So V is the most popular BTS member worldwide?

• Good question. I thought JungKook would be the most followed, but some army told me that since the beginning V was the most popular on insta so i think this is a surprise for us, non fans, but fans already knew that.

And to measure BTS individual success just insta is impossible. They seem super close in therms of popularity.

• I feel like JK is more popular in the states, Jimin is more popular in Korea, but V is the most popular overall.

I think Jimin could be most popular in the US too. If people know only one member, it's usually Jimin. He's the first person folks in the US seem to notice.

• You have to remember Instagram isn't a good indication of who popular. A lot of adults myself included don't have it. Also, some people have Mutiple accounts so it's hard to say organically who the most popular.

• i don't really care about followers and likes but people on insta are into aesthetics and v's face is aesthetics itself lol. not everyone who follows lisa listens to black pink, not everyone who follows v listen to bts etc, etc

• I think Jimin could be most popular in the US too. If people know only one member, it's usually Jimin. He's the first person folks in the US seem to notice.

Ehh i still think Taehyung and jungkook have Jimin beat anywhere in the world but Korea but who knows.

The only popularity Im 100 certain on is Jimin being the most popular in Korea anyone who denies that is straight up delusional.

And Taehyung being the most popular in Japan and China.

By the way Instagram followers don’t tell us the full story. Taehyung is the most followed due to him generally being known as the best looking.( it also explains his fancams being the highest)

But jungkook for example has better charting songs and is the most searched up idol.

The only way we will know who is the most popular is when they all release their solos.

• I think Jimin is the most popular in Korea while Taehyung is the most popular member all around asia ( Japan China, south east Asia, west Asia etc)

While Jungkook rules the west

this is really true, Jimin is the most popular in korea, Tae is the most popular in asian countries minus korea, JK is the most popular in the US and europe (i think south america too?)

• JK and Tae are so close in overall global popularity, i even feel like they switch in the #1 and #2 all the time.

until they release official solo albums we can't know this, we can only guess.

yes, maknae line is the most popular but i'm really proud that the rest aren't that far behind. ot7 indeed.

• I feel like not everyone who likes Tae is because of BTS. He is known throughout Asia as one of the most doll/anime like idols. For example, I don't like Astro but I do follow Eunwoo on Insta since I like his aesthetic. I think tae is the most popular world wide but a lot of those fans like him/follow him for his face. If you think whose solo will be the most successful I think tae and jk would tie and jimin would be a close third. JK is the most popular member in the west and tae is the most popular in SEA (apart from korea which is jm).

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

• Tae=JK > Jimin

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Not sure about gp but in fandom most probably is Jk and follow by V.

Fandom wise

West

1. Jk

2. V/Jm

Japan/China

1. V

2. Jk

Not sure about korea. Jm may lead in gp but in fandom he is losing to Jk in terms of alot fandom key indicator ie PC price, number of homma etc

• v's face does all the talking needed. plus his insta is aesthetic as hell. ppl on insta really like that type of profile.

• until they release official solo albums we can't know this, we can only guess.

yes, maknae line is the most popular but i'm really proud that the rest aren't that far behind. ot7 indeed.

yup all are extremely close in popularity! During concerts here in the US, the response the rap-line gets is absolutely INSANE. For the concert I went to, I felt like I went temporarily deaf from the high-pitched screams every time Yoongi, Namjoon, or Hobi popped up on the screen! Ppl who went to the LA concerts said the same too.

• V is the most visually appealing member so that's why he's the most followed, out of all 7 members people would rather see V face the most

I dont think hes not visually to me thats Jimin ;p

The difference on Insta between Jimin and V is like 2.2m not that big of a difference/.

V has like 20 posts Jimin has 3 also.

I feel like if JK/Jimin posted more would probs be 1/2

• yup all are extremely close in popularity! During concerts here in the US, the response the rap-line gets is absolutely INSANE. For the concert I went to, I felt like I went temporarily deaf from the high-pitched screams every time Yoongi, Namjoon, or Hobi popped up on the screen! Ppl who went to the LA concerts said the same too.

I def agree! I was there and rapline got the biggest cheers. Most popular was def Suga.

• Tbh I was expecting JK to have the most IG followers but I was wrong.

Followers on IG mean nothing when most can be bought and duplicated. You need to see the pattern over a variety of platforms. JK has tiktok twitter and yt records for years now all without least solo activity

Also I am pretty sure all those shippers that love to attach JK to their fave are not following or liking his posts for their precious fave to keep records.

Top 2 are JK and V followed by Jimin but the difference isn’t so stark. Even the hyung is relatively close to maknaes.

• I feel like jungkook is really popular with non fans. many people who have heard of bts but don't know much about them have heard of him too. V is slightly more popular in the fandom I think

It is the other way around. V has more solos and JK more within fandom hence the ot7 is stronger when it comes to voting and polls.

• It is the other way around. V has more solos and JK more within fandom hence the ot7 is stronger when it comes to voting and polls.

with non fans I meant like someone who is not a kpop fan but you got a point. I didn't think about it that way.

• Even before the opened their accounts V fanpages were the most followed on Instagram, one had 10m even.

Hes the most popular member on Instagram, while I think JK fans are more on Twitter and TikTok

I agree with the replies that you can't say for sure whos more popular, Instagram is just one platform

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• I dont think instagram shows popularity. people there care more about aesthetics and beauty.

moreover tae uses insta soo well and regularly. Out of all bts I personally like his and RM s insta aesthetic.

jungkook rarely uses insta

and jimin he has uploaded one photo and probably deleted the app after it

• Do you have the actual numbers? Have they surpassed BP yet?

they have the most liked pictures by an asian person record, as for followers it will take some time for tae to surpass since followers are mostly cumulative but tae has broken the record for fastest account to reach his current number of followers (26 million).

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!