I GOT MY DRIVER'S PERMIT!!

• OMG guys...after so many trial and error and failing my test too many times...I got it.

I finally got it :pepe-sad:

I got it yesterday since we didn't have school due to it being a teacher workday. So I took that opportunity to take my driver's writing test (it's called that but it's really you answer multiple-choice questions on an iPad)

and I took it and failed so many times that I was so discouraged that I wasn't going to pass and I DID :pepe-comfy:

I had to read it a few times to really let it sink in. The first time I read through it, I honestly thought it said I failed. But it said "Congratulations, you have passed your Operator's exam" and I was literally squealing in joy and I went out to my mom who was waiting for me to finish I held out the permit page they printed out to me with all my information and it was stamped and I started crying lmao.

And then we let all our family members know and I told all my friends because they knew how much I failed this test and I won't say it here because it's embarrassing honestly lol

And I've had anxiety while taking this test and I did this time but this time I read the manual like 4 times in the 3 days prior to taking to the test. And I read it the morning of and I only scrolled through it like once before lol. I also tried to bring things with me while waiting to calm me down like looking at Jihyo photocards or looking at my Taste of Love album photobook and listening and watching KPOP related videos that gave me joy. I was still pretty nervous but I took my time. I wasn't able to get my heart to stop pounding out of my chest but I was able for me to keep from shaking, clamming up, sweating, this time.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Yay!

You got through the hard part. The questions that you never think about when actually driving!!!!!

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• OMG Congrats Rainbow :froghype:

Good on you for not giving up! :dahyun3:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• congratss

i still have to finish my hours to get my license

149528-haechan-umm-gif

• Thanks! And I heard that parallel parking is especially hard too ;(

I need to learn the parts of a car lol :S

cuz I found out yesterday that I don't know how everything works lmao :cryingr:

Luckily you only have to learn parallel parking for the driver's test. Excluding when I took the test, I've only parallel parked 3 times in my life.

And I've been driving for longer than you've been alive.

• OMG Congrats Rainbow :froghype:

Good on you for not giving up! :dahyun3:

Thanks! It was hard to give up since getting my driver's license can let me be able to do SO many things that I wouldn't be able to do without it.

And plus my parents were pushing me to get it...

The last time I took this test was in October and I decided that I would take a break for the rest of the year and wait until 2022 to study and attempt it again

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Luckily you only have to learn parallel parking for the driver's test. Excluding when I took the test, I've only parallel parked 3 times in my life.

And I've been driving for longer than you've been alive.

Oh, wow! And I live in an area where I don't see many parallel parked cars. Usually only near the sidewalks in the downtown areas.

But that's a relief. I don't think I'd be pretty good at that lol

• Yay!

You got through the hard part. The questions that you never think about when actually driving!!!!!

Yay! :froghype:

It was really hard especially since I never figured out a true way to calm me down while taking the test. But I was a lot more dedicated this time.

I guess I had sort of an egotistical mindset. I'm known for not even having to study that much on the test and still getting a pretty high grade on it. So I was guessing if I only did the practice questions that this helpful website has (that you have to pay for) that that would be enough.

• OMG OMG Congrats!!! :pepe-cowboy::pepe-toast:

You had a teacher work day yesterday? Me too lol. Anyway, yesterday was a good day for me too. I got my high school recommendations.

I am starting to wonder................do we go to the same district? Or was it a nationwide teacher work day yesterday?

• Thanks! And I heard that parallel parking is especially hard too ;(

I need to learn the parts of a car lol :S

cuz I found out yesterday that I don't know how everything works lmao :cryingr:

Ya it's really hard, I just avoid it all together & find a different parking spot lol

Most cars usually have the lights handle & windshield wipers function in a similar spot

• Oh, wow! And I live in an area where I don't see many parallel parked cars. Usually only near the sidewalks in the downtown areas.

But that's a relief. I don't think I'd be pretty good at that lol

Yay! :froghype:

It was really hard especially since I never figured out a true way to calm me down while taking the test. But I was a lot more dedicated this time.

I guess I had sort of an egotistical mindset. I'm known for not even having to study that much on the test and still getting a pretty high grade on it. So I was guessing if I only did the practice questions that this helpful website has (that you have to pay for) that that would be enough.

