BLACKPINK almost final Lineup… you think this would have worked?

• Tbh, no.

There's a reason why Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé and Lisa became the BP today. And its because they have individual outstanding charisma that the other girls doesn't have.

I cannot just see Miyeon in BP.

Vocally, Rosé owns the character and flavor of BP songs.

Dancing wise, Lisa stands out.

Visually, Jisoo and Jennie stand out.

Personality wise, the 4 girls attract different types of people.

Jinny could have been a good rapper but then BP has Jennie and Lisa who handle the raps.

Blackpink is perfect as a four-member girl group. JenChuLiChaeng completed the puzzle.

• if any of the eliminated girls did debut with Blackpink, you might not have said that they dont fit. In fact, Jinny and Miyeon are in groups doing similar concepts, proves that they are actually fit for the Blackpink concept and highly likely to be able to blend well into the group. BP will likely be able to do as good as currently but I think keeping group size at 4 helped in a way as it is easier to gain new fans who are not open to larger groups.

Miyeon has very distinctive vocal color, and is more ear-friendly than Rosé (sorry, I'm a fansé but this is the truth). If she indeed debut with Blackpink, probably we will have Miyeon as main vocal and Rosé as Lead Vocal/lead dancer. Then Jennie would likely not get many singing lines. It will probably balance off the line distributions on early days. But i can see the reason of Rosé over Miyeon, as miyeon's dancing skill is just average. In GIDLE, it is not as obvious as there are 6 of them and majority of time she is shoved to the side or hidden (alongside Shuhua which is also an average dancer). In BP, if the group size is kept at 4, Miyeon's weakness will be exposed.

Jinny is a very good rapper and versatile. She will fit BP very well but i can see why she was eliminated. Jennie is obviously YG's princess, she 100% will debut. Lisa vs Jinny, Lisa has more advantage, Lisa is foreigner and she could open gate for SEA and international appeal. Lisa is also a better dancer and performer.

If they are part of BP, I do think that they will fit super well and add colors/diversity to the group. But 4 members maybe worked better than 6. At least the individual members are more well known on their own, and they are all now ambassadors of luxury brands. If they are 6, there could be one or two members being left far behind in the popularity contest

• At least the individual members are more well known on their own, and they are all now ambassadors of luxury brands. If they are 6, there could be one or two members being left far behind in the popularity contest

That’s very true, with more members 1-2 would have been left jobless and BP as four already get the bare minimum.

• If Miyeon became part of BP, she wouldn't still be the main vocal. Rosé will still be the main vocal because of her more distinctive vocal tone and technically, she's better than Miyeon.

I get what you're saying. But what I am saying is that Miyeon wouldn't really stand out vocal or dance wise. Honestly, even G-idle, Yuqi or Minnie's vocals stand but despite Miyeon being the main vocalist. She might have given more flavor into the song but I honestly can't just imagine her voice in BP songs.

And yes I agree with Jinny being a good rapper and versatility. But BP has Jennie and Lisa to take care of the raps and has more charisma and stage presence.

Anyway, BP became a four-member girl group for a reason. Blackpink is just really meant to be for Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé and Lisa. I might hate YG but he actually did the right thing to keep BP as four.

• We wouldnt really know what would happen if they stayed in YG and ended up in debut line. I like them as four now but it is always fun to imagine if more members debut with them :-P

Imo, Miyeon is technically a better vocal as she is super stable and not pitchy (but not a good dancer). Rosé tends to be more nasal on higher notes which sound harder on ear, I am saying this with Rosé as my bias. Rosé actually sounds much better in mid range or even low range (watch her covers in sea of hope, she slayed Because I love u)

Actually i could imagine Miyeon's vocal in Blackpink song, because she covered Park Bom very well in Fire during Queendom, and Bom would naturally fit super well in any Teddy songs. But honestly, Rosé has much more stage presence than Miyeon. Miyeon really needs to work more on her expression and charisma. In her group, she is easily outshined by Soyeon, Minnie, Soojin and Yuqi.

• In a group of 7 you could hide Miyeon dancing.

In a group of 5 it would be a little more difficult (she was the last one to be cut right?)

Lisa is definitely the better dancer, she is far and away better than all other 3 BP members.

Jennie is very good, Rose is good, Jisso is the weakest link, but she is probably better than Miyeon.

I do not know about the other 2 girls, I guess one is Jinny from secret number, I still do no know who the 7th girl is.

E5ip467WUAAcYXK?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Exactly I agree. Miyeon is also shoved to the side or back because dancing is her weakness. I recall people actually criticised Jisoo when in the debut days her dancing skill wasnt on par with other members. But jisoo is so hardworking, her dancing skills improved drastically, especially with DDDD/Forever Young era

Actually till this day we still dont know the reason Miyeon left. Many said that she was supposed to debut but she left last minute. Many rumors about her leaving because of dating but it was debunked. If she was indeed eliminated, it is likely she didnt impress YHS back then like Seungri did to keep him in the final lineup.

• honestly, I like miyeon she is my favorite member in G idle and tbh Rosie is not even my bias, so I'm actually unbiased but Rose's voice is more unique than Miyeon's tbh. I didn't like Rose's voice at the beginning as much but she has gotten so much better and her voice is more pleasant now and has a nicer vocal color.

I guess it's a matter of preference when it comes to vocals

Jinny is not as good as Jennie or lisa though she is pretty decent not denying that she has skills (she trained in YG after all) but she still would be a bit behind them in terms of rapping.

Jennie didn't make it only because she is YG's princess she is a well rounded idol

• As a group yes, but I don't think that they would have the same individual brand power. Less akgaes as a pro.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We wouldnt really know what would happen if they stayed in YG and ended up in debut line. I like them as four now but it is always fun to imagine if more members debut with them :-P

Imo, Miyeon is technically a better vocal as she is super stable and not pitchy (but not a good dancer). Rosé tends to be more nasal on higher notes which sound harder on ear, I am saying this with Rosé as my bias. Rosé actually sounds much better in mid range or even low range (watch her covers in sea of hope, she slayed Because I love u)

Actually i could imagine Miyeon's vocal in Blackpink song, because she covered Park Bom very well in Fire during Queendom, and Bom would naturally fit super well in any Teddy songs. But honestly, Rosé has much more stage presence than Miyeon. Miyeon really needs to work more on her expression and charisma. In her group, she is easily outshined by Soyeon, Minnie, Soojin and Yuqi.

No. Actually, Rosé is better than Miyeon technically. She is nasal but she supports her notes compared to Miyeon. Even in G-idle, Yuqi is technically better than Miyeon despite her being the main vocal. Though there's just a small difference.

Rosé's low range is very airy. Its not even her strongest range. She sounds good in low range but its her weakest range. Even in BP, Jisoo's low range is better than Rosé's. But Mid range is truly her stronger range. And her higher range is getting better now that she is able to support higher notes though still inconsistent but more often supported than before.

I agree that Rosé has more charisma and stage presence than Miyeon. She just attracts people with her aesthetic and elegant aura.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!