TW: deaths at Travis Scott concert

• There were allegedly some of the fans being trampled and suffocated

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• 8 deaths + 300 injured

This is terrible. Some rumors r saying a 10yr old died. :-(.

Where were the safety protocols? Some of the videos r so suffocating.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Officials: At least 8 dead, several more injured at concert during Astroworld Festival in Texas
    The Houston Fire Chief said the compression of the crowd toward the stage occurred while rapper Travis Scott was performing Friday night.
    eu.usatoday.com

8 dead, hundreds injured at Astroworld fest Friday night, hours after stampede
    At least eight people died Friday night at a concert packed with an estimated 50,000 people at NRG Park.
    abc13.com

At Least 8 Dead, 300 Injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival in Houston
    A massive outdoor concert featuring superstars like Travis Scott and Drake gave way to tragedy as the crowd "compressed" and caused panic, trampling people and…
    www.hollywoodreporter.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've seen people on Twitter say not to blame him from not stopping the concert because he didn't know

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I've seen people on Twitter say not to blame him from not stopping the concert because he didn't know

There are clips of him momentarily stopping to see what’s wrong but he didn’t stop the show, he continued the set.

• There are clips of him momentarily stopping to see what’s wrong but he didn’t stop the show, he continued the set.

Yes and allegedly he's always encouraging fans to jump the barricades and ignore security, as claimed by people who were at his concerts

mKl7Ghm.png

• This is so tragic. Especially the staff members that ignored the pleas by the audience. People were laying on the ground. Several witnesses said that there were not enough medical staff and resources. The decision to not end this set was also fatal. A true disaster. My condolences go out to all the victims and people that only wanted a nice concert experience and are now left with anxiety and trauma.

I've seen people on Twitter say not to blame him from not stopping the concert because he didn't know

As another user said he could have at least sensed something was wrong. There was literally a medical cart that tried to drive through the crowd (was also seen on the livestream) Also he was arrested several times for trying to inflict riots during his concerts. He might not be the sole reason for this disaster (this is live nation‘s and the stage manager‘s fault) but he ignored it. There is even a video where a kid has to be resuscitated and he is standing next to it on a pole. He is even deleting tweets where he says that he wants to bring in people without tickets and this is so dangerous since overcrowding is always dangerous and hard to handle

• Yes and allegedly he's always encouraging fans to jump the barricades and ignore security, as claimed by people who were at his concerts

Can confirm. When I saw him he was encouraging people to come up closer to the stage past the barricade.

~ ω

• This is so tragic. Especially the staff members that ignored the pleas by the audience. People were laying on the ground. Several witnesses said that there were not enough medical staff and resources. The decision to not end this set was also fatal. A true disaster. My condolences go out to all the victims and people that only wanted a nice concert experience and are now left with anxiety and trauma.

As another user said he could have at least sensed something was wrong. There was literally a medical cart that tried to drive through the crowd (was also seen on the livestream) Also he was arrested several times for trying to inflict riots during his concerts. He might not be the sole reason for this disaster (this is live nation‘s and the stage manager‘s fault) but he ignored it. There is even a video where a kid has to be resuscitated and he is standing next to it on a pole. He is even deleting tweets where he says that he wants to bring in people without tickets and this is so dangerous since overcrowding is always dangerous and hard to handle

I think you misunderstood me. I said that people on Twitter are saying that but there's proof he encouraged the behavior that lead to this. That's why I added that tweet. I wasn't defending him.

I was saying that despite people defending him, there's proof he was in the wrong.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I think you misunderstood me. I said that people on Twitter are saying that but there's proof he encouraged the behavior that lead to this. That's why I added that tweet. I wasn't defending him.

I was saying that despite people defending him, there's proof he was in the wrong.

No I quoted your post as in, someone said that (the tweet), I think you misunderstood me and we are on the same page.

• External Content twitter.com

yikessss he sounds so horrible

He is a piece of shit

• He is a piece of shit

wait what? this is next level disturbing. is he not getting arrested or some shit?

• some of those videos were horrifying

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• There were allegedly some of the fans being trampled and suffocated

how did this happen?? Is it even possible to get hurt at a concert? Were people pushed around?

• wait what? this is next level disturbing. is he not getting arrested or some shit?

I hope + him deleting old tweets

Also it‘s not like he had no choice in this festival. It’s literally his “own“ (or rather he has major say in it). I hope he gets charged or has to go in front of court because it makes me so angry how money can make people so greedy. There have been so many stampedes with unforeseen causes but this one started because of greed, ignorance and underestimate by professionals who should have known the obvious. The sole fact that there weren’t enough medical people and resources, that people tried to get security staff to pull out unconscious people and were rejected by them. Also how no one thought of stopping this. Also, it‘s not unnormal for an artist to make a break in order to call out people who are pushing. I saw several videos and I was at a tons of concerts in front and I have NEVER seen such a disastrous crowd management. Artists stopped concerts for far less. I was once at a concert where one girl passed out because she didn’t drank enough and they stopped the concert until everything was alright. Here they didn‘t even stop after people (!) had to be resuscitated.

I hope everyone involved in this is deeply ashamed and has to face the rightful consequences.

