what are among the national hit songs by boy group ?

• g.o.d. (1st-gen Nation's Boy Group):

1) To Mother

2) One Candle

3) Love and Remember

4) Lies

5) Road

- Many of their other title tracks are #1 hits, but probably not national-level.

EDIT: Added links to english subbed M/Vs. The thing that made g.o.d.'s songs great weren't just the music, but also the lyrical content. Their songs struck at the heart of listeners everywhere, old and young.

• SJ-Sorry Sorry

2PM-Heartbeat

2AM-Can't Let You Go Even If I Die (SOTY Daesang winner on GDA 2010)

'TVXQ-Hug & Mirotic', 'Beast-Fiction' and 'Infinite-The Chaser' were pretty big as well Ig, not sure if it's a national hit level or not tho.

• I think definitely SHINee's Ring Ding Dong

And maaaaaaybe UKISS's Man Man Ha Ni (?)

This thread made me realize that even though boy groups typically have the bigger fanbase, stronger fandom, better sales etc, there aren't too many songs by them that are as big of a hit as girl group songs. I can list maybe 20 girl group national hits off the bat, but boy groups...oof. It's difficult lol. Especially when we exclude Big Bang and people already commented the ones I can think of before me.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Five national level hits is insane. H.O.T only has 1 but that's normal.

• Five national level hits is insane. H.O.T only has 1 but that's normal.

Yeah, g.o.d. were really THAT group. It also helped that they weren't a typical idol group, in the sense that they sang about struggles of everyday people, rather than just stuff which appealed to teenagers. Especially since Korea was going through a hard economic recovery period, their songs helped to cheer and encourage people on.

• "To Mother" is about a child regretting how they treated their mother growing up, and appreciating the sacrifices parents make.
    • "One Candle" was about the importance of speaking up and lighting a candle in the darkness, so that others can join in your light and make the world better.
    • "Love and Remember" was a song about letting go of someone you loved but keeping the memories - could be applied to breakups, funerals, or just separations.
    • "Lies" was about breaking up with someone for their own good, so as to not hold them back, even if you still loved them. So having to lie that you didn't love them anymore.
    • "Road" was a contemplation of life's journey, and the choices you have to make along the road to an uncertain future.

All of these song topics are not your typical "idol" kind of songs... but they're the songs that stood the test of time. I liked what the Wikipedia article said about g.o.d.'s legacy:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!