Lalisa is one of Teddy’s Laziest Creations

• And it shows. Maybe the word lazy is undeserved since he put a lot of hours in making music, but the song is ‘lack luster’? Sure the song is named after her and it has Thai representation from the beat to the MV but I don’t think the song is it. From the repetitive chorus to the sloppy flow of the song, it’s probably the most underwhelming song Teddy has made.

If songs like these exists in Teddy’s vault of female solos, Lalisa pales in comparison.

Issa bop

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Doesn’t get old

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love Birthday

There is no denying Teddy is a genius producer but I’m actually glad Money is the song that gained traction and not Lalisa. Teddy has zero credits for Money and I’m happy about it. Maybe this will give BlackPink more options for choosing a non Teddy produced title track (as long as it’s deserved of course).

• Hmm I like Lalisa a lot but I can see its' flaws. I think it works as a debut even if it could have been stronger.

But I do agree with you on letting other producers work on BP's music. That would give BP a potential breath of fresh air.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• The song is good but the chorus is way too repetitive plus the lyrics dont even make sense

‘Say lalisa love me’ okay miss girl everyone love you What are you’re trying to tell :sweatr:

But Lisa chose the song and she thought it was the best out of all clearly he gave Lisa a bp reject because he has no hope on her

Even if OTG aged at least it sounds like rosé and the lyrics are really relatable and she gave us a different image of her

• Teddy is aware that whatever Lisa release it still would be full of hype

Oh yes…

External Content twitter.com

• I like it a lot, and the fact it broke all records shows that a lot of other people do too. I also prefer Money though.

Gashina is an absolutely incredible song, but I don't see how the other two mentioned are any more innovative than Lalisa is. A lot of people also said those songs are lazy.

Also feel people will use this thread as an excuse to diss Lisa...

• Well, Lalisa isn't the best for more, there are some other masterpieces created by Teddy (like Gashina or Solo) but generally spoken I think that Lalisa is one of the most complex songs he produced. Yup, maybe the song isn't working for some people but the song itself has many different colors. I just think it isn't one of his best but still a very good song for me. Lalisa love, Lalisa love always stays in my head.

As a example I think that he was a little bit lazy with Rose's song 'On the Ground'. Beautiful song but very simple melody and the chorus is like 'I just make it easy for myself'.

If I had to put his solo songs in a "lazy" order I would do it like that.

Solo > Lalisa > Gashina > Money > Birthday > On The Ground > Gone

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• if money has 0 Teddy work, he must be scared or reliefed

scared if he realize that he is not longer BP only way to success

reliefed if the pressure on him was too much

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Gashina is an absolutely incredible song, but I don't see how the other two mentioned are any more innovative than Lalisa is. A lot of people also said those songs are lazy.

Also feel people will use this thread as an excuse to diss Lisa...

the other two solos really suit the artists well when Lalisa feels like a jumbled mess. I guess Lalisa portrays Lisa as the wild card of the group very well but even to the MV it was just a bunch of random disconnected scenes from nowhere, it’s too much for only one person.

Can’t say this thread is to set Lisa up for hate but just the song. Maybe it will grow on me in a couple months to years so we will see.

• Teddy did not write Lalisa though he only produced and mixed it.... if you look at the credits :pepewhat: if we are talking lyrics can we blame the right person. Miss Bekah Boom, although I love her writing this was not her best, cute song and I do like it but not her best lyrically as a writer.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• If Lalisa is lazy then I guess Money is straight up comatose.

I’d agree that Money is basic but it’s a bside so ill give it pass. Money doing so well by itself shows that songs doesn’t need all that flare and noise to make an impact. I say Lalisa is lazy or ‘lack luster’ is that the song was meant to have impact but it has no replay or ‘grow’ on you value. I gave the song 2 months to ‘grow’ on me while streaming Lisa’s 3 songs and it doesn’t get me pump up like Gashina which is like a 4 year old song 🤷‍♀️

• Teddy did not write Lalisa though he only produced and mixed it.... if you look at the credits :pepewhat: if we are talking lyrics can we blame the right person. Miss Bekah Boom, although I love her writing this was not her best, cute song and I do like it but not her best lyrically as a writer.

you can only work with whatever you’re given. And per wiki, Teddy is credited as a song writer.

CC2AD698-EB5E-472D-8FF5-D1D54F1BEC0A.jpg

• you can only work with whatever you’re given. And per wiki, Teddy is credited as a song writer.

CC2AD698-EB5E-472D-8FF5-D1D54F1BEC0A.jpg

That's weird on KOMCA he is listed as a C level classification which usually is only used for producers/instrumental composers whereas the lyricists are usually found in class A, either way it is not the best lyrically, true but does it's job of being a fun party song. pasted-from-clipboard.png

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I totally agree with the OP, Lalisa is his weakest song. The song is like a bad mixture of everything with no clear direction. The only good part is the Thai part. I don't even know what's the song is about. The lyrics is so lame. And I don't know why her title song is in Korean neither. It's clearly it won't do well in Korea.

• I totally agree with the OP, Lalisa is his weakest song. The song is like a bad mixture of everything with no clear direction. The only good part is the Thai part. I don't even know what's the song is about. The lyrics is so lame. And I don't know why her title song is in Korean neither. It's clearly it won't do well in Korea.

Yer. And the choppiness of the song is even more highlighted by the MV. Every time there is a tempo change, the MV scene changes too and it overwhelms the eyes and ears.

Not saying the song is completely awful, my favorite part of the song was the bridge, or before the Thai rap part and the MV sets are all very nice

• you guys interpret lazy very differently.

Lalisa's composition is more complex than most songs he produced. Lazy songs would be like Solo and Dumb dumb whereby the melody / chord used throughtout the song is repetitive.

I do agree the lyrcis part is lazy and repetitive but that is not completely his fault cause they are many writers for the song. Clearly, they wanted to set Lisa apart from Blackpink by potraying that image of " I'm Lisa I'm the Bitch Everybody Eyes on Me" kind of vibe. Already expected this direction before they even drop teaser/song name. But they took it too literal with "Lalisa love me" lyrics being plastered all over the song

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!