Kpop will never win against the real Jpop idol groups

• but my friend why does it matter if they sell more or less???

also why compare kpop sales to jpop sales on a overall basis instead of a lets say per capita basis??? (for example)

• It isn't a good sign when a foreign industry beat the domestic industry in your country.

ahahaha *Laughs in European* ... the naivety of American people who think that foreign artists wouldn't outsell other countries ... :pepe-joy:

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• why does it matter who sell more if at the end nobody outside japan know them ?

when you sell millions in your own country have no real incentive to try your luck in other countries

Unlike the Koreans, the Japanese just don't care

• Japan doesn't have a standardized system for their idols, so there many many many different types of "real" Japanese idol acts. Some may sell more and some may sell less than depending on their focus and\or success, but please don't apply kpop fan mindset to jpop groups.

Japanese music fans like the music, the artists, performances, etc. there isn't an obsession over stats and awards

• I mean in Japan, Kpop will never outsell against the 48/46 and Johnny's groups. Don't the latters have like millions of cd sales?

Sis, who cares though? As long as Korean companies are able to cash in on that market, it doesn’t even matter. It will be sad af if Japan’s most popular idols got out classed by foreign idols LOL :eyes: :pepe-tea:

• Introducing you to the top girl group of Japan at the moment

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Many Japaneses classify this group as K-pop for obvious reason.

• Introducing you to the top girl group of Japan at the moment

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Many Japaneses classify this group as K-pop for obvious reason.

Nogizaka is number 1 GG in Japan right now

• Nogizaka is number 1 GG in Japan right now

No one can tell at the moment to be honest. Could be either one. The problem with the 46/48 groups is digital sales and streaming which do bring in cash as well as physical sales. While NiziU did get highest overall GG rating at the mid year point from BB Japan N46 hadn't really put anything out. It's almost like who is higher, Blackpink or Twice. One has digitals and one has physicals

Right now I'd give the edge to NiziU because while there physicals are only about 2/3 to 1/2 as much as N46. Nogizaka46 digitals are more or less non existent compared to NiziU. Won't know until the end of the year.

Besides don't really care that much as both are making loads of Yen. Just looking forward to watching NiziU in their first concert performance tomorrow (or today depending on your TZ)

• No one can tell at the moment to be honest. Could be either one. The problem with the 46/48 groups is digital sales and streaming which do bring in cash as well as physical sales. While NiziU did get highest overall GG rating at the mid year point from BB Japan N46 hadn't really put anything out. It's almost like who is higher, Blackpink or Twice. One has digitals and one has physicals

Right now I'd give the edge to NiziU because while there physicals are only about 2/3 to 1/2 as much as N46. Nogizaka46 digitals are more or less non existent compared to NiziU. Won't know until the end of the year.

Besides don't really care that much as both are making loads of Yen. Just looking forward to watching NiziU in their first concert performance tomorrow (or today depending on your TZ)

NiziU have the stream and the downloads, but Nogizaka have the physical sales and public recognition, the members of Nogizaka are much more important than those of NiziU.

Actually I think it would be better to compare NiziU with Sakurazaka or Hinatazaka

Even so comparisons between GG are much more "tied" than in BG (there is no female version of Johnny's)

• NiziU have the stream and the downloads, but Nogizaka have the physical sales and public recognition, the members of Nogizaka are much more important than those of NiziU.

Actually I think it would be better to compare NiziU with Sakurazaka or Hinatazaka

Even so comparisons between GG are much more "tied" than in BG (there is no female version of Johnny's)

You must have missed this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E294bAUXMAA84Hs?format=jpg&name=large

NiziU's public recognition is way up there. But I do like that the GG's are tied for the most part. Good competition is always a plus in my mind. I hope in General the GG's get higher and higher so that they can once again start competing with the soloists and BG's. They have fallen a bit since the 2013s and hope they get back up there.

• NiziU have the stream and the downloads, but Nogizaka have the physical sales and public recognition, the members of Nogizaka are much more important than those of NiziU.

Someone already proved that NiziU got more public interest these days. And, if you're to talk about physical sale, AKB is ahead of Nogi and Nogi is ahead of Perfume. You won't say that AKB is more famous than Nogi nor Nogi is more famous than Perfume, right?

• I mean in Japan, Kpop will never outsell against the 48/46 and Johnny's groups. Don't the latters have like millions of cd sales?

Well, Blackpink did outsell some 48/46 groups, and even some of the Johnny's groups. They did that with a lot less gimmicks, members and no dick.

Pretty cool.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!