The most stupidest thing in Kpop is the main,lead,sub positions

• Why are you mad for absolutely no reason

Go play in the corner with your cars and mind your own business

No ones mad, just calling out bafoonery. Ironic of you telling me to mind my business when you get into other artist business to drag them for no reason. You go play in front of cars, that would be much better :pepe-cut:

• I think that the positions make sense for the first three releases but then the groups start to blur the lines. It’s like when someone comesbsck to perform a song in one outfit so you associate the concept with some pieces of clothing, but later on they’ll recycle different looks with the same song concept and you’ll realize that maybe peek-a-boo (clearly a Halloween theme) can fit into Umpah’s fashion because the world creates patterns even when they don’t exist.

I also think that positions are low key subject to opinion. If I were to break down BP into groups I would have them like this:

Rosé: Main singer, rapper, dancer

Jisoo: Lead singer, Lead Dancer, visual

Jennie: Lead singer, Lead Dancer, Main Rapper, Visual

Lisa: Main Visual (sorry she’s low key the face), Lead Rapper, Main Dancer, sub vocal

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• I liked how Stray Kids' positions used to be listed (until they got removed from the official site completely)

everyone had all their positions listed (without main/lead specifics), and also a main position

so it looked like this for Felix, for instance

position: dance, rap

main position: dance

it's because Stray Kids have 3 non-overlapping units (3racha, vocalracha, danceracha), but I can imagine it could work for other groups too

• The worse position ever created is visual, because it's like saying other members who are not "visuals" are not on par looks wise

Do you prefer "center"?

• Wait, Rose had done rap?

Isn't Jisso the weakest dancer?

But I agree with you overall point.

• The worse position ever created is visual, because it's like saying other members who are not "visuals" are not on par looks wise

Or saying that the visual of the group has no other talent and their only purpose is to look pretty for the cameras (even if it’s true in some cases). It’s a dumbass position that shouldn’t exist but with how much focus kpop fans put on visuals I’m not surprised it does.

• yeah positions just lead to petty fighting and also leave no room for improvement

and often aren't assigned by skill anyway, which just leads to more fighting - like deeper voiced idols like V or Yuqi are among the best vocalists in their groups but are listed as "sub" cause no high notes, no skill or however that works in K-Pop

or Jisoo stans being mad that Jennie sings more despite Jisoo being lead vocalist, like they're not essentially on the same level anyway, Jennie just already had the rap position.

and the visual position is extremely stupid. We can all tell for ourselves who's attractive, the public will also decide who most people find attractive, the company board slapping a sign on someone isn't gonna change anyone's mind and just leads to the poor idol forever getting the rep of being cast solely for their looks, talent or no talent.

• Wait, Rose had done rap?

Isn't Jisso the weakest dancer?

But I agree with you overall point.

Rose can and does rap when it’s required. And I dont think Jisoo is the weakest dancer. I honestly would probably give that to Jennie, but I don’t think she is a weak dancer either. Or Rosé but even then she’s still a great dancer

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!