Do you think Yeji would have suited being a solo better than being in a group?

• haj1ma

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you think Yeji would have suited being a solo than being in a group?” to “Do you think Yeji would have suited being a solo better than being in a group?”.
  • No...some idols are shining when they are in groups but there is a reason why there is only one (or two members who go solo) I can’t see her as a soloist sorry.

Based on what do you not see her as a successful solo!! She lack absolutely nothing.

• I don't think it would have worked debuting her solo without ITZY, and JYP probably would have ended up putting her in a duo/group eventually like they did 15& and JJ Project.

There's a reason why most solo careers launch from successful groups. The only soloists that are successful otherwise are ones who write their own material or have extremely strong vocals or sing ballads.

You don't see a lot of BoAs these days unless they were in a group and built their name first.

I do think Yeji could have a successful solo career though or as a duo with Ryujin.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• so you think people wouldn't check her out because she doesn't write her shit!! That's not a strong excuse tbh... you Don't need to write your own shit, as long as she land good tracks nobody would care. Most of these solos debuting are whack who work with weak producers, that's why they flop. Yeji is special.

• so you think people wouldn't check her out because she doesn't write her shit!! That's not a strong excuse tbh... you Don't need to write your own shit, as long as she land good tracks nobody would care. Most of these solos debuting are whack that's why they flop. Yeji is special.

That's not what I said lol.

I just explained the pattern of successful soloists in Korea. People would have checked her out because she came from JYPE, but I don't think she would have hit Dalla Dalla level. Just my opinion. Look at how long it took Somi to get a hit as a soloist, and she had bigger name recognition and YG backing her.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• That's not what I said lol.

I just explained the pattern of successful soloists in Korea. People would have checked her out because she came from JYPE, but I don't think she would have hit Dalla Dalla level. Just my opinion. Look at how long it took Somi to get a hit as a soloist, and she had bigger name recognition and YG backing her.

Well yeah I agree with you with that. Let's pray Itzy will get bigger for Yeji to be able to launch a successful solo career.

• I think Yeji could survive as a soloist but I also think she’s very good in ITZY. Hopefully she does get a solo at some point but I think being apart of ITZY will really help with that.

One of my main gripes with ITZy is how much JYPe clearly favors Ryujin. Don’t get me wrong, there’s not a single ITZy member I dislike and I love Ryujin’s charms. I’m not one of those people that thinks she makes a terrible center or shouldn’t be the center of the group, I think she fills her role greatly.

The problem is she’s centered too often for me. Even when they do cutesy concepts they’ll center her for majority of the cover/song when ryujin doesn’t fit those concepts at all. Does she do well? Yes extremely, but Chaeryoung is so good at feminine dance and Yuna and Lia really excel at cute concepts.

I just wish JYPe would distribute center time more evenly. She’s the center so I don’t mind her having majority of center time, I just think they could give the others more. Yeji is the leader and deserves to shine more! The MAMA performance was super good but ngl at parts it felt like the Ryujin show. But sometimes Chae and Lia are seriously sidelined. Yuna is amazing too/ Honestly feels like they don’t utilize each member’s strength fully.

• Lol, it's funny you say that because when Dalla Dalla and ICY came out, people were saying JYPE treated Yeji and Yuna like the centers.

• Lol, it's funny you say that because when Dalla Dalla and ICY came out, people were saying JYPE treated Yeji and Yuna like the centers.

Yes I remember that. Then people were saying Ryujin made a HORRIBLE center and didn’t deserve center time at all.

She’s the center, it’s where she should be. I just think it could be more balanced

• I hate threads like this. This is just gonna turn upside down. Yeji is perfect in itzy and when she’s ready for a solo , she will do it. How the hell is itzy pulling her down?wtf is this thread?

She had better cheographies and vocals when she was still a trainee. Being in ITZY is holding her from her full potential. Little lines and camera time. I need more from her. I am a Yeji solo stan.

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• She had better cheographies and vocals when she was still a trainee. Being in ITZY is holding her from her full potential. Little lines and camera time. I need more from her. I am a Yeji solo stan I don't care about the other girls.

Are you even a Yeji fan? Yeji vocals has improved seriously compared to her trainee period, little lines? But then again you are a solo stan. I have nothing to say to you.

Y

RESIDENT YUNA'S WIFE
    img.gif

APHRODITE OF KPOP: MISS SHIN YUNA

• I’m going to put out a hard take

Just because someone shines in their group doesn’t translate to them shining on their own, only very few cases were successful, like gd and hyuna and taeyeon. The rest were not successful despite people thinking they were the stars of the group.

Solo is a different ball game entirely . You need a hit song rather than skills to become a success story.

Yeji has been given a lot of opportunities to shine in itzy , people might argue that she’s the most showcased member by the company saying itzy is bringing her down is a very rude thing to say and way of insulting the other girls of the group . You are not a solo stan but an akgae

Just because someone shines in their group doesn’t translate to them shining on their own, only very few cases were successful, like gd and hyuna and taeyeon. The rest were not successful despite people thinking they were the stars of the group.

Solo is a different ball game entirely . You need a hit song rather than skills to become a success story.

Yeji has been given a lot of opportunities to shine in itzy , people might argue that she’s the most showcased member by the company saying itzy is bringing her down is a very rude thing to say and way of insulting the other girls of the group . You are not a solo stan but an akgae

I think she could make it solo but only WITH her popularity from ITZY. Even then to make it as a solo artist, you have to bring something to the table. Even solo artists who don’t write or produce have a hand in picking out their music, deciding on their concepts etc. You have to have a good ear for music. It’s why Rihanna was so successful. No she doesn’t write or produce, hell she barely dances! But Rihanna could listen to a demo and know “that’s a hit” and record the song for herself. (And yes I’m aware Rih was backed by her label but at one point they wanted to drop her)

• Based on what do you not see her as a successful solo!! She lack absolutely nothing.

