People who have been to ​kpop concerts; what do you li​ke about them?

• i've never been to one; but seeing online videos of some groups concerts; it appears to me that it will be too crowded and far away to see your idols properly. Even during concerts you will end up seeing them on the big screen and only distantly in real. Unless you can pay for front rows. Background music and crowd is too loud to hear their singing properly. Only benefit is getting to meet fans of same group in your city and having a fun time with crowd. That is my opinion.

Can those who attended concerts tell what they liked about it?

• I loved going to the Twice Light's concert in Chicago!

I actually paid for a lower mid section so even though I couldn't see them up close, it was still close enough for me to be able to tell who was who!

They do have giant screens so you can see them closely when they do the talking sessions.

Things I loved:

- Seeing the different versions of their popular songs. They did a rock version of Stuck in my Head!

- Seeing them perform their B-sides like Hot!

- Seeing their sub-unit performances like Jihyo x Momo covered Taemin and Tzuyu x Chae x Sana did Beyonce I think (might have them mixed up)

- Hearing them to their talking sessions like where they introduced themselves and spoke to us in English

- The fun fan games like karaoke to Fancy and dancing to Fancy they hosted

- Meeting fellow ONCE and K-Pop fans! I met a lot of Army at the Chicago concert and we spoke all about K-Pop

It was genuinely an amazing experience! One of the best concerts I've been to!

Honestly I would rank it #3 best concert I've been to!

1. Kendrick Lamar in Columbus

2. Kendrick Lamar in Detroit

3. Twice in Chicago

~ ω

• The concert experience is about 'immersion'. You can listen/see the same performance at your home or phone with even far better quality, but you won't be 'immersed' in the experience. You will be easily distracted/diverted and not maintain the emotional state.

That is the one of the intangibles of human activity, when when more than a certain number say '50' share in a group activity, the dynamic of the experience drastically changes and larger the group - again that is a limit to how large can it get before that dynamic starts degrading - the experience is more evocative.

The same case with seeing sport games in the stadiums.

You are amplified into a large organic creature composed of all the audience, rather than an individual.

Of course this also fluctuates, not everyone feels this way every time. But when you do, it is an amazing experience.

Particularly if you attend concerts as a part of your own group - maybe a club.

Then concerts become a sort of public festival experience.

Of course you need to balance it out with the trouble/cost of getting that experience -money, time, logistics etc.

Both for the artists and the audience -live concerts are the true partaking of the experience of art. Other ways are merely substitutes.

• it appears to me that it will be too crowded and far away to see your idols properly. Even during concerts you will end up seeing them on the big screen and only distantly in real. Unless you can pay for front rows. Background music and crowd is too loud to hear their singing properly.

But doesn't this apply to pretty much *most* concerts, whether they're K-pop or not?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!