Any kpop idols that can go on forever like Madonna?

• bands don't last for that long, at some point some of the members will not renew and they will disband.

True bands don’t last for long. But does BTS look like a typical band to you??? Already going past 10 years.

They have already shown they can do their own solo stuff on the side. The most possible thing that can happen is them having more time dedicated to themselves and coming back once in a while to make a comeback or go on world tours.

Till now even Backstreet Boys is still kicking and touring. I can see the same thing happening with BTS. BTS as a brand will never disband. They have become too big for that to happen to them. Hybe won’t even allow it.

• True bands don’t last for long. But does BTS look like a typical band to you??? Already going past 10 years.

They have already shown they can do their own solo stuff on the side. The most possible thing that can happen is them having more time dedicated to themselves and coming back once in a while to make a comeback or go on world tours.

Till now even Backstreet Boys is still kicking and touring. I can see the same thing happening with BTS. BTS as a brand will never disband. They have become too big for that to happen to them. Hybe won’t even allow it.

this is Madonna we are talking about, she is been kicking it for 40 years.

being popular isn't a valid reason. most likely it's not gonna happen. BTS might last for another 10 years on a good day. there are many reasons why isn't that possible.

i'm not a psychic neither you are, so only time will tell.

• True bands don’t last for long. But does BTS look like a typical band to you??? Already going past 10 years.

BTS debuted in 2013, they've been active for 8 years now.

Big Bang debuted in 2006 and their biggest hits came in 2015-2016, so BTS still has a couple more years to go to prove their longevity against even another BG.

Madonna's career is 39 years long. BTS needs to still be relevant in 2052 to match this.

• bands don't last for that long, at some point some of the members will not renew and they will disband.

That's up to them to decide. And soloists can also decide to not continue as artists. If Bts decides to be together for 25 years they will still be relevant.

• I doubt it tbh. Madonna has been dominating the music scene for nearly 40 years, even so grew up with her music in the 80’s. I don’t think anyone can surpass her longevity or popularity. She has certainly had an influence on musicians and fans alike and even at 62 is still rocking it.

• this is Madonna we are talking about, she is been kicking it for 40 years.

Your logic and opinion doesn’t make room for any debate. It is talking about possibility not which act is already at Madonna’s level

being popular isn't a valid reason. most likely it's not gonna happen. BTS might last for another 10 years on a good day. there are many reasons why isn't that possible.

i'm not a psychic neither you are, so only time will tell.

It’s 2021 and kpoppies still think BTS relevancy amount to just popularity lmaoo.

You have just been skirting the issue though. You have not made any valid point about why you think a group like BTS will disband. :confused:

The guys themselves said they wanna do music together into their 50s. Unlike a random kpop user on a forum I’m gonna take the guys own words over yours.

9CD7175B-A2FC-4F74-BDBF-59C23C3490C7.jpgDF16FFD6-6E10-4A4F-A1E0-5A6EC17431EB.jpg48F3AF92-EA90-4212-866C-7141C8A9EAED.jpgB20DA74D-17BD-4DAD-B93F-121393A77239.jpgA795ACA4-AEC4-4802-8E99-EFA2C4B3E5E6.jpg42B736E8-AC84-4B5D-8B08-E202B15405A7.jpgF145216D-F649-479D-83D3-18133D02B74E.jpg

They aren’t disbanding anytime soon lmao.

• Hyori is the first korean celeb to win music and entertainment daesangs, as well as the first singer to win first place in music shows in the 90's, 00's,10's, and 20's

The 2nd celeb who ever win daesang both in music and ent is kim jung kook

Top 5 Solo artists with most wins on music shows (2019)
    1.IU (54 wins)

2.Psy (51 wins)

3.G-dragon (28 wins)

-Lee Hyori (28 wins)

4. Taeyang (24 wins)

5.Rain (23 wins)

-BOa (23 wins)

just on april 2021, IU already got 85 wins

• Madonna pushed boundaries and challenged society, church. Became spokeperson of gay people when everyone looked down on them and stood for hiv patients , when it was called gay disease.

She pushed her sexuality to extreme and sold a sex book lol

She went dangerous

She wasnt making safe music and staying in her saint image. Iu comparison makes no sense.

Can iu push boundaries like Madonna and still have a career? Na. She is good at what she does

But she is no Madonna either music diversity wise or image wise jeez

• Pushing boundaries in music is what matters, not social activism, which after all could be for promotional purposes.

Madonna recently got stomped for trying to play the woke-victim of masculinity-card.

And anyway to compare that, you have to consider the cultural setting too, S.Korea is far more a sane-conservative society, than the loony-liberalism of the US. Where it is gotten so worse, that a N.Korean escapee is reminded of the censorship in N.Korea, while studying in Columbia.

In US culture, to go against/rebel against the traditions-history of the country/culture is valued, that is not the case with S.Korea to a comparable extent.

It is futile to compare artists or anyone outside their core skill, what next - that Madonna can lift more weights than IU?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!