[Naver] What is the plot?... 'Snowdrop' broadcast cancellation petition reaches 100K in one day ft. other Korean communities reactions

• [naver] WHAT IS THE PLOT?... 'SNOWDROP' BROADCAST CANCELLATION PETITION REACHES 100K IN ONE DAY ft. OTHER KOREAN COMMUNITIES REACTIONS + PANNCHOA REACTIONS + PANN

[naver] WHAT IS THE PLOT?... 'SNOWDROP' CANCELLATION PETITION REACHES 100K IN ONE DAY

image.png

image.png

(article summarizes plot points where history was distorted, these were discussed in yesterday's dump post)

image.png

original post: here

1. [+3,437, -281]
    We acted way faster than towards Joseon Exorcist this time, let's hope this gets cancelled faster too

2. [+2,387, -157]
    No matter how much creative freedom you put into a work, you can't distort history..

3. [+1,731, -164]
    Freedom of expression? What you're doing is distorting what the people who fought for your freedom of expression went through!!??????? You call this freedom of expression??? Please think before talking!!!!!!

4. [+856, -33]
    Weren't people already swearing at this drama when Joseon Exorcist's scandal broke? People were talking about how that BlackPink singer is the female lead and that the international fans won't give any f*ck about anything and blindly love everything

5. [+678, -34]
    Just reading comments here should be enough arguments as to why this drama should've never been broadcasted.

[theqoo] COMMUNITIES REACTIONS TO SNOWDROP

t/n: we will only translate a few of each screenshot since they all share similar opinion

image.png
    - A drama that distorts history'
    - The content is seriously severe... They even mentioned the case where president Kim Dae Jung was bitten as a spy. Is this r*tarded writer's brain completely empty? Did they receive an order from the radioactive monkeys to broadcast this... They're insane

image.png
    image.png

- Movie that beautified Nazi the same way Snowdrop is doing it
    - Hansplus suspended support for Snowdrop (t/n: we will make a separate post about the sponsors situation)
    - I watched Snowdrop and I feel disgusted

- Added list of Snowdrop's advertisers and production support companies to boycott
    - Snowdrop's drama is totally a national burden
    - Snowdrop cancellation petition

From Bobaedream.kr
    --------------------------------------------

image.png
    t/n: some articles have the same title in every community, what usually happens is that Knets will usually take an article from 1 community, and paste the exact same thing on other community to spread the awareness or check for their reactions. It happens all the time. ex) someone from PANN taking a screenshot from a post from theqoo, etc.

- I didn't know that Snowdrop's distortion of history would be this huge of a mess..
    - Ganisong's apology regarding supporting Snowdrop
    - Is there a list of sponsors for Snowdrop?

From ppompu.kr
    -----------------------------------------

image.png
    - Behind Snowdrop's true identity is YG again...
    - The hidden agenda behind Snowdrop
    - Request for Teazen to stop sponsoring Snowdrop
    - Busan Ilbo 'Distortion of history controversy' Snowdrop, broadcast cancellation petition surpassed 130K
    - Companies that stopped sponsoring Snowdrop

image.png

"Snowdrop's petition surpassed 151,082 signatures in one day"
    - Ohㅋㅋㅋ It was so funny it made me log inㅋㅋ
    - The most legendary of legendary
    - I just signed it!
    - I signed it
    - They touched what they should've never touched..
    - I just signed it

From clien.net
    ----------------------------------------------------------

image.png
    - JTBC's lost their minds once again...
    - It wasn't even fun and they're losing money because the Chinese investors are the ones getting it. The Chinese investors are receiving all the money, that's why [dramas] are getting boring... JTBC sucks nowadays..
    - Sung Sikyung is shielding the drama because he sang their OST..

