What's your favourite book? and also what's the last book that you've read?

• As per title

The last book I've read is "The Hungry Caterpillar" to my three year old son but in a more serious note the real book that I've read is " the one who walks away from omelas" the book mentioned in BTS' song spring day.

The book I'm planning to read is Relentless - Forgotten Realms - Drizzt D'Urden fantasy novel

• Favorite book is a three way between The Stand, It, and The Shining :S

Last book I read was The Cutting Place

mystery crime thriller

twas good I liked it

• Read Timeless and Boundless in that order first if you haven't as Relentless is the final book in the trilogy.

Another Drizzt D'Urden - forgotten realms fan

OMG - I would have never ever in a million years thought I'd find one on a kpop forum hahahah

I have read every book in the series including timeless and boundless - I just haven't manage to get around to this one yet

• I read 'The hen who dreamed she could fly' by Sunmi Hwang today, it was very endearing and thought provoking. It's a children's book, and it might seem rather simple, but as a woman the messaging really stayed with me. Before that i read Born 1982 by Kim Jiyoung.

Next up is a re-read of A song of ice and fire as it's been so long since the last time and i'm still mad about the way the show did the last few seasons dirty lol. After that i'm thinking of reading The rape of Nanking by Iris Chang and then something more philosophical off of RM's book recs (though i haven't decided which one yet).

I don't really have favorite books, i just read and either like/love or dislike/don't get it.

hello

• I don't have a favourite book but I like to read books written by people about their job. These people tend to have a funny way of explaining their work and tell you about the weirdest things they encounterd while being at work. I read a bunch of these in German from people working at a retirement home, over people who work at the train company to a teacher talking about her job etc. It's super funny

If anyone is learning German and confident enough to read and understand or if someone of you is from Germany and needs books to read I can recomend you these 3 books:

Da kann ich ja gleich zu Fuß gehen! The funny stories of a guy working at the information center of the Deutsche Bahn, my favourite is the way he used to write about what type of passanger he had to deal with and I also liked how he described different parts of the day or year to explain to you as the reader what was going on in the situation.

Ich habe den Führer rasiert. The most funny and redicioulus storys of a man working at an retirement home. My most favourite story in that book is the one where a elderly woman couldn't enter her bedroom cause a old man with Alzheimer mistook her room for his and as they menaged to open the room's door she got so mad cause the old man who locked himself in her room wore her favourite pullover and she got so mad for it.

Für mich ist auch die 6. Stunde. The book is written by a teacher. She tells not only how she prepairs for work, what she learned during her studies before she was officialy alowed to work as teacher and what her collegues do at school, she also tells you about the funniest storys she has about her students.

I also really liked the book Wie der Wind weht Pinnball 1972 by Harumi Murakami. It was basicly the first of his books they translated from Japanese into German, but as I tried to read another of his works I got kinda bored easily cause he tends to change the entire feeling for his storys from book to book and maybe it's just cause of the way it got translated, but there are plenty of people online who say that they actually love his books so IDK but I can really recomend you to read this book if you find it somewhere and know enough German to read it.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• the first trilogy of a book series called The Selection is my absolute favorite books

the book im currently reading is called Not Even Bones so far, very interesting

• This is the list of some of the best books I ever read in my entire life

Perfume by Patrick Suskind - GORGEOUS masterpiece. Even if you watch the movie, the book still is an unique experience you never had before)

Fanny by Erica Jong - even though her most famous book is Fear of Flying, I fucking worship this one and it changed my life as a teenage girl. Words cannot describe the perfection that this book means to me and how it changed my life for better and how I never found similar again like this.

And Then Were None by Agatha Christie - Best. Suspense. