe sing a few good notes and they’ll praise them.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• i strongly agree with you. an unhealthy amount of stans feel the urge to put "girl group/female" in front of every praise for no good reason.

"but they're women, how should we call them then" just an idol... you don't put "male" in every sentence when talking about bts, nct or exo, why do it for bp, twice, itzy, aespa...?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Many have higher standards for women in one area and underestimate them in others.

I once made a Thread asking why so many people can’t relate/click or support GG’s…. The misogyny or internalized misogynistic answers people gave almost made me cry lol.

• While I understand the dichotomy you call out because in general, women are always held to a higher standard than men, I think it's a stretch to say that most kpop fans think gg are inherently less talented using the "GG used as a modifier" especially as you apply it to dance.

Now, most kpop fans do think GG choreos are less strenuous than a lot of BG choreos and perhaps we could start by discussing if that's actually true or not, but I think they use the GG modifier for dance more for the reason I stated previously rather than thinking they are inherently less talented.

So I do agree with your point, just not the example you gave.

• Many have higher standards for women in one area and underestimate them in others.

I once made a Thread asking why so many people can’t relate/click or support GG’s…. The misogyny or internalized misogynistic answers people gave almost made me cry lol.

exactly.

And the kpop fandom is predominantly females from conservative countries. So many of these fangirls will always hold female idols to a different standard.

They’ll overlook a girl group doing great dancing with live singing and bash them for their outfits instead. While praising boy groups who show off their abs while lipsyncing and barely dancing.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• While I understand the dichotomy you call out because in general, women are always held to a higher standard than men, I think it's a stretch to say that most kpop fans think gg are inherently less talented using the "GG used as a modifier" especially as you apply it to dance.

Now, most kpop fans do think GG choreos are less strenuous than a lot of BG choreos and perhaps we could start by discussing if that's actually true or not, but I think they say use the GG modifier for dance more for the reason I stated previously rather than thinking they are inherently less talented.\

So I do agree with your point, just not the example you gave.

I think generally boy groups will have the physical traits to be able to pull off more “strenuous” choreos, but that doesn’t mean girls are better or worse dancers than boys. Since dancing ability comprises of many different factors besides being “strenuous”.

Like BTS’ Fire choreo is physically tasking because it’s fast paced but I don’t think it is smooth at all so I wouldn’t call that type of dancing any better than DNA or Dope.

• I was going to say something quite similar to licoricebtch so I won’t repeat her points.

I think it would be sad if people genuinely believed that, but don’t necessarily think that people use the GG modifier for that reason necessarily.

What I will add is that it is certainly true that girl groups are *generally* given slightly softer concepts and aren’t often given dance routines that are as hard-hitting because they are held to different standards. They often have to flex their abilities in solo/side projects or unofficial content. Also, *generally* they are given less personal and group freedom to showcase their own opinions, talents and producing/composing abilities.

Heavy emphasis on the *generallys* there!

• I’m a he lolol :pepe-sad:

Oh and yeah girl groups will usually be given choreo and concepts that don’t show off their entire abilities. This is very apparent considering you have trainee videos of some girls dancing real hard in sweats and sneakers, but then when they debut they make them wear heels and do simple cutesy dances…. like wow what was the point of all those years of dance training….

• I think generally boy groups will have the physical traits to be able to pull off more “strenuous” choreos, but that doesn’t mean girls are better or worse dancers than boys. Since dancing ability comprises of many different factors besides being “strenuous”.

Like BTS’ Fire choreo is physically tasking because it’s fast paced but I don’t think it is smooth at all so I wouldn’t call that type of dancing any better than DNA or Dope.

My point was that I think for dancing, a lot of people use it in that manner because of the difference in choreos if they are talking about the group as a whole.

There are some individuals no matter their gender that are just inherently better dancers than others, but when they talk about GROUPS, they are saying it based on the dances they do as a group. That was my only point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!