Yeah, very few times are you in a situation that you absolutely must parallel park. There's always another option. Sometimes it means paying to park in a parking garage or parking further and walking a bit, but those are usually worth it!

At least to me.

• OMG OMG Congrats!!! :pepe-cowboy::pepe-toast:

You had a teacher work day yesterday? Me too lol. Anyway, yesterday was a good day for me too. I got my high school recommendations.

I am starting to wonder................do we go to the same district? Or was it a nationwide teacher work day yesterday?

Thanks! :pleading:

Haha yeah, I did ^^ LOL MAYBE WE ARE! That'd be pretty funny though I can't say my district for privacy reasons. I mean, it was the day after MLK Jr's birthday which is considered a national holiday and most schools don't go that day so I think that our faculties might've thought that would've been the best day to have a teacher workday after the holiday... :/

Ooh, so you're going to be a freshman next year? :cutes:

• Thanks! :pleading:

Haha yeah, I did ^^ LOL MAYBE WE ARE! That'd be pretty funny though I can't say my district for privacy reasons. I mean, it was the day after MLK Jr's birthday which is considered a national holiday and most schools don't go that day so I think that our faculties might've thought that would've been the best day to have a teacher workday after the holiday... :/

Ooh, so you're going to be a freshman next year? :cutes:

yep, I am going to high school in a little more than 6 months. I am half way down with 8th grade.

It is kind of hard to believe. Almost 2 years ago I was a little 6th grader who had moved into a new town, knew no one, BTS was a band that had most members for a boy group, Blackpink was a really good girl group name from wattpad and I was terrified of taking the Psat.

Almost a year ago when I first made an account here I was a 7th grader.

Time flies lol.

• ooooohhh

take me to a stray kids concert now bestie! You can drive!!

Bootycheek

• CON-FLIPPIN-GRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(my mom technically didn't pass her license but the proctor let it slide anyway haha)

if you pick your testing center wisely you might get landed with a forgiving proctor for a full license! GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN!!

• Thanks! It was hard to give up since getting my driver's license can let me be able to do SO many things that I wouldn't be able to do without it.

And plus my parents were pushing me to get it...

The last time I took this test was in October and I decided that I would take a break for the rest of the year and wait until 2022 to study and attempt it again

Taking a break is good sometimes. It seems to work out in your favor, and that's wonderful! :pepelove1:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Congrats on your driver's permit! It's always exciting to be able to finally drive and feel that bit of freedom or at the time feeling like you're growing up and one step closer to feeling more independent. I'm sure you'll be safe and do a great job! I did my test in an SUV i was so nervous 'cause i'm short, i failed the first time and passed the second time! I've been driving for 24 years and maybe only had 2 accidents, a few speeding tickets lol. I remember staying home from school when I first failed i was so upset and embarrassed. I am just horrible at tests.

the worst thing i hate doing is parallel parking but luckily in my 24 years of driving i maybe had to do it once?

• wait is this your actual driver's license or your learner's permit?

since different countries different driving rules

Learner's permit. I can't get my actual license without any restrictions until technically 18 but after I test for my driver's license in June, that will be my intermediate license and the biggest thing for me will be that I won't have to drive with a licensed driver over the age of 21 anymore.

• Learner's permit. I can't get my actual license without any restrictions until technically 18 but after I test for my driver's license in June, that will be my intermediate license and the biggest thing for me will be that I won't have to drive with a licensed driver over the age of 21 anymore.

so how does it work over there?

I can explain how it works in my state

firstly there is the learner's permit - to get it you must be min 16 and take a written test as well as an eye test...if you pass those then you get a learner's permit which means you can drive as long as someone with a full unrestricted license is next to you (ie. parent)

then after your learners you must have min 50 hours of supervised driving (with a min or 5 hours at night) plus undertake a Hazard Perception Test which is an electronic test done at the driving centre plus a practical driving test if and when you turn 17

once you pass all those you are on Probationary Licence (Red Ps)

then after 6 months of red Ps you "graduate" to Green Ps

then after a further 1.5 years of green Ps you can apply for an unrestricted driver's licence...

• Woah, woah, woah it's not that complicated in America.

It's a lot simpler here.

