ANOTHER RIGGING CONTROVERSY: The Unit was rigged confirmed

• Apparently two members of UNB and one member of Uni.T were supposed to debut, but there was an "error" that changed the contestants' score and somebody else made the final lineup. There was an error when tallying the results during the finale. This is what KBS said "This was a simple error that occurred in a situation where only three of the 10 internal producers were doing all the work because of a general strike at KBS that was happening during the production and broadcast of the final episode. There was no intention to favor specific contestants over others"

Not them trying to downplay this. You can claim this was a mistake, but come on now. That just means the producers weren't doing their job properly, which is just as bad as rigging tbh.

I'm 99% sure these are the members who I think were potentially rigged out

Timoteo (Hotshot)

Donghyun (Boyfriend)

As for the girl group member, it was either.

Semmi (Matilda)

Euna Kim (The Ark)

I think it was probably Semmi because she dropped from 2nd place to 12th for no reason. She was a fan favorite throughout the entire season. With Euna Kim, I can see the fan vote being split between her and Suji.

So annoying. The Unit was such a good idea but it had such lazy and horrible execution.

• I remember KBS tried so hard for their show to not be like Produce just for them to do the same trickery as Mnet. But it’s wild how a show like The Unit will rig certain contestants when the shows ratings kept plummeting and both debut teams flopped.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• and for what? both groups ended up being forgotten and their careers didn't have the revivial they were promised...

i hope the rigged out idols get recompensated

im sure they will more than happy to send them their part of the debt since the unit most likely spent way more than they earned lmao

• It’s a shame. The unit started out so good but it just fell flat and they had no noise about them. I totally forgot about them until couple of weeks ago somebody mentioned them here.

I actually think when it started it was a MESS, like straight up. I was so excited about the show but during the pilot episode, a former U-Kiss member did not pass the audition meanwhile a 14 year old trainee passed with flying colors. Like, this show is supposed to be about reviving the careers of people who already debuted, this girl hasn't debuted! Then there was a talentless actor who literally even said himself he sucks, but they passed him because he was cute. I was so furious at the time. It got better after the auditions and they started doing stages, but then the finale was whack and apparently we know why now.

• You know what's extra sad? How good this song was and yet the group went pretty much unnoticed

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You know what's extra sad? How good this song was and yet the group went pretty much unnoticed

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I liked Black Heart even better

• I actually think when it started it was a MESS, like straight up. I was so excited about the show but during the pilot episode, a former U-Kiss member did not pass the audition meanwhile a 14 year old trainee passed with flying colors. Like, this show is supposed to be about reviving the careers of people who already debuted, this girl hasn't debuted! Then there was a talentless actor who literally even said himself he sucks, but they passed him because he was cute. I was so furious at the time. It got better after the auditions and they started doing stages, but then the finale was whack and apparently we know why now.

:sehunthinking:

Makes me wonder if I seen the pilot ep or not. I did watched the show and remember Jun from Ukiss was in it so it’s not him who didn’t make it.

Jun is a cutie. He reminds me of Hwang Chiyeul minus Botox.

• Thats kinda sad tho I heard euna retired and married after gave up .

• The Unit was a big wake up call for me

It made me realize that even the most popular girls from unpopular groups are still unpopular

That my Hypothesis for Years that Mediocre Groups hold back a Star was the exact opposite of Reality

The Reality being that a Star elevates any group around them

So these Girls I thought were Stars just in the wrong place or time, were only that way in my eyes and the minority of people watching

Just because I thought a certain Girl was crazy talented or beautiful did not mean everyone else secretly thought the same, far more likely people saw her and went "meh" like I do when I see many of their Favorites

Basically if they had "IT" or (real star power) they would have been Stars, no ifs buts or maybe's

• you never know, weren't brave girls on that show? and yujeong became the it girl this year, everyone in Korea loves her

• Not rigging, just extremely unprofessional and sloppy work. Euna Kim or Semmi for sure and Timoteo, Jeup or Hangyul. I am sure about Timoteo.

Definitely very sloppy, and it came at the expense of some people who could have missed out on a great opportunity. I think that's just as bad as rigging. Rain...he pisses me off so much.

I also wonder if the groups would have done a little better. Because people were so mad at the final lineup and that was The Unit's legacy. A rebooting show filled with rookies/trianees and a final lineup that didn't make any sense.

I think if Semmi, Timoteo, and Jeup or Donghyun made ther final lineup people would have been like: wel at least I like the top 9.

