Lee Jin-ho reveals an "unruly member" who sent a letter to Yang Hyun Suk was the reason for 2NE1's disbandment

• YouTuber Lee Jin-ho is drawing attention with his claims regarding 2NE1's disbandment.

On the 17th, Lee Jin-ho uploaded a video on his channel titled, "You found out from reading an article? The truth about 2NE1's disbandment."

In the video, Lee Jin-ho revisited 2016 and re-examined the process behind 2NE1's disbandment and revealed, "In May 2016, Minzy had a lot of conflict with YG Entertainment while renewing her contract and eventually left 2NE1. But it wasn't just that, there was something else."

"There was a deep emotional rift between the two sides. YG was re-organizing 2NE1 as a 3-member group after Minzy left. I was able to confirm that they had actually prepared an album, but it wasn't a smooth process. One member was very problematic during the album preparation process."

He continued, "According to officials, YG had a lot of trouble controlling this one member at the time. The "unruly" member even sent a memorandum (letter) to Yang Hyun Suk claiming "she'd maintain focus during promotions" however that promise was not kept."

"From Yang Hyun Suk's point of view, 2NE1's comeback was a matter of pride. He wanted to show that the group was still alive even after Minzy's departure. It was during this time that Blackpink's debut popularity accelerated rapidly.

"YG's announcement of the disbandment was too one-sided. The fact that even leader CL wasn't aware is proof that the members opinions were not respected in the decision making process."

Meanwhile, on the 16th, CL revealed in an interview with AP Entertainment that "just like Minzy, she found out about 2NE1's disbandment through media reports."

• "YG's announcement of the disbandment was too one-sided. The fact that even leader CL wasn't aware is proof that the members opinions were not respected in the decision making process."

that's very kpoppy thing for this youtuber to say

because let's say that Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba, Lewandowski or someone else would have 7 year long contrat

then if club doesn't want to renew but player would like to, he still doesn't have anything to say,

this is how world works...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the language and condescending tone rub me the wrong way. it sound like they treat their artist like their children - only with the authority but not the love.

to me that sound more problematic than whatever they trying to implies

• Based off the way 2NE1 all still love each other and see each other occasionally, I don’t think it was one single member that ruined things for the group. Even though the quote tries to imply it was one specific member who didn’t comply, maybe what the company wanted was outrageous.

• Yes definitely unruly such unruly-ness they hate each other so much unruuuuuuuleeee

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I mean I wouldn't blame all them for being "unruly" when he openly called his own group ugly and stuff and screwed them over individually (blocking CL in America, Minzy having no activities and leaving Bom out to dry during her scandal and iirc blaming her for it).

• Yes definitely unruly such unruly-ness they hate each other so much unruuuuuuuleeee

Could you read? It was clearly said the member was unruly to Yang Hyunsuk, not to other members.

If a single letter from an employee to her boss was enough to make him disband a successful and profitable group, then he's childish af.

You have a serious problem in reading comprehension.

"2NE1's comeback was a matter of pride"

"However, that promise was not kept."

"It was during this time that Blackpink's debut popularity accelerated rapidly."

Just release the recorded tracks tbh

Perhaps, been reused by BP.

• Sounds very YGE to me

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!