Sticker has the opposite problem of most NCT songs

• Usually NCT songs have a catchy instrumental, but I don't like their choruses because they're chanty. For Sticker, I actually really like the vocal production and the harmonization during the chorus. But the instrumental is...lacking. I barely noticed it and what I did hear was so simple and unimpressive. Like it sounded like it took 10 seconds to create that instrumental hook. What do you think?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The flute is addictive and I woke up with it in my head.

• I politely disagree. Simple riffs, such as the one in Sticker, are only inputted with much consideration since the texture isn't thick enough to hide any inconsistencies that may have went past the producers if the layering was thick.

Edited once, last by kidsgonestray ().

• Usually NCT songs have a catchy instrumental, but I don't like their choruses because they're chanty. For Sticker, I actually really like the vocal production and the harmonization during the chorus. But the instrumental is...lacking. I barely noticed it and what I did hear was so simple and unimpressive. Like it sounded like it took 10 seconds to create that instrumental hook. What do you think?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I agree, the song could have sounded so good ;(;(

• They used a lot of auto tunes, kinda surprised no one talked about that because usually it’s like the pet peeve of many akp users.

For me, it’s not to my liking but it’s really on brand for NCT127. I just have some problems with its cringy lyrics but then I must be the minority who likes to know the meaning of songs.

• They used a lot of auto tunes, kinda surprised no one talked about that because usually it’s like the pet peeve of many akp users.

exactly, that surprised me too.

As for the song; that beat doesn't make any sense. Emptiness of the beat doesn't bother me at all but that flute... before watching the mv i thought people didn't like the flute sound. And then I heard it. The flute sounds off key and off beat. I don't get it.

Nct music is definitely not my taste and I'm not their target audience anyway.

• I politely disagree. Simple riffs, such as the one in Sticker, are only inputted with much consideration since the texture isn't think enough to hide any inconsistencies that may have went past the producers if the layering was thick.

Hey, What's your take on this song, production wise, vocallly??

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• exactly, that surprised me too.

As for the song; that beat doesn't make any sense. Emptiness of the beat doesn't bother me at all but that flute... before watching the mv i thought people didn't like the flute sound. And then I heard it. The flute sounds off key and off beat. I don't get it.

i have seen people criticise the autotune and i did so myself too. it is just that there isn't a single thread encompassing all the reactions, just random ones started by different people to state their own opinions.

For me, it’s not to my liking but it’s really on brand for NCT127. I just have some problems with its cringy lyrics but then I must be the minority who likes to know the meaning of songs.

Heavy vocal processing*

• i have seen people criticise the autotune and i did so myself too. it is just that there isn't a single thread encompassing all the reactions, just random ones started by different people to state their own opinions.

Which parts?

I can only hear it prominently on Taeyong's opening verse. A bit on Johnny's part before the "Roll up to the party"

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Which parts?

I can only hear it prominently on Taeyong's opening verse. A bit on Johnny's part before the "Roll up to the party"

the whole song is heavier on the vocal processing than 127's usual but i think it was heaviest during the first verse up until Mark's rap verse where it starts lifting up a little and becomes more sporadic.

• exactly, that surprised me too.

Tbh I actually like the flute sound lol. It’s different. But that’s the only thing I like

Disagree. If anything This is the furthest thing from simple and , in my case, unimpressive.

This must have taken a good time to create, it would be so hard to make a song like this.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Which parts?

Saw it used half of Taeyong’s opening verse, the “yeah yeah” parts (which is kinda part of the instrumental ), i think Johnny’s 1st line, the ending of Jungwoo’s 1st line and Taeil “bye bye bye” near the killing part. 5 small areas in a 3 minute song seems alright. Big difference is song is hip-hop beat which tends to allow for autotune a bit more with sounding out of place.

I’ll admit when i heard Tae’s opening verse i was worried, but the vocalists weren’t touched by it which i think is where most ppl get annoyed with autotune. Only Johnny really got it consistently which is understandable

• Saw it used half of Taeyong’s opening verse, the “yeah yeah” parts (which is kinda part of the instrumental ), i think Johnny’s 1st line, the ending of Jungwoo’s 1st line and Taeil “bye bye bye” near the killing part. 5 small areas in a 3 minute song seems alright. Big difference is song is hip-hop beat which tends to allow for autotune a bit more with sounding out of place.

I’ll admit when i heard Tae’s opening verse i was worried, but the vocalists weren’t touched by it which i think is where most ppl get annoyed with autotune. Only Johnny really got it consistently which is understandable

Oh okay.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• i have seen people criticise the autotune and i did so myself too. it is just that there isn't a single thread encompassing all the reactions, just random ones started by different people to state their own opinions.

I guess the flute is bigger issue, i've only seen comments discussing that lol

i dislike vocal processing, i get that it's stylistic choice but i want to hear their actual voices. Whoever started this trend boooo at you.

I didn't read many comments, only bop/flop thread who got locked after 5 pages. At least we got to page 12 before permission to dance bop/flop thread got locked (still haven't moved on from it, it got locked while i was writing a reply ugh). It seems that you got your own permission to dance ^^

• Hey, What's your take on this song, production wise, vocallly??

I adore it!

The layering is perfect (as I've said), and I just love the timbre of the verse instruments. With songs like these, there's a balance that you need to find between the weird (basically the main motif - the 'flute' synth? ) and the grounding (the percussion). I love that they've achieved a really good balance throughout the song - it's weird, but not impossibly and unbearably so. And thus, I love it.

Also, the chorus harmonies are to die for!

• Hopkinz

Selected a post as the best answer.
  • Usually I like simple riffs, but this one was nothing special for me.

Each to their own. To some extent, I can see why some people may find it boring. To me though, the timbre of the sound in the riff just does it for me! It's so quirky!

• I know and I'm glad they did that since NCT vocals are really good. However you can do that without an empty chorus, which NCT has done before

• Tbh I actually like the flute sound lol. It’s different. But that’s the only thing I like

This is a rap beat. Flute and vocal line harmonies don't always match, that's why sometimes sounds off key. Flute has its own melody and vocals have to be in beat and in "key" but you can't do it with singing but can with rap.

If you remember, ethic instrument in daechwita was used only in some parts of the song not in the whole song. He used it when his delivery was consistent like in chorus and intro, but when he was switching flows it wasn't there. I think that should have happen here too.

• I guess the flute is bigger issue, i've only seen comments discussing that lol

i dislike vocal processing, i get that it's stylistic choice but i want to hear their actual voices. Whoever started this trend boooo at you.

I didn't read many comments, only bop/flop thread who got locked after 5 pages. At least we got to page 12 before permission to dance bop/flop thread got locked (still haven't moved on from it, it got locked while i was writing a reply ugh). It seems that you got your own permission to dance ^^

the flop or bop thread got locked because the op asked a mod to lock it once they felt it was going down hill. If i am not mistaken, threads get locked right away when their ops personally ask for it.

• the flop or bop thread got locked because the op asked a mod to lock it once they felt it was going down hill. If i am not mistaken, threads get locked right away when their ops personally ask for it.

Still, we lasted 12 pages :) and that thread was a mess (and at least three armys blocked me because of that thread lol)

• The flute is addictive and I woke up with it in my head.

are you a cobra?

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!