Has any group ever maximized their potential?

• 2techs

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • BTS

None of the other acts were allowed to reach their full potential

If any of them were allowed to do so the person at the end of this paragraph would have disappeared a long time ago

• am i the only one who feels like bts can do a lot more

i could be wrong though

this

but at the same time what do people mean by maximize potential?

if they mean maximize in terms of popularity and success then sad to say almost every group has reached their potential already. BTS would be that exception since we have no idea if their success in the western markets can get bigger than it already is.

if they mean maximize in terms of musicality or work, what did they expect really? idols already work basically 24/7. mismanagement or not, so they can’t possibly do anymore than they do now. Plus it’s expected for idols to work less and release less as they get older since they don’t have to try as hard to gain notoriety.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I've heard how SNSD and EXO were mismanaged so it sounds like they didn't reach their full potential

SNSD was the top girl group for over 5 years and was one of the biggest contributor to the hallyu wave in the late 2000’s. So thinking they never reached their full potential is weird. Like what else were they suppose to achieve and do? Not like they would have done well in the western markets after they peaked in Korea and neighboring countries.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• am i the only one who feels like bts can do a lot more

i could be wrong though

Think so too.

Many thought bts' on was them having already reached their peak/full potential & starting to decline. then dynamite, their first english song, happened. I think new heights like that could be reached with a latam or big rap collab, a well made documentary on netflix, well promoted solo albums, maybe some korean variety shows,..

but at the same time what do people mean by maximize potential?

agree. it all depends on what OP means with "maximized their potential".

• Think maybe IU?

she seems to have dabbled in most aspects of the industry & made a name for herself in all of them: writing and producing her own music, acting in iconic dramas, MC'ing, going on big variety shows & making a whole country fall in love with her, having her own label, fashion gigs.. if that's what OP meant with maximizing her potential?

She would probably be even bigger if she tried for more western recognition, but that doesn't seem to be her aim.

• maximizing potential doesn't mean only popularity, maximizing potential means also the possibility of having an artistic freedom and to express yourself through the music

the only groups i can think of with maximized potential are bts and bigbang. they have/had creative control - they have the opportunity to produce, write and choreograph their own stuff, freedom to express themselves in their songs the way they want and were pushed a lot by their companies since they were the only money makers at that time... basically both big hit and yg were working only for these two groups, especially at the beginning.

no other yg, jyp or sm group have/had the same freedom - their careers are/were dependent solely on the company and the management strategy.

• maximizing potential doesn't mean only popularity, maximizing potential means also the possibility of having an artistic freedom and to express yourself through the music

the only groups i can think of with maximized potential are bts and bigbang. they have/had creative control - they have the opportunity to produce, write and choreograph their own stuff, freedom to express themselves in their songs the way they want and were pushed a lot by their companies since they were the only money makers at that time... basically both big hit and yg were working only for these two groups, especially at the beginning.

no other yg, jyp or sm group have/had the same freedom - their careers are/were dependent solely on the company and the management strategy.

I mean even if idols were given the freedom to do any of those things you listed, I highly doubt all of them would excel in it. Most may not even care to write or produce their own music.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!