Yeji is extremely talented as an idol but as a soloist not so sure. She got the charisma and the dancing but tbh she isn’t the best vocalist she doesn’t need to be a powerhouse but she is lacking in some area if she releases her solo one day it would showcase her weakness.

I don’t her want to have a Somi situation (even if she improved so much) where people will drag her to hell. The best singers usually have a solo.

• I think she could make it solo but only WITH her popularity from ITZY. Even then to make it as a solo artist, you have to bring something to the table. Even solo artists who don’t write or produce have a hand in picking out their music, deciding on their concepts etc. You have to have a good ear for music. It’s why Rihanna was so successful. No she doesn’t write or produce, hell she barely dances! But Rihanna could listen to a demo and know “that’s a hit” and record the song for herself. (And yes I’m aware Rih was backed by her label but at one point they wanted to drop her)

You understand what I’m saying g, people in Kpop think once you an all rounder, you are a solo artist material when it’s more about the song choice. The person is also claiming Yeji would have Ben bigger if she didn’t come from itzy which is not true rather itzy is the platform that can give Yeji a solo career

• I blocked this user so it's a miracle I even found this thread. No, I don't think Yeji should have debuted as a soloist right off the start because she would prolly not achieve her current level of fame without Itzy.

Do I think she's talented enough to be a soloist? Of course. She'll do amazing because from what I've seen Yeji biases are the most loyal, in love with her. Her AOTM for example is still pulling amazing numbers, we didn't see this kind of dedication from the fandom for Chae.

I didn't say Itzy is bringing her down, I said Itzy is holding her from her full potential. Akgae someone who trash the other members and stan 1 member. When did I trash the other members. You are just being sensitive for no reason. learn the definition first then comeback to discuss with me.

• Yeji is extremely talented as an idol but as a soloist not so sure. She got the charisma and the dancing but tbh she isn’t the best vocalist she doesn’t need to be a powerhouse but she is lacking in some area if she releases her solo one day it would showcase her weakness.

I don’t her want to have a Somi situation (even if she improved so much) where people will drag her to hell. The best singers usually have a solo.

Tbqh I don't see Yeji lacking anything. Sometimes she's too tired and we'll see that affect her performance, that's the only thing I noticed. No hate to Somi but Yeji is much more charismatic imo

This is true, but I think 3rd gen groups are seeing a better success rate as far as solos are concerned in comparison to 2nd gen.

I'm talking about the BIG groups though. Like Mamamoo who had more than one member chart well as a soloist, Red Velvet where both Joy and Wendy did well (even though Joy's solo did much better and not sure how SeulRene's Monster did), and Jennie and Rosie both did well with solos digitally while Lisa dominated physically. Wish Twice had debuted someone closer to their peak as well so we could get a better idea of this too.

Then there is also EXO who has Baekhyun and Chen both have successful solos digitally in Korea. Those were some of the biggest groups of the generation though. Not sure if ITZY's trajectory will match that to produce numerous successful solos as well.

• I blocked this user so it's a miracle I even found this thread. No, I don't think Yeji should have debuted as a soloist right off the start because she would prolly not achieve her current level of fame without Itzy.

Do I think she's talented enough to be a soloist? Of course. She'll do amazing because from what I've seen Yeji biases are the most loyal, in love with her. Her AOTM for example is still pulling amazing numbers, we didn't see this kind of dedication from the fandom for Chae.

¬‿¬

• Her AOTM for example is still pulling amazing numbers, we didn't see this kind of dedication from the fandom for Chae.

I think you're wrong on this point, since Yeji AOTM all the artists who participated AOTM after we can see views that increased compared to those who came before Yeji.

Yeji AOTM was streamed by Midzy Fandom like Ryujin & Chaeryeong and it's true to say Chaeryeong as less fans than Yeji & Ryujin, but Yeji artist of the month as been streamed also by others fandom this video has gone viral on the international scene the hype around AOTM videos has since increased.

• I think you're wrong on this point, since Yeji AOTM all the artists who participated AOTM after we can see views that increased compared to those who came before Yeji.

Yeji AOTM was streamed by Midzy Fandom like Ryujin & Chaeryeong and it's true to say Chaeryeong as less fans than Yeji & Ryujin, but Yeji artist of the month as been streamed also by others fandom this video has gone viral on the international scene the hype around AOTM videos has since increased.

Yes, we can't know that for sure.

• You pulled this shit from your ass lmao. Yeji is worldwide the second most famous member in Itzy... Her photocards aren't among the pricier ones because no one likes her :pepe-cringe:

You want collect Ryujin or Yeji? U better be ready to drop some moneyyy

Ryujin & Yuna be leading Kr tho.

It’s not hard to be one of the most popular when 2 out of 5 members of your group have the stage presence of a cardboard box. Like you legit just said, she’s second at best, she can’t even beat out the only other two who look like they give a single shit about performing.

• It’s not hard to be one of the most popular when 2 out of 5 members of your group have the stage presence of a cardboard box. Like you legit just said, she’s second at best, she can’t even beat out the only other two who look like they give a single shit about performing.

The more you speak the more it stinks yikes. Itzy's stage presence is like the one of a cardboard box... please :clown: Go take your meds or something.

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!