The way some people love to drag other idols for "not writing lyrics"

• Official Post

This is KPOP....lmao. Barely any artists wrote their lyrics in the 2nd gen( and didn't get dragged for it tf) so I don't understand this new mentality of "If you don't write your own lyrics, you're not talented" or whatever.

Like...I don't usually make threads like this but I've seen it come up alot recently, people are even shading my faves abt this so I had to address it.

Writing lyrics is nice and adds a bit of a personal touch to a song, but there are many songs that are very good and the people who are singing it never wrote them.

Most of the time, groups don't even have a chance or opportunity to write lyrics. Especially female idols. Almost ALL of the female idols with the most KOMCA credits are not from the big3, so that already says alot with how restrictive idol culture is.

Let's stop dragging idols for not having the opportunity to have a say in their music in 2021 :lover4:

• they try to find ANYTHING to drag idols for.

whats next? idols should LITERALLY eat cds for breakfast or theyre cancelled?

no one expects that. idols are there for their visuals (well most of them).

• Writing lyrics in general is not their job.

Idols already have a lot of pressure because they have to dance, sing, stay fit and Focus on their visuals. Everything they say, can be used against them. They have to think really carefully what they wanna say on social media. That is their job and way more important than writing lyrics. Like their job need any extra pressure they already have?

• I'm okay with idols not writing their own lyrics. It's mostly how this industry works, especially for the girl groups. I agree with you. It's just funny how some blinks seemingly didn't give a damn about songwriting idols but when their faves start to do it, it's so amazing and praise worthy. You guys should be consistent.

• Official Post

I'm okay with idols not writing their own lyrics. It's mostly how this industry works, especially for the girl groups. I agree with you. It's just funny how some blinks seemingly didn't give a damn about songwriting idols but when their faves start to do it, it's so amazing and praise worthy. You guys should be consistent.

I didn't mention Blinks or BP anywhere and you still had to bring them up.......

• I'm okay with idols not writing their own lyrics. It's mostly how this industry works, especially for the girl groups. I agree with you. It's just funny how some blinks seemingly didn't give a damn about songwriting idols but when their faves start to do it, it's so amazing and praise worthy. You guys should be consistent.

We don't care, but considering BP has been dragged for years for not doing it, we will praise them now that they are doing it.

Let's not go there... blinks are proud because Blackpink has expressed their desire to have their own lyrics in their songs, and then they finally are able to and get credited for them, we like to acknowledge it so what's so wrong about that?

Also, blinks make it a point to praise them because this is the stance antis use to shade them and drag them, so we'll praise them as much a we want.

ofcourse its gonna be praise worthy if theyre our FAVES smh. she never mentioned bp so your obsession is showing.

if your bored go stream hwaa.

We are praising them for this because antis always shaded them for not writing their own songs, calling them mere idols as if being an idols was degrading. Another reason is that we're happy they're finally able and confident to share their personal works with us

I can see where you're coming from, but I think op's message was that an idol shouldn't be bashed if they don't write their songs

• WHO?

Am not even going to answer that question.

Doesn't matter.

To be clear, everyone can praise whoever they want. I'm just surprised that some blinks get so hyped up by their faves writing some stuff when a few months ago, maybe a few weeks even, they didn't even care about it. I saw on this very forum some blinks dismissing the songwriting credits of others, because it wasn't that important, it was irrelevant or things like that. Then all of a sudden it's such a great feat. That's not consistent is all I'm saying.

• Even if they write them, a lot of times companies reject the songs too. Like JYPE rejected this what the actual fk?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also Day6 mentioned before they wrote over 100 songs before 'Congratulations' got approved so the criteria might be very high for songs to get approved. Even now in an interview for their Gravity album Jae mentioned that they wrote like 30 - 40 songs and submit it to the judging panel and only 6 songs made it to the album.

• Even if they write them, a lot of times companies reject the songs too. Like JYPE rejected this what the actual fk?

Also Day6 mentioned before they wrote over 100 songs before 'Congratulations' got approved so the criteria might be very high for songs to get approved. Even now in an interview for their Gravity album Jae mentioned that they wrote like 30 - 40 songs and submit it to the judging panel and only 6 songs made it to the album.

There are always some rejects songs. Bands tend to write more material than they eventually record.

What I don't understand though is why a band with actual musicians is treated like an idol group where the company overlords get to say which songs will be on the album and which won't.

In the metal scene, and the rock scene in general, it doesn't work this way. Bands write their material and decide themselves what will be on the album. The only obligation they have towards the record company is to deliver a certain number of albums.

• There are always some rejects songs. Bands tend to write more material than they eventually record.

What I don't understand though is why a band with actual musicians is treated like an idol group where the company overlords get to say which songs will be on the album and which won't.

In the metal scene, and the rock scene in general, it doesn't work this way. Bands write their material and decide themselves what will be on the album. The only obligation they have towards the record company is to deliver a certain number of albums.

I don't know what goes behind the scenes or whether they need to like fight for a song to get onto the album. But at least I'm happy they have the creative freedom to at least write and produce their own material.

Oh wells if those songs didn't get approve they can just perform it in concerts I guess or release them as solo demos like Young K did for his

• As idols, not important. After all they are just idols and most company’s don’t make it a requirement

But as a musician or an artiste, I think it’s a drag if you don’t have song writing credits in some of your songs. There’s some sort of pride and a sense of accomplishment that comes with making your own music. You’d be hard pressed to find popular acts these days who don’t have any writing credits in their works. I mean obviously they are gonna have some ghostwriters here and there

• Good pop is good pop and being a great performer is an art within itself no matter who wrote the music or lyrics.

But the overwhelmingly dominant group in kpop and honestly pop mostly writes their own lyrics. That doesn't really mean anything by itself and using it to drag other artists just because is stupid and just kpop fanwarring being fanwarring. Still, it's normal for a very successful group to become a 'standard', especially if they're very successful for an extended period of time.

In terms of using it to shade others: Not saying this is a good thing, as this topic coming up a lot shows, but ARMY using it to differentiate BTS comes from years of endless undermining of their success and impact, so the way to fight was to use the things that make them stand out and probably contributes a lot to their success. This includes the lyrics, the topics they write about and their authenticity. The rise of other groups with strong writers on their team, like Skz and Gidle, support the idea this helps create a winning formula. And kpop is tanking in Korea mostly, anything to stand out is good.

Often tho' it's just the usual kpop race to the bottom and a response to drags from another fandom. (Since ARMY are definitely not the only ones who use that any longer)

• Tbh it doesn’t matter much, a lot of popular Singers around the world had Ghostwriters... that obsession about writing your own music is pushed by people who want to exclude certain artist from their musicality to make their faves look better.

Edited once, last by channiieK ().

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!