Depends on the state you reside in but you can get your restricted Learner's Permit after your 14th birthday (in some other states, it's 15). I couldn't because of COVID because I turned 14 in 2019. That is when you take a written test (which is really answering a maximum of 25 multiple choice questions and you need to get no more than 5 questions wrong). With the Learner's Permit, you have to have a licensed driver 21 years of age or older monitoring you for the first 6 months and a few other restrictions. You cannot get your intermediate license until your 16th birthday so even if you've been driving with your Learner's Permit for 6 months after passing your written test, then you have to wait until you're 16.

With your Intermediate License, you are able to drive on your state's road without a licensed driver 21+ but you have a curfew from 11 pm to 4 am without a 21+ with you, etc. No using a hands or hands-free phone except in an emergency. To obtain this, you have to pass your behind-the-wheel test and vision test. And you never have to take the written test again unless your Learner's Permit expires (this expires one year after obtaining) or you let your license expire.

A Class D license allows you to do more and it's an 18+ driver. You don't have to test for it, you just have to get it after your 18th birthday. You have almost no restrictions other than you have to follow the basic rules (of course) and not allowed to use a handheld phone but you can use a hands-free phone like if you wanted to speak on your phone speaker in a call. But when you reach 21 with a Class D license, that's when you can legally use a hand held phone if you're careful (but it's not recommended)

It's a lot of words but it seems to be simpler than yours lol (all I said is what age you have to be, the restrictions applied and how to get it)

• yeah ours is a lot more complicated because research here and probably most countries show that young people (or rather inexperienced people) are more likely to cause accidents than experienced people so they impose all sorts of rules and additional things which try to make that inexperience less so

interesting...wait you can use a phone whilst driving???? what????

• selfmate TL;DR

I currently have my Learner's Permit

Learner's Permit: 14-16, must drive with a 21+ licensed driver sitting in the front seat next to you the first 6 months (and you can get the next level after you turn 16 and reach all 6 months since obtaining your permit), all passengers must wear seatbelts, take a multiple question writing test that is only 25 and you aren't allowed to get more than 5 wrong

Intermediate License: 16-18, can drive alone, all passengers must wear seatbelts, can't use a phone for any reason except in an emergency, have a curfew of 11 pm to 4 am unless accompanied by a 21+ licensed driver take vision and driving test

Class D License: 18+, can drive alone, doesn't have a curfew, has a lot fewer restrictions, can't use a handheld phone until 21 but can use a hands-free phone (i.e. calling someone on speaker) and as long as you've had an Intermediate License (I don't think) you don't need to test

• what's with the all passengers must wear seatbelts thing??? like who doesn't???? lol except for like babies with their car carriers and stuff but don't like all people have to wear seatbelts?

• what's with the all passengers must wear seatbelts thing??? like who doesn't???? lol except for like babies with their car carriers and stuff but don't like all people have to wear seatbelts?

In my state (possibly many others), it's legal to sit in the back seats without a seatbelt if you're at least 15 years old (if you are 6 or less or weigh less than 60 pounds [about 27kg] you have to be in a child restraint)

And it is illegal no matter what the age to be driving or a front seat passenger without your seatbelt on but anyone in the back seat over 15 doesn't have to wear their safety belt but it's HIGHLY recommended.

• yeah ours is a lot more complicated because research here and probably most countries show that young people (or rather inexperienced people) are more likely to cause accidents than experienced people so they impose all sorts of rules and additional things which try to make that inexperience less so

Well, it's going to be true no matter what country you're in. But I agree, I've never seen any system like that lol

Yeah. If you're 14-20 you can't use a handheld phone while you're driving. 18+ can use a hands free phone while they're driving and 21+ can use a handheld phone while driving. My parents are very experienced drivers (been driving for about 30-35 years lol) and they do it all the time where they drive with one hand and talk on a phone call in the other and feel safe doing that. And it's not illegal since they're 46 and 50

• OMG, it's so cute how excited you are. :pleading: Congrats!

Not every state in the US. In all the states I've lived in, you are forbidden no matter what to use a handheld phone while driving. You may talk hands-free, but that's the only allowance. Where the heck do you live Rainbowlicious ??? Montana?

• tldr: USA probably the easiest country to be able to drive

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!