Why does Super Junior still have an active career despite the many controversies?

• Girl the Irene scandal was bigger than the Sojin's Irene pissed off a well respected person in the industry everyone was ready to boycott Irene but Sm didn't let things escalate

• But according to what the actress said it wasn't severe bullying but that she talked behind her back and her attitude was bad or something. Unless I missed something. I just don't get why people act like they're 100% sure when they can be hurting an innocent person.

lt64IYu.gif

• So let me get this straight, you all have a problem because SM don't drop their idols as soon as they're involved in a controversy and therfore their idols don't lose their careers? That's it?

So instead of wanting other companies to be more competent and other idols to suffer less, the solution is for SM to be less competent and their idols suffer more for there to be fairness. Great thinking.

• If I'm not mistaken the one who caused big problems was Kangin with his DUI and assault case and he's pretty much gone. Knets still do not like Siwon because they still blame him for the death of that lady that was bitten by his dog.

Aside from those two, most of their 'controversies' were more of a talk internationally, with CA, blackface, misogynistic comments, which lets face it will never matter much in Korea.

Add to that International fans are basically even worst when it comes to supporting problematic/misogynistic men. That's why Seungri Yoochun are still with thousands of fans waiting for them. Female idols would have thousand of tweets slut shaming them and harassing them if they even say a peep like what Kyuhyun did during his Radio Star days

• I feel like there are a lot of factors that play into it but first of all I don't know what SuJu has done so I kind of want someone to just list things.

I do believe factors that play into this are (btw here I'm speaking about Soojin not Jimin): there is and always has been more pressure on women, SM is not Cube & a famous figure accused Soojin which was even more difficult to deal with.

• They still haven't move on from that even now? That's crazy

i cancelled Siwon long ago but this was one of the most unfortunate incidents and unfairest situations. 1st The dog wasn't even his, it was literally registered under his father's name, it was a family dog, not his own. 2nd Siwon recognised that there was a problem with the dog and he took him to a special trainer to fix his biting problem, he posted about this in his IG circa 2015 but unfortunately he had to enlist shortly after and who knows if his family members carried on with the dog's training. 3rd he had been in the army for 2 years and was discharged a couple weeks before the incident, so he wasn't around to either fix or aggravate the dog's problem. finally and most important he was literally in a schedule overseas the day of the incident so he literally had no control or involvement in what happened. But of course k-netz don't care about facts when they have an opportunity to drag a public figure and i-fans naturally parrot whatever k-netz think.

• Oh I'm curious about your reason to cancel him. I'm just a casual listener of SJ so I don't know that much about him.

it is a maltitude of things. he RTed some homophobic stuff sometime in 2015 (i think) but he apologised and basically said he was ignorant and misinformed and that he never meant to hurt anyone's feeling and promised to reflect on his beliefs so i decided to give him another chance, but then he did something that i as a muslim arab can't forgive which was tweeting about Israel and meeting up with someone from the Israeli embass. and lathering him in praise or whatever, like how am i supposed to take his unicef campaigns seriously after that? and finally his ridiculous fanboying over Trump. i was done forever lol.

• If I'm not mistaken the one who caused big problems was Kangin with his DUI and assault case and he's pretty much gone. Knets still do not like Siwon because they still blame him for the death of that lady that was bitten by his dog.

Aside from those two, most of their 'controversies' were more of a talk internationally, with CA, blackface, misogynistic comments, which lets face it will never matter much in Korea.

Add to that International fans are basically even worst when it comes to supporting problematic/misogynistic men. That's why Seungri Yoochun are still with thousands of fans waiting for them. Female idols would have thousand of tweets slut shaming them and harassing them if they even say a peep like what Kyuhyun did during his Radio Star days

Worst part of the Siwon scandal with the dog is that he had that dog retrained two times, his family was taking care of the dog on their own while he was in the military I believe, he wasn't home when this situation happened and he really did put in an effort to teach the dog better behavior, the dog got away accidentally through the door and the poor lady refused medical help which could've literally save her life because she was immunocompromised to begin with, and then her son dragged Siwon in particular through the media for it probably because he was a celebrity and kept giving paid interviews even though I doubt that is what his mother would've wanted as their families were friends and she didn't get mad that the dog bit her to begin with. The guilt and blame put on him literally destroyed him. He aged like 10 years, lost a ton of weight and I've never seen him look more drained, gaunt and sad than during and after all of this was going on. And knetz know it wasn't his fault, but they're witchhunting him because he's a celebrity.

If Siwon should be hated/called out it's for his homophobia and hypocrisy but in this situation, he got the most criticism despite being the only one who was trying to raise the dog responsibly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• it is a maltitude of things. he RTed some homophobic stuff sometime in 2015 (i think) but he apologised and basically said he was ignorant and misinformed and that he never meant to hurt anyone's feeling and promised to reflect on his beliefs so i decided to give him another chance, but then he did something that i as a muslim arab can't forgive which was tweeting about Israel and meeting up with someone from the Israeli embass. and lathering him in praise or whatever, like how am i supposed to take his unicef campaigns seriously after that? and finally his ridiculous fanboying over Trump. i was done forever lol.

That's a valid reason

• because they do have a faithfull fandom, ELF

also Super Junior was always know to be quite savage on programs, reactions and comments even with each other.

Many times they said that they are workmates, and sometimes they can´t stand each other....so fans are not fooled

the scandalls i think they couldn´t fix were the dyi of Kangin, and he is not longer in the group. And the marriage of Sungmin, also not longer promoting with the group

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!