BTS “ Butter VS Dynamite

• Butter is one of the best K-Pop songs I've ever heard, Dynamite wasn't something I got into

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• It is really hard to choose.

9 months later and the Dynamite effect is still strong in the sense that it makes me want to dance and it lifts up my spirit every single time.

But Butter feels more BTS than Dynamite was and that makes me like feel nice in a familiar and comforting kinda way. Plus, the whole vibe feels more mature pop to me and this is what I wanted BTS to do after Dynamite.

So, I can't choose yet.

• Butter. It is an exhilirating ride. It has so many high points that I cannot tire of it. Not one part that I can dislike or find a flaw in. This is what I wanted Bangtan to show the world and I am so glad that people will see this side of theirs.

• I enjoy reading this. I currently still fall down as thinking Dynamite is slightly more complex as a song and I appreciate that but the pure longevity of Dynamite shouldn’t be discounted. The fact that it’s been played to death and people love it still should not be played down - that’s proof of a really truly classy pop song. It is both simplistic yet so cleverly calculated to appeal. That’s skill in itself.

• I’m with you on that last point, for sure. Also, if you don’t love either and prefer other things! Then, fine! The beauty of BTS discography is that they have so many different moods and styles.

• I think you're making a lot of assumptions about what people "really" think, tbh. Just because you prefer Dynamite, doesn't mean that a decent portion of the majority who disagree with you are being disingenuous.

Like, when On came out, it was clear that most of the fanbase preferred, at the very least, Black Swan.. But I also saw plenty of people who preferred Boy With Luv. I didn't see any politics of people wanting to push On.

Speaking for myself, I always thought Dynamite was a bad song and said so from the day it came out.

The poll is still as "lopsided" as it was when Butter came out. I suspect if you run the poll again a year from now, we're gonna get the same result, but I guess time will tell.

• This comment is so unnecessary

The first poll that occurred I voted for dynamite because butter was still new and I couldn’t yet quite grasp it. After listening to it a lot it has grown on me and I have come to like it more than dynamite

Just because you prefer a song winning a poll does not mean you have to trash on people’s taste.

I wonder if the opposite happened and tons of people voted for dynamite whether you would have made this post. Also Butter is winning this poll again in a landslide

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!