History repeat itself with Mnet and their shows

• A lot of international stans said PD48 would flop because only 3 japanese made it to the lineup. Guess what? They didn't. If the reality is that GP999 will have 8 koreans and only 1 foreigner(If it's Su Ruiqi), the group will be successful regardless. I think we need to accept the fact that Korea doesn't see the word ''global'' or ''multinational'' the same way as we outsiders do. Didn't folks here say Korea is a homegeneus country and they do not believe in diversity or woke culture for that matter? For Mnet and koreans, the debut lineup of almost just koreans and only 1 foreigners is a global group and they will gain popularity regardless. People might scream and shout the first days and weeks after the show ends, but then a lot of the same folks will support the new group later on.

• But at that time tho especially with Produce in which IZ*ONE was created we didn't know then about vote rigging possibilities...

Evil editing was a thing like in all mnet shows but other than that most of us would believe in 'dark horse' stories when some candidates will rise in rankings just in right moment to make it to the group.

Here we are with knowledge after all vote rigging scandals, and Koreans seemed to not being interested in this. You know how they are about scandals, they cancel people for spilling someones milk in middle school.

The whole show was so succesfull globally this time because of 66 foreign trainees and the fact that ifans watched it, not because Koreans did. Even the number of people which are voting in Korea seem relatively small in comparison to previous shows. There is no way this group will make huge sales if it ends with 8 Korean members, because Koreans won't buy as much, they are never 'the force' which buys out albums, they usually just buy 10-20% of total sales. Neglecting ifans and saying that we are iroaches and Knetz voting just for their k girls will backfire asap.

This group will have high competition in aespa, STAYC, JYPn, and YGNGG. And yeah there is also HYBE group with Sakura, Chaewon and Huh Yunjin.

In comparison IZ*ONE debuted in better time with less rivals and that info about vote rigging came out already too late to stop groups popularity boom.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Still not stanning if that’s the result

If y’all think a group where all of Xiaoting, Hikaru, Mashiro, & Yurina being absent will do well internationally then have fun

Let alone the fact that a show that was supposed to have a multinational lineup…. Doesn’t with the current results

And good luck thinking this group will do well in Japan if literally no J-girls debut. This will be the group that’s remembered as created thanks to K-nationalist, cuz that’ll definitely garner the interest of international fans (news flash: it won’t)

3/12 foreigners in IZ*One is still much better than 1/9 foreigners in this team

Edited 2 times, last by Lubby00 ().

• Still not stanning if that’s the result

If y’all think a group where Xiaoting, Hikaru, Mashiro, & Yurina being absent will do well internationally then have fun

And good luck thinking this group will do well in Japan if literally no J-girls debut

If you guys been following my activities here, you know I'm a 100 percent supportive of making Kpop more diverse. Would I have liked a lineup of 3K 3J and 3C? Hell yes! I even wanted other SEAsians(especially vietnamese) to participate more in korean shows since I'm a quarter vietnamese.

I may sound like a quitter, but I have just given up whenever I hear Mnet or other korean companies say they want to make a ''global'' group when in truth they mean something else.

But if knetz gets what they want and the group do flop, then well deserved to Mnet because I hate that company.

• the korean girls in gp999 arent as marketable as the ones in izone imo, so i dont think they will get close to popularity of izone in korea.

factor in the whole global premise of the show, having an almost all korean line up will just piss off international fans. this group is doomed to fail as things stand.

• don’t let the door hit you on your way out. While it’s true mnet tried selling something they could never deliver, by now most people should have faced reality that this group won’t be ideal for ifans. But as someone who is more aligned with k-fan tastes this group is perfectly fine for me

• I assume you want a Scooby snack for this comment? Like okay, I said what I said lmfao

obviously bitter ifans are angling for a rebellion. And I want to see this happen. A company should pick up the popular leftover trainees and debut them to compete against GP999 final group

• You told me the other day she would have to kick a puppy or something to not make it into the final lineup. She is now #16 even when she hasn't ;(

I always thought she was favored among both ifans and kfans. Looks like everyone thought she'll be safe anyways and didn't vote. Things will change I think for the finals. Leaving shen xiaoting will be a mistake.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I think it's a little odd to be comfortable about the GP999 group's popularity. IZ*One had the luxury of having a gigantic Korean, Japanese, and Chinese fan base to ensure their success. Produce48 did decently ratings wise (3.3% highest), the performance videos always trended on Naver, and the Concept Evaluation songs actually charted on Melon (Rumor debuted at Melon #15). Internationals were the only ones hugely upset at the final lineup and as a result, International Wiz*Ones were a decent size but never as large as groups like say.... ITZY. But that didn't really matter for their success since they had the K, J, and C fans to carry them.

GP999 on the other hand isn't doing so great in Korea. Everybody knows their abysmal ratings. The Creation Mission songs only charted on Bugs and have around 2,500 to 4,000 likes on Melon (compared to P48 songs with 22,000 to 60,000 likes). That's basically a 10x difference. The group will most likely debut with as much popularity as Fromis_9 did in Korea. So in order for the group to be actually considered "successful", they would need to be carried by the C fans, J fans, and the rest of the International fans. But what happens if a large chunk of these three fan bases get turned off by the make up of the final group members? It could mean the difference between the group being one of the stronger 4th Gen groups out there, or just another mid-tier group. Specially since Produce groups are actually pretty dependent on the fans made from the show itself. They actually only have a limited amount of room for growth after debut since a lot of people don't bother to stan temporary groups.

• The thing is this isn't produce 48 it doesn't even come close when produce 48 was airing it had good ratings and a good international following just take a look a the YouTube views Rumor by it self has 40 million views and that's huge also mnet never were specific about the number japanese they want in the final line up, in the other hand we have gp999 who's barley able to reach 10 million views on YouTube and their popularity can't be compared to idol school because that show had a somewhat good following in Korea but gp999 so far has being carried by International fans mostly and you can see it during the elimination episodes also mnet emphasized on the fact they want an international group and you can't convince me 8k and 1c is an international group if this is the final line up gp999 group will flop internationally and domestically

• Is the show rigged too? I mean how did the other foreigners lose that easily in terms of votes. It makes more suspicious since MNET already rigged many previous shows. If MNET still continues doing it, they really have that guts.

• Is the show rigged too? I mean how did the other foreigners lose that easily in terms of votes. It makes more suspicious since MNET already rigged many previous shows. If MNET still continues doing it, they really have that guts.

Doubt it. For transparency, the vote is now run and calculated completely by a third party (NCSoft operating Universe app). And, Ruiqi and Bahiyyih, who were #9 and #8 respectively on latest interim announcement, were least favorable to Mnet as evident from the show edit. An Mnet's bias, Bora, sat at #11.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!