• I hope + him deleting old tweets

Also it‘s not like he had no choice in this festival. It’s literally his “own“ (or rather he has major say in it). I hope he gets charged or has to go in front of court because it makes me so angry how money can make people so greedy. There have been so many stampedes with unforeseen causes but this one started because of greed, ignorance and underestimate by professionals who should have known the obvious. The sole fact that there weren’t enough medical people and resources, that people tried to get security staff to pull out unconscious people and were rejected by them. Also how no one thought of stopping this. Also, it‘s not unnormal for an artist to make a break in order to call out people who are pushing. I saw several videos and I was at a tons of concerts in front and I have NEVER seen such a disastrous crowd management. Artists stopped concerts for far less. I was once at a concert where one girl passed out because she didn’t drank enough and they stopped the concert until everything was alright. Here they didn‘t even stop after people (!) had to be resuscitated.

I hope everyone involved in this is deeply ashamed and has to face the rightful consequences.

If I ever go to a concert, I hope this never happens to me.

• how did this happen?? Is it even possible to get hurt at a concert? Were people pushed around?

Yes, it’s due to overcrowding. When a lot of people start to share a limited space, they start to move like a fluid since people cannot freely act and move anymore and it’s like a domino effect. So when e.g. an artists encourages people to come forward in an overcrowded space, it‘s like a water wave with the difference that the people who are standing in the front are being pushed by the added force of the crowd. Most of the time, concerts or events have fences in the front space to keep the crowd in their place. So what happens is that the first row/the people in front cannot stand against the full force of the crowd and start to collapse. Like a domino effect people start to collapse onto these people and people pile up. The people who are under these piles often get crushed or cannot breath and die of heart failure or suffocate. And another problem is the panic that starts to ensue afterwards. In course of mass panics, more people start to collapse and people collapse onto those.

How can this happen?

It happens when crowds go uncontrolled without any crowd management into an area. In this case, it was also due to the fact that people without the right tickets got into a certain area and overcrowding started to happen.

That’s why there are special fences in my country and people are always counting and checking your ticket.

• Yes, it’s due to overcrowding. When a lot of people start to share a limited space, they start to move like a fluid since people cannot freely act and move anymore and it’s like a domino effect. So when e.g. an artists encourages people to come forward in an overcrowded space, it‘s like a water wave with the difference that the people who are standing in the front are being pushed by the added force of the crowd. Most of the time, concerts or events have fences in the front space to keep the crowd in their place. So what happens is that the first row/the people in front cannot stand against the full force of the crowd and start to collapse. Like a domino effect people start to collapse onto these people and people pile up. The people who are under these piles often get crushed or cannot breath and die of heart failure or suffocate. And another problem is the panic that starts to ensue afterwards. In course of mass panics, more people start to collapse and people collapse onto those.

How can this happen?

It happens when crowds go uncontrolled without any crowd management into an area. In this case, it was also due to the fact that people without the right tickets got into a certain area and overcrowding started to happen.

That’s why there are special fences in my country and people are always counting and checking your ticket.

people weren't checking tickets? Damn.

I hope something like this doesn't happen again.

• Saw this on Twitter. It was bound to happen at some point. It's not the first time he makes trouble. And not the first time at Astroworld either.

• people weren't checking tickets? Damn.

I hope something like this doesn't happen again.

Yeah, it is just crazy how dangerous this festival was from the get go.

If I ever go to a concert, I hope this never happens to me.

Most concerts have standards and technologies to avoid such catastrophic situations.

if you ever go to a concert and it gets too crowded, rather leave the section and maybe loose your spot instead of running into such a situation. People can go crazy. Remember that one time when JK jumped into the crowd. This was so dangerous. I love JK but when I see such scenes I am always anxious because people underestimate their own force and if you take this by 1000, it gets uncontrollably. Armys are behaving really well at concerts and BTS/Hybe put a lot of thought and organisation (especially when it is about security) into their concerts (seriously one of the best organized concerts that I have ever been to) but even they can not immediately control such a big crowd. I was once at a concert where people were drunk, on drugs or just pissed off (due to whatever) and they started to push/pull that the artist had to stop for a few minutes until people calmed down.

• How shameless is the pr department of that organization

• what I don't get, I've been to a death metal concert of over 10k people.

We were all jumping like crazy, banging against each other.

But we never hurt nobody...

Meh, I guess I am just old

maybe those concerts weren't overcrowded and fit the venue. i never went to a death metal concert lol but i attended evens t with 40k people and nobody got hurt. travis and his team obviously couldn't care less about his fans and their safety, he just wanted to be edgy.

imagine losing your life over a concert. you go to have a good time and never come home again. poor them, their families, and friends.

• maybe those concerts weren't overcrowded and fit the venue. i never went to a death metal concert lol but i attended evens t with 40k people and nobody got hurt. travis and his team obviously couldn't care less about his fans, he wanted to be edgy.

imagine losing your life over a concert. you go to have a good time and never come home again. poor them, their families, and friends.

I agree, that concert didn't feel overcrowded at all.

As you said, the issue was the venues were too small for the amount of people they let in.

Cash first, lives after.

Such a shame

• I agree, that concert didn't feel overcrowded at all.

As you said, the issue was the venues were too small for the amount of people they let in.

Cash first, lives after.

Such a shame

i always stay away from moshpits, i cannot handle them for various reasons, but there is always enough space to move back. i'm always somewhere in the middle for that reason, first lines just aren't made for me.

this tragedy could have been prevented. these people lost their lives for nothing. it's heartbreaking

• He is a piece of shit

what an absolute pos of a mofo

I hope those law suits hit him like an asteroid specially since he seem to be known to incite these type of behaviors in his concerts

• what I don't get, I've been to a death metal concert of over 10k people.

We were all jumping like crazy, banging against each other.

But we never hurt nobody...

Meh, I guess I am just old

very surprisingly death metal fans are actually nice people , regardless of how crazy the concerts get they all watch out for each other

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!