Jimin Bar's Weibo Account Suspended For 60 Days

• It has started.

It also has to be said that what they were doing was already banned but they choose to do it, but it seems like the measures are getting harder.

Translation:

It has been brought to our attention that [Jimin Bar] had organised non-compliant fundraising campaigns back in April, including one which funded a 'custom airplane'. Recently, [Jimin Bar] had also promoted the result of such campaigns on Weibo, which included contents that encourages [unhealthy spending behaviour], seriously misguiding [its followers]. As a result, Jimin Bar has been suspended for 60 days, and all relevant posts have been deleted. Weibo strongly opposes such inappropriate fan-culture, and [Jimin Bar] has been punished in accordance.

Soure: https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4678020176283331

• Good, ban more. These illegitimate sales are ending. Sales manipulation from China is ending. Your faves will be beyond fine and massively successful regardless.

The worse thing is that probably those aren't even sales, solo bars use almost all their money to make a measure dick contest with the other solo bars. So they use it like Jimin's bar, to put jimin face to an airplane.

• Are they being punished for past actions? That's ex post facto.

No, I think the custom airplane was still delevoping, and for the fundraise, those methods were already banned since the milk scandal, I just think they are being more severe.

Yeah, I just checked. Jimin's birthday is on October 13. And the project is ongoing right now, so it's not ex post facto. I thought it had been back in April.

• also i thought that only minor couldn't use their money on idols now but adult can still do it no ?

It's something complex, is like they can't do certain fundraise campaings and encourage unhealthy spending behaviour.

For what I've read, adults can buy albums, donate to charity and to fundraise campaings that will go to charity, but they can't bulk buy even if they have the money.

• kinda extreme, but not really sad that solo's can't to this whole 'who has the biggest bday project' competition anymore.

Btw, curious if this rule gonna count for the expensive personal presents too or just the huge projects.

I feel like the photos of the plane came out after the rule change which falls into the bragging about their spending thing or whatever it was.

• I ain't said about it. Who is next?

Btw, font colour for translation isn't visible on light themes, i had to "select all" to read it

So there's something written on the thread post? ;( I wanted to ask why everyone seemed to know what this was about when op only posted a twitter link.

Edit: nevermind, it's an ongoing project.

To be fair, its not like it being in the past is something that would stop the ccp from doing what they want in anyway. Im more surprised its only a 60 day ban and not permanent.

• I ain't said about it. Who is next?

Btw, font colour for translation isn't visible on light themes, i had to "select all" to read it

So there's something written on the thread post? ;( I wanted to ask why everyone seemed to know what this was about when op only posted a twitter link.

And what I should do, serious question, because I see it.

• When I first heard of this project I wanted Hybe to sue their ass. Because it was illegal deal between the bar and the plane owners. Jimin bar also hired a professional PR company for this deal. Sorry but I don't believe that both parties didn't earn money illegally using Jimin pictures.

And even tho I usually don't mind who spend they own money on what, but those bars do earn money on events/merch using the members image.

So I will be very happy if it will all get banned.

• Can't honestly say I'm sad about this.

Also was this project selling tickets and merch with Jimin's face on it? So literally the airline and bar making a profit off of him?

• Hmmm it will be more things like that, even more with whole censorship so if someone will report any toxic or even bit offensive comments then fanclub accounts on weibo will be either banned for some amount of time or closed and deleted from platform...

I'm still curious how they plan to follow and check who is buying what. Maybe they will leave alone tose who are bulk buying as individuals but will more focus on those big ass container shipments for fanclubs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I still don't know how they will control k-pop fans, chinese idol fans now are attached to the companie of the star, so if fans do something wrong companies are also held responsible for that, but if they are fans of idols from another countrie, I don't know how they will held them responsible.

• i have always disliked the solo bars dick measuring contest when it comes to idol birthdays but it still is wrong for them to be shut down by the government. If it's money raised legitimately, they should be free to do stupid shit with it if they want

• I didn't know China was cracking down on their own stars. That seems counterproductive, but then again maybe they want the bad guys out of their country.

This is dividing me

I don't know how much it will last, they are going against huge stars and huge companies because they have more power than them with the youth.

But if they could go against the Alibaba guy, they can go against anyone.

• When I first heard of this project I wanted Hybe to sue their ass. Because it was illegal deal between the bar and the plane owners. Jimin bar also hired a professional PR company for this deal. Sorry but I don't believe that both parties didn't earn money illegally using Jimin pictures.

And even tho I usually don't mind who spend they own money on what, but those bars do earn money on events/merch using the members image.

THIS!!

• I didn't know China was cracking down on their own stars. That seems counterproductive, but then again maybe they want the bad guys out of their country.

This is dividing me

It's because Kris Wu's fans were posting on Weibo that they were going to break him out of prison.

• people should be allowed to spend money however they want, it's so weird so many of you are against censorship like this just because you want this or that fav to sell more than fill in the blank group.

Since when isn't K-pop all about K-pop? I doubt K-pop fans actually care about real world issues. They're only used as a weapon.

Chinese totalitarianism is a real problem, but I don't think a K-pop forum is the right place to discuss about it.

Probably can't sue, or attempting to sue would cause more harm than good. Plus why would hybe care to sue? A major airline having their idols image on a plane is a massive boost for them both in recognition and financially.

Secondly it would be a slippery slope on if they could sue, because a airplane to the corporation is a personal vehicle, just like your car is your car, if you wanted to name your Car Jungkook and literally paint him on it, there's nothing they could do about it. No court or judge could tell you to remove your paint job, now if it was something offensive then yes then you can be sued for libel etc

• Didn't know what's that airplane project, but does suspension of a c-bar stop the project itself? Looking at comments here it seems like not, then what's the point? I mean, since c-bar got what they planned to do perfectly done anyway. But it's interesting tho, cause ever since news about fan culture restrictions in China started I've been wondering what will happen with idols' bars and will they be able to do all those support, birthdays, etc projects and bulk-buying of albums.

Yeah I saw knets reacting to the plane earlier this week and I will say, it's a lovely livery...but c'mon do they think Jimin realistically cares or not?

Well, Jimin recently said that he liked fans' song project for him, I am pretty sure such things do encourage fans to do projects to be noticed by idol. Or things like when ppl saw Kook's face when his ad made by fans was shown on some music award show and he saw it - these things surely would boost fans' ego and make them and their doings feel validated.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!