- What really shocks me is that a considerable amount of actors + staff from the movie <1987>. [talking about who are overlapping].
    - The bugs are already going around refuting distortion

From humoruniv.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

image.png
    - I can't believe such a trashy drama got shot. Who will even buy to watch it?
    - JoongAngIlbo received money from China to make this drama
    - The petition is up, please sign it.
    - They were persistent in claiming that they didn't twist anything but this is straight up a drama made from the North East Project.
    And Disney+ who bought this drama should also be boycotted
    - It's a new kind of ability to be able to validate arts and culture through imagination

From 83cook.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------

image.png
    - [foreign] Media that supports Snowdrop
    - Why are people shielding Snowdrop's actors...?
    - There's nothing to shield about Snowdrop's actors
    - "Distortion of the pro-democratic movement"... 'Snowdrop', broadcast cancellation petition surpassed 130K
    - Summary of issues with Snodrop
    - Afterthoughts from Snowdrop's ep.1. I have a lot to say

From bbs.ruliweb.com
    ------------------------------------------------------

They're no different from the reactions on Theqoo. None of them.
    Ilbe, are the same as usual (t/n: meaning they loved Snowdrop)
    FmKorea, there's a portion of them that thinks the show is r*tarded (t/n: FmKorea is the equivalent of Ilbe, similar to DC Gallery)
    DC Gallery, they have a fanpage for Snowdrop, they act like a fansite

1. It's still a relief that the majority of communities are rational

2. Ilbe, FmKorea and DCㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The hopeless brothers

3. Ilbe, FmKorea bugs as expectedㅋㅋㅋ They're freaking f*ckers

4. Thanks to the communities making it an issue, the muggles are onto it too nowㅋㅋ

5. An ilbe dramaㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. Ilbe, FmKorea and DCㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They're too obvious

7. Ilbe = FmKorea = LmbPark, don't forget LmbPark

8. What a relief. I have hope in humanity again

9. On Twitter too (t/n: talking about Korean Twitter)

10. Ilbe = FmKorea = DC, the unbreakable ruleㅋㅋㅋㅋ

• [theqoo] A FRACTION OF FOREIGNERS' REACTIONS TO KOREANS' ANGER TOWARDS SNOWDROP

Just in case, I hid the celebrity and the fandom's names

image.png

1. Will they feel good if they got their own country's history distorted?

2. They are the kids who like k-pop also cursing at Korea at the same time? Then why do they like k-pop???

3. If those i-roaches know nothing about others' country, just shut up and stay still. If you know f*ck all, don't interfere

4. Everywhere you go, people with common sense just save their words and don't want to waste their time engaging in useless fights with trolls. So in the end, trolls and stupid people become the loudest. It's not that they are the ones who won

5. I'm happy that a part of them have common sense

6. Back then, there was a comment saying how they saw that people were fans of k-pop and k-drama while also hating Korea... seems like it was true... I guess that it's true if even the natives are saying so.... seriously, I don't understand them. I hope that they just fangirl on their own country's content and leave Korea alone

7. I-roaches are seriously disgusting... I understand why we see them as insects now..

8. I-roaches are hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋ they like Korean culture and Korean kids but are also busy hating on Korea due to their inferiority complex

9. TheQoo is famous ㅋㅋㅋ

10. I don't know if the Indonesians are gonna translate this comment but the director of 'The Act of Killing' released the Indonesian full version on YT. The Indonesian version is called 'JAGAL'

11. 2%...? That makes us 1 millionㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

12. ~Theqoo town~ (t/n: comment in English)

13. TheQoo metropolitan ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

14. Who said TheQoo metropolitan?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

15. The one who started influencing international fandoms and created those tendencies is Allkpop. From translating articles to straight up fabricating them and introducing scandals in Korea intentionally and now they even translate Netizens' comments.. They do this to paint Korea in a bad light and get us sworn at and they always compare us with Japan because they can use Japan to earn money. They're not normal. Because of them, other foreign websites were made to bash Korea.

[theqoo] IT'S BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THEM THAT SNOWDROP IS NOT IT

image.png

image.png

image.png

The original tweet is here: https://twitter.com/s_keeffe/status/1472438502063226884

(T/N: the tweets have now been deleted)

1.That's a crazy f*cker....

2. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ please try to write more bullsh*t like this. It's people like them that exposes just how f*cked up this drama really isㅇㅇ

3. Are they a spy?ㅋㅋㅋ This f*cked up drama is making all these f*ckers appear

4. What they are saying is so ridiculous that I can't even be mad..

5. That's why democracy is so good. This kind of f*cker can even share their own opinion in their little corner

6. An ilbe who's good at English🤮

7. F*ck they are crazy, why are they doing that? I reported it

image.png

(You're bullsh*tting..)

