Why Are You Attached to Blackpink's Music?

• So, I got into an argument with an toxic blink, over BP the other day, and a few other nice Blinks tried to stand up for me. Though it did not work I ended up spilling a little bit of why I love the group so much and that I just don't publicly talk about them a lot due to how some Blinks are acting. But then my friend had me thinking, in his stream the other day. Why am I hiding this? Why am I not acknowledging why I am attached to their music? It only becomes a bad thing if I head the direction of obsession and attacking others for no reason.

So for me, I was in a very dark place in all of 2016 I had gone through a lot of rough stuff, most notably an not so nice ex boyfriend who would not leave me alone, among other things and I was very very sad all the time (rightfully so now looking back with all I had going on for an 18 year old girl who already had a rough childhood in an out of foster care). I ended up watching Blackpink debut and I was enjoying their music, I even bought their debut physical EP. They ended up burned along with a lot of my clothes and belonging by the ex I mentioned earlier after he broke into both my home and my biological mother's, the police did nothing (Only a couple of my albums survived this as they were in my best friend's car from a road trip). A week after this the MV for Stay came out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This stayed on repeat for weeks and was what I listened to as I walked back to my mother's place, which I had been working on moving the rest of my belongings out of as I gotten booted from where I was supposed to live due to the incident mentioned. I had also lost access to my transportation due to the incident. He did not get arrested due to his step father being a former officer in Saint Louis. (He is in prison now for a very long time, thank all of the gods). I would play this song anytime I had an panic attack or saw his vehicle pull up to my work or anything, to zone out for a few minutes and calm myself. After Kill this Love I kinda only listened to Blackpink rarely which hurt to do because I enjoyed them but they were heading in a direction I did not really like (their B-Sides were still A+ though), I ended up coming back with The Album and HYLT. I do not want to make this too long but for me their music along with many Sistar, and Kara songs, were on repeat more than anything else during those 4 months before I finally got them to leave me alone (for at least a year and a half before they contacted me right before ending up in prison). So when someone tries to say I hate BP or that I am an anti just because I acknowledge they have some things they are not the top at, it upsets me. I am not going to go into more details than I have but just know I understand that sometimes music is the only thing keeping you from breaking or falling down a dark rabbit hole. If you are having one of those times now feel free to reach out and I will try to provide any resources I can find in your area to help!

Feel free to share any of your stories below <3

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• a lot of anti's use what you said as a means to drag the girls and i misunderstood your intentions im so sorry :crys:

No, it is a-okay I was actually not referencing you darling, I was referencing someone else who was much much worse than anything you said. Like they got very very hostile. :waterr: You are okay, I tried to explain myself and you just were in a defensive mood, you did not go to the extent of insults and threats. After I fully explained it, I feel like you understood I love them but cannot blindly say they are the best at absolutely everything, although that is easy to do as a fan sometimes. I have to understand reasoning and other stuff showing sometimes they are second and that is okay, they are still great!

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• Blackpink has become very mainstream where I live and they're not my number one group anymore but they will always hold a special place in my heart. Blackpink was the first kpop group I ever listened to, liked, or even knew about. I was playing Just Dance 2019 and I decided to dance to DDU-DU-DDU-DU. At first, I was super confused. I didn't even know what language they were speaking in! :D;(

But then I went and looked up 'BLACKPINK.' This was before Kill This Love came out so I listened to Square Up. And I loved it. Forever Young was my favorite song and taught me to live in the moment, for we won't actually be forever young. Really made me feel carefree and relaxed. See U Later made me feel confident and proud of my accomplishments.

At the time I was (and still am) going through a really hard time. I would cry daily, never truly feeling like I had a purpose in life. Blackpink's music comforted me. The lyrics, the beat, the everything! I would smile when I went home and did my homework while playing their music. The music would understand me when my family and friends didn't.

Now, I do prefer other groups to BP but I will always remember them as the musical artists that changed my life for the better, introducing me to a style I didn't know existed. Thanks Jisoo, Jennie, Rose, and Lisa. You guys really made me excited to live. I don't know if I'd be here without you. <3

Atiny ♡ Nctzen ♡ Stay ♡ Once ♡ Insomnia ♡ Tomoon ♡ Midzy ♡ Army ♡ Blink ♡ Luvity ♡ Gem ♡ Ghost9 Stan

• Image result for hug gif

I was in AP classes in high school because I put a lot of pressure on myself to succeed. I know it may be stressful but you got this!

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• For me, it's about song quality. BlackPink has come with some high caliber Hip-Pop tracks. Not many groups are doing that effectively on a global or universal level right now. The select BP songs that I ❣️, I can listen to far into the future.

• For me, it's about song quality. BlackPink has come with some high caliber Hip-Pop tracks. Not many groups are doing that effectively on a global or universal level right now. The select BP songs that I ❣️, I can listen to far into the future.

The way you worded this sounded elegant. I love it

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• oml seeing all of your stories make me want to cry 😭

my reason sounds so basic and cringey compared to all of yalls.

I remember watching d4 and feeling super empowered. That year, I had important exams and I felt so stressed out and thought I was incapable of passing. I'm an average to good student, but during exam season, I, for some reason, get really hard and negative about myself. I remember discovering d4 and ktl and boombayah and feeling so empowered and idk how to explain this, but also energetic. Now before you call me cringey, just know, that it wasnt just the music that resulted in me getting good grades. Obviously I worked hard and that's what got me my good grades that year, but sometimes just hearing that you are capable and strong and more than what you or other people see you as can be life changing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!