Somi's XOXO mv would have been so much controversial if it was done by a Male idol but since its done by a girl everyone is cool with its problematic concept

• In mv somi basically beats up and physically assaults his boyfriend because he cheated on her

Now just imagine if a male idol had done a mv with a concept of beating up and assaulting his girlfriend for cheating, everyone would had lost their mind and that male idol would be wrecked

• compare how many men beat up women vs how many women beat up men irl

agree with this

but let's not normalize girl beating men neither , especially when seeing the percentage and seeing that this type of representation in media of making acceptable situation where girls beat up men push to an increase of men victim of domestic abuse

and considering how taboo this subject is in the population when men are victim and less likely to be helped

do you know that there's more men (11%) than women (7%) in case of domestic abuse who consider to take their own life proving how bad the accompagnement they get is

so yes i agree that women are more likely to be victim of this kind of thing

but i disagree that it's a good excuse to accept this king of imagery in media when it's a women who's the perpetatror neither, because it's normalizing even more abuse against them and stigmatizing even more this subject, which end up in less and less men ready to open up about what they go through too

so yes it's not great to show this kind of image when it's a man doing this type of thing to a woman

and it's not great neither when a woman is doing this to a man

you can show a strong woman or strong man in media going through a breakup without having to picture any of them abuse their ex partner

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Am I the only one that doesnt pay attention to any concept? I didnt even know the video was about that. Never watched the full of it. If the music is good, its good music.

• I Believe this type of things should be take as a work of fiction, even if is is made by a male idol. But yes, you have a point, if this were about a male treating bad a woman some people would be angry. I feel sometimes the feminist movement romantize women, like beings who cant commint the same crimes men do, sure is possible men commint more crimes against women than women against men, but they still do. For example, some weeks ago in Argentina a child was murdered by the mother and her girlfriend. The father ask many time the custody and was denied every single time, even when there were many signs of physical abuse, but the mother was never questioned, only because she was the mother. So yeah, it sucks.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For example, some weeks ago in Argentina a child was murdered by her mother and the girlfriend of her. The father ask many time the custody and was denied every single time, even when there were many signs of physical abuse, but the mother was never questioned, only because she was the mother. So yeah, it sucks.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"and she looked good doing it" -some airhead

• Society simply don't take a woman physically assaulting a man seriously, people always lowkey think ''oh he's stronger than her so he can stop her anytime'' they kinda of see it as a child trying to intimidate an adult, i really think this is wrong but that's how it is.

• there is a reason for that

smart man who is in love knows that he can't 'snap' and for example slap woman back

because if she is a trickster then she will turn around situation and he might even go to jail for basically slapping her just once after months of abuse

so it's a trap, and things like "I just defended myself for once" didn't work in men case at all

• In mv somi basically beats up and physically assaults his boyfriend because he cheated on her

Now just imagine if a male idol had done a mv with a concept of beating up and assaulting his girlfriend for cheating, everyone would had lost their mind and that male idol would be wrecked

Yes I agree but she is also irrelevant so gets no heat. If a more relevant female idol did this they would get shit. Like Jennie.

• biggest reason for men to beat women: jealousy, exercising control over her

biggest reason for woman to beat men: defense

obviously it's the same :pepe-notes:

Are you saying women don't have the capacity to be jealous/controlling over men? I wouldn't go there if that's what you're trying to imply. At the end of the day I think any form of domestic abuse, be it a man beating a woman or a woman beating a man, should be admonished and not given excuses for...

• biggest reason for men to beat women: jealousy, exercising control over her

biggest reason for woman to beat men: defense

obviously it's the same :pepe-notes:

that's the dumbest shit ever '-'

women can be as jealous, possessive, and trying to exercise control over their partner than any men

it's not some kind of flaw that only men can have :pepefacepalm:

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• you know how to read? because apparently not

Oh my bad! I jumped the gun a bit there. But still where did you get that information from or are you just assuming that? To me it seems like you're trying to create a narrative where men primarily beat women because of jealousy/control and women primarily beat mean in self-defense. Just wondering if you have statistics for that because it seems to be an assumption created out of thin air to me.. And it also kinda toes the line of giving excuses for domestic abuse on men by women which I don't agree with.

• Oh my bad! I jumped the gun a bit there. But still where did you get that information from or are you just assuming that? To me it seems like you're trying to create a narrative where men primarily beat women because of jealousy/control and women primarily beat mean in self-defense. Just wondering if you have statistics for that because it seems to be an assumption created out of thin air to me.. And it also kinda toes the line of giving excuses for domestic abuse on men by women which I don't agree with.

Ibope/Instituto Patrícia Galvão (2004) found that 81% of respondents indicated, in multiple responses, the use of alcoholic beverages as the factor that most provoked aggression by men against women; 63%, jealousy; 37%, unemployment; 31%, money problems; 18%, family problems; 16% refused to have sex; 16%, the disobedience of the woman; 14%, difficulties at work; 13% lack of food at home; 4%, pregnancy; 3% did not mention any of these alternatives; and 1% did not respond.

https://professoraalice.jusbrasil.com.br/artigos/121813982/quais-sao-as-principais-razoes-da-violencia-domestica-contra-a-mulher-com-a-palavra-a-sociedade

• Ibope/Instituto Patrícia Galvão (2004) found that 81% of respondents indicated, in multiple responses, the use of alcoholic beverages as the factor that most provoked aggression by men against women; 63%, jealousy; 37%, unemployment; 31%, money problems; 18%, family problems; 16% refused to have sex; 16%, the disobedience of the woman; 14%, difficulties at work; 13% lack of food at home; 4%, pregnancy; 3% did not mention any of these alternatives; and 1% did not respond.

https://professoraalice.jusbra…com-a-palavra-a-sociedade

Uhhh these stats seem kinda weird lol. Jealousy and Unemployment alone add up to 100% so that means factoring in any of the other responses would make the percentage go above 100% which makes no sense in terms of statistics. I can't read Portuguese, so I can't read what the article is saying and I'm not sure if you improperly translated the article or if that's really what it says.. If that's really what it says, then it seems completely unreliable to me as a source because they already got the statistics wrong from the start. Also you didn't include any statistics about the primary reason for women beating men being self-defense either. That's pretty important too if you wanna say what you said earlier...

• Uhhh these stats seem kinda weird lol. Jealousy and Unemployment alone add up to 100% so that means factoring in any of the other responses would make the percentage go above 100% which makes no sense in terms of statistics. I can't read Portuguese, so I can't read what the article is saying and I'm not sure if you improperly translated the article or if that's really what it says.. If that's really what it says, then it seems completely unreliable to me as a source because they already got the statistics wrong from the start. Also you didn't include any statistics about the primary reason for women beating men being self-defense either. That's pretty important too if you wanna say what you said earlier...

It must be because it's a multiple choice search. :pepestare:

• i mean she also breaks into his house, destroys everything, wrecks his car, causes an explosion so he gets into an accident and sets his house? on fire and i think steals his dog??? so it's not like anyone is going to look at the mv and say "ah yes this is how i should act if my partner cheats on me"

unless they're psychopaths then honestly they'd do it regardless of a kpop mv

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• First of all, when it comes to physical abuse, a lot of men don't come forward because of feelings of shame. It's not that it's happening less, it's that it's reported significantly less. Even if it did happen less, that doesn't mean that double standards are okay. OP has a point.

If he says his gf beat him most people reaction is kinda like ''lol you let a woman beat you up, you're such a weakling hahaha''

• Just watch this and be quiet

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Society simply don't take a woman physically assaulting a man seriously, people always lowkey think ''oh he's stronger than her so he can stop her anytime'' they kinda of see it as a child trying to intimidate an adult, i really think this is wrong but that's how it is.

Usually man are the one who mock other man for getting abused so the one to blame are man and the patriarchy

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!