8. Look at them bullsh*tting with the "Hi I'm Korean"ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. Look at that level of IQ

10. I can now see the level of BLACKPINK fans

[enter-talk] I'M TURNED OFF BY ALL OF BLACKPINK

First of all, I'm putting Jisoo who received the script and acted in the drama personally aside. I'm so turned off by the other 3 who promoted the drama on their Insta too.... They know their influence so is this really the right thing to do?

post response:

[+619][-80]

1. [+235, -5]

Why are people shielding them at the bottom? The fact that they knew their influence and still shared it on their Insta story is enough to be turned off...?

2. [+200, -3]

But couldn't YG or Jisoo expect that appearing in a drama that distorts history will end up getting such reactions? Rather than saying that they did nothing wrong, they must have wanted to be part of it themselves

3. [+175, -2]

I'm curious as to why YG would participate in this.. They are hiding their artists because of how lazy and unbothered they are but are supporting this kind of thing?ㅋ Were BLACKPINK's lives threatened to be doing this? To be honest, I was annoyed seeing my bias' support post.

4. [+70, -2]

BLACKPINK's influence is way to big to say that this drama will just be viewed as a "drama". What's worse is that foreign fans are shielding the history distortion. Trying to distort history is not right

5. [+67, -2]

I f*cking hate this Seriously, this is the proof of their empty brains

[theqoo] BLACKPINK FANS SAYING THAT SNOWDROP IS FINE BECAUSE THE BLUE HOUSE "OFFICIALLY APPROVED" IT

image.png

(What they are saying)

The foreign fans are shielding this drama using the logic that "Blue House approved it" so the drama is fine. No but which drama even need an "official approval"? (T/N: saying that the fact that this drama needed an approval makes it abnormal)

These empty brained fans are just repeating the same thing while going around saying "our ** has done nothing wrong"

image.png

"No!!!"

1. What BS is this?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

3. Foreign fans, get out

4. Are they crazy? We are not even a communist country

5. If these I-roaches don't know anything, they should just stay still

6. So Korea has now turned into China?

7. The proof of their empty brainsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. In what world are they living in?ㅋㅋ

9. Where are these people from?

10. Don't act carelessly if you know nothing about others' history

• So what's going on really , I'm confused 😕

Seeing this now I think why jtbc even decided to make it if it was such a thing

Weird but Blue house really accepted it ??

I haven't watched it yet

I hope it won't affect jisoo(((

• 15. The one who started influencing international fandoms and created those tendencies is Allkpop. From translating articles to straight up fabricating them and introducing scandals in Korea intentionally and now they even translate Netizens' comments.. They do this to paint Korea in a bad light and get us sworn at and they always compare us with Japan because they can use Japan to earn money. They're not normal. Because of them, other foreign websites were made to bash Korea.

I know the kpop websites are very clickbait but aren't them confusing allkpop with netizenbuzz? Anyway if you want to check veracity of kpop news you need to have at least 5 sources and be fluent and english and know hangul to try to get the full picture :p And this japan comparision doesn't happen at all, I think they do with the US tho

• For the millionth time, the Blue House didn't accept the drama, they just said they wouldn't be able to cancel it before it airs for the sake of democracy and freedom of speech. However once it airs, they mentioned that they'll take a call on whether or not in can stay on air.

JTBC are actually pro-right wing so it isn't a stretch to say that they created this drama to further their own propaganda.

• So is Disney+ the international distributor? Honestly I thought they were going to go the safer route and just go straight up streaming service with it. It's usually easier for something controversial to blend in there because so much happens every week.

• i don't understand why they don't just cancel this drama quickly

they cancelled Joseon exorcist faster, i didn't see getting as much bad review than snowdrop

is there something behind the scene happening that we don't see ? to let this situation drag so much without making any statement ?

Yup I guess there's more behind the scenes we don't see

• I'm so sad for Jisoo as a Blink. I don't get the problematic here. Fiction is fiction and the producer made no secret out of it.

When it's a problem for Koreans I'm okay when they cancel it, but that doesn't mean I understand it.

Never ever would I see this kind of drama in my country about a movie or series which is clearly labeled a fiction. Maybe these are cultural differences but I can't understand it, I'm sorry.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• 15. The one who started influencing international fandoms and created those tendencies is Allkpop. From translating articles to straight up fabricating them and introducing scandals in Korea intentionally and now they even translate Netizens' comments.. They do this to paint Korea in a bad light and get us sworn at and they always compare us with Japan because they can use Japan to earn money. They're not normal. Because of them, other foreign websites were made to bash Korea.