• the world is never as black and white as this.. sometimes being at the right place at the right time can change your entire life.

but its still an interesting perspective you've got

• why are people even shocked anymore 2x

if you get that hurt over it then just boycott the program good lord

• It seems at one point it will be revealed that all those shows were rigged in one way or another, lets look for forward the reveal about I-Land in a few years, when they show how K was cheated out

I hope they never find out, that Sixteen was completely rigged and JYP just selected the members he wanted all along :pepe-back-away:

• Just curious, who were some of your favorite contestants?

same with hinapia and drip, ik its bit off topic tho :(

• I really wanted Kanto to be in UNB but I’m pretty sure I know the members that had their spot robbed in UNB.

• Also I was looking at an article an a bunch of people were like. Hangyul and Jeup were rigged out :pepewhat:

Hangyul never made it into the top 12 let alone the top 9 so why are people so sure he was rigged?

Jeup, I can see him just barely not making the final lineup. He peaked in 8th place and started declining before the finale. So it makes sense that he would just barely miss it.

Seyong dropping to 17th place was kinda shocking though. He was always hovering around the bottom of the top 9 throughout the whole series and was in 8th place before the finale.

I still feel like Timoteo and Donghyun getting rigged out made the least amount of sense.

Timoteo was in the top 5 the whole series, then he suddenly fell to 10th place. That makes no sense.

Donghyun, I feel like the Boyfriend fandom alone was strong enough to get him into the top 9. He was also in the top 9 the whole series, so it was shocking that he didn't make it. More shocking than Hangyul and Jeup.

Edited 2 times, last by Hopkinz ().

• As for the girls, I'm 99% sure it was Semmi.

Semmi was rising higher and higher each episode and she was never had evil-editing. Quite the opposite. So for her to drop like a rock from 2nd place all the way too 13th place in the ranking made no sense.

Euna Kim was also kinda shocking, but not as much as Semmi. Euna was in the top 9 the whole time but was on a sneaky downward trend. She was in 7th place before the finale; so not so low that her fandom would be worried, but definitely a position where they should have been more worried. And when you combine that with the fact that The Ark's fandom was split between Euna and Suji, I can see how she'd barely not make it.

• honestly always did the opposite for me lol. for me no matter how talented and idol is or how much it factor an idol has is meaningless if nobody is paying attention. to me unless your in a major company with all eyes on you from the get go you need a lot of luck and opportunity to catch people attention and only than will you see if an idol truly has that it factor.

• And it pains me to speculate as to who was rigged in, but for the boys I think it's pretty obvious.

Marco ending up in 5th place made literally no sense. He was in 16th place before the finale and never had a viral moment that would have explained why he leaped so high at the end.

Chan (sorry Choice) was in 15th place and also didn't have a viral moment so it didn't make sense when he didn't debut.

As for the girls, I think it was either Hyunjoo or Yoonjo.

Yoonjo was in 12th before the finale and suddenly was in 4th place. Now with Yoonjo she got support from Nuest, who were one of the top boy groups at the time. That could explain why she jumped so high. Cause more people stanned Nuest than people who even watched the Unit.

Hyunjoo was actually kinda sus because she was on a downward trend. Then she was up in 5th place. People were also super mad when she made it because she wasn't as talented. Her acceptance speech got tons of dislikes. hmmm

People are saying ZN was sus because it was her first time in the top 9. Here's the thing though, she was on an upward trend before the finale, hovering outside the top 9. Yujeong and Haein of Laboum had just gotten eliminated so all their supporters went to ZN. And it's not like ZN's ranking was outrageously high, it was just barely in the top 9. I predicted that was pretty much where she'd end up.

Edited once, last by Hopkinz ().

• honestly always did the opposite for me lol. for me no matter how talented and idol is or how much it factor an idol has is meaningless if nobody is paying attention. to me unless your in a major company with all eyes on you from the get go you need a lot of luck and opportunity to catch people attention and only than will you see if an idol truly has that it factor.

This was my take away as well. If The Unit was as popular as Produce 101, then Euijin would have been regarded as one of the industry's top dancers, Jun would have been the next Kang Daniel. However, since the show wasn't as popular, they were lesser known. Literally the only difference was the amount of people watching.

• It seems at one point it will be revealed that all those shows were rigged in one way or another, lets look for forward the reveal about I-Land in a few years, when they show how K was cheated out

I hope they never find out, that Sixteen was completely rigged and JYP just selected the members he wanted all along :pepe-back-away:

Tuzyu and Momo

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!