Do/did you enjoy the top charting KPOP songs this year?

• What even ARE kpop songs that are top charting this year? lol I certainly can’t name more than half a dozen idol songs released in 2021 that didn’t just come and go in terms of the noise they made on charts, both for solos and groups, which is pretty disheartening but a reality nonetheless

• Honestly Next Level is multiple songs, idk if it qualifies as a song in a traditional sense lol.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As per usual the best quality songs are the mid-tier groups

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I did enjoy Butter a lot. PTD not as much

I didn't like Next Level but really enjoyed the performances, the choreo is great

I liked Rollin and Dun Dun Dance too.

I can't remember the rest...

But yeah it definitely is not at the level of the past years, It was a relatively weak year.

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• Not really.

Next Level, possibly the biggest gg song this year, left me more puzzled than enthusiastic. The way it's structured (and barely rearranged compared to the original) just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Also, STAYC. They get more and more successful with songs that I find more and more forgettable.

The rise of Brave Girls I can get behind. For the rest I don't know; I'm not interested in big players like BTS or IU in the first place so I didn't listen to their songs or barely.

• Agreed! Every single on here is a bop

• Next level - actually enjoyed, the vocal section in the middle was great and classic SM

Butter - ehh, I still listen to it but haven't really liked a BTS title track since Fake Love, their b-sides are fantastic though

Permission to dance - same as Butter

Dun Dun Dance - didn't care much for it, but im so happy for OMG and the revival of their careers

Chit mat baram, and rollin - it was okay, again really happy for them and their revival

celebrity - one of my least favorite IU songs, but still overall decent

Gone, On the Ground - i really liked gone, thought it showed off her unique tone more, but OTG was a no.

Alcohol free - was okay. ICSM still remains superior for recent Twice releases for me.

MITM - don't have much to say, it was cringy but the choreo was fire

dumb dumb - decent song, again happy that Somi is doing well, plus her vocals and performance improved a lot

Queendom - again was decent, nowhere near psycho or bad boy level, but a good safe comeback

ASAP - I don't know if they hit the top 10 but I liked the song a lot, the girls have a bright future

Weekend - I enjoyed, it was something different from taeyeon

Hwaa- really liked minus the chorus. they tend to do the same thing with the chorus in a lot of their songs

these are the idol songs I thought of off the top of my head, i know i'm missing more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!