They know about allkpop :pepepizza::cryingr:

• i don't understand why they don't just cancel this drama quickly

they cancelled Joseon exorcist faster, i didn't see getting as much bad review than snowdrop

is there something behind the scene happening that we don't see ? to let this situation drag so much without making any statement ?

The decision to cancel Joseon Exorcist was made by the broadcaster. SBS canceled it, not the production company. JTBC seems to have doubled down on Snowdrop.

• I know the kpop websites are very clickbait but aren't them confusing allkpop with netizenbuzz? Anyway if you want to check veracity of kpop news you need to have at least 5 sources and be fluent and english and know hangul to try to get the full picture :p And this japan comparision doesn't happen at all, I think they do with the US tho

You saw it too!!!! KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

• I'm so sad for Jisoo as a Blink. I don't get the problematic here. Fiction is fiction and the producer made no secret out of it.

When it's a problem for Koreans I'm okay when they cancel it, but that doesn't mean I understand it.

Never ever would I see this kind of drama in my country about a movie or series which is clearly labeled a fiction. Maybe these are cultural differences but I can't understand it, I'm sorry.

From what I understand the series touches on sensitive historical topics for Koreans. I just hope they don't attack Jisoo, she has nothing to do with it if the script is like that, she just an actress in the drama :peperain:

OK let me explain then it is problematic in the same way if a movie or drama show some love story between hitler and jewish woman and romanticized the whole situation.

or a movie about how BLM protestors were actually misled by some other country's intelligence agency to cause riots in America. HOW would you feel?

Koreans are mad because they have lived through those events which are being distorted by a drama.

This, I was about to say this.

Fiction is fiction. More than that, for me, fiction has no limits, boundaries or frontiers. But if korean people cancel it we can't do much thing than accept it. ?( I also can't understand, I think it's a really narrow minded mindset.

• OK let me explain then it is problematic in the same way if a movie or drama show some love story between hitler and jewish woman and romanticized the whole situation.

or a movie about how BLM protestors were actually misled by some other country's intelligence agency to cause riots in America. HOW would you feel?

Koreans are mad because they have lived through those events which are being distorted by a drama.

That are good points but even then I don't think people in my country (which is by the way Germany) would start a petition or be angry at the producer. I remember a scene from the movie Schindler's List where a German officer fell in love with a Jewish woman. The Jewess herself, who survived thank God, says that it was made up. She said it was fiction, the producer said it was fiction and everyone was okay. I don't recall there being any loud voices against it here or anywhere else. That's why I say it's probably a cultural thing.

But the way I understand the problems korean have with the drama I think the comparison a little bit too strong.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• This, I was about to say this.

Fiction is fiction. More than that, for me, fiction has no limits, boundaries or frontiers. But if korean people cancel it we can't do much thing than accept it. ?( I also can't understand, I think it's a really narrow minded mindset.

I see but it’s like fiction but if they present themselves as fiction you know? If they’re portraying real life events with such a sensitive topic you have to be cautious and not expect people will let you do anything you want.

Still I think the fault is definitely over the producers and not the actors, jisoo is getting attention the most due to fans being protective of her :/ not fair tho

• For the millionth time, the Blue House didn't accept the drama, they just said they wouldn't be able to cancel it before it airs for the sake of democracy and freedom of speech. However once it airs, they mentioned that they'll take a call on whether or not in can stay on air.

JTBC are actually pro-right wing so it isn't a stretch to say that they created this drama to further their own propaganda.

really? wtf

• It won’t be cancelled because of this petition, it will most likely be cancelled because sponsors are pulling out.

actually the completed filming so the episodes will probably be realsed regardless....i think.

• I seriously can't believe after all the Joseon Exorcists and Mr. Queen backlash they didn't make any edits to this drama. Concerns about this drama have been circulating since summer. Even if most of the drama was already shot, they knew it was going to be an issue months in advance. This drama will leave a big stain on the actors, director, and writers career

• I seriously can't believe after all the Joseon Exorcists and Mr. Queen backlash they didn't make any edits to this drama. Concerns about this drama have been circulating since summer. Even if most of the drama was already shot, they knew it was going to be an issue months in advance. This drama will leave a big stain on the actors, director, and writers career

But they did make edits...they changed the name of Jisoo's character from Young Cho to Young Ro

• This thread contains 91 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!