Posts by katahtattat

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

aren't Chiffon and Kechon graduating this year? so since both Neru and Nani are going to become the "seniors" of the group i think we can expect their importance to increase

but i don't know how to feel about the OG members graduating, Ano's graduation was a huge blow for YLMM that almost killed the group, without the older members i think its going to be a little hard for the new line up

yeah it'll definitely be interesting to see what happens after October. YLMM imo is one of the all time great alt idol groups. Hopefully they can release a real banger to open up the new era, and the new members can establish themselves with their own unique and interesting personalities

skip ahead to 53:00

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yes, opening a performance by riding a motorcycle on stage was one of her dreams. that was a pretty nice birthday present.

by the way have you ever seen a group with more stamina?

Ichigo Rinahamu is the producer of HO6LA, and former member and producer of CY8ER.

She has her own agency, 15STYLE, to which CY8ER and HO6LA are affiliated.

this is a lady that has established her own agency produced one very successful group, and is on the verge of debuting a second group with the potential to gain a lot of success too.

All of this in an industry ran by males in a country I hear is pretty misogynistic before the age of 30.

Japan doesn't have a standardized system for their idols, so there many many many different types of "real" Japanese idol acts. Some may sell more and some may sell less than depending on their focus and\or success, but please don't apply kpop fan mindset to jpop groups.

Japanese music fans like the music, the artists, performances, etc. there isn't an obsession over stats and awards

this mv is non stop punk energy excluding the "lunch breaking"

i am big on Popping Emo. they're produced by Iguchi Ichiro from scrambles

i remember the show, but i don't remember the format

The first wave of the competing idol have been released. There are some pretty recognizable names

External Content twitter.com

first wave of those competing have been announced. There are some pretty recognizable names

love that chaotic choreography too

it's rare to see a group perform live without even playback to sing over.

obviously this type of act will appeal to an extremely small demographic, but i find outlier groups like this interesting.

NEKIRU (네키루 / ネキル)

"A firecracker in the Korean live idol scene, Nekiru (short for Ne, Kiiteru? or “Hey, You Listening?”) combine pounding synths with a lightning fast BPM to show you the darker but still kind of sweet side of idol. Soha and Nyaryu’s love of Japanese idols and subculture really shines through."

from their first one man live

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CThI0A8Hi_y/?

utm_medium=copy_link

these tweets from Soha's twitter really show how much her image is like some of the underground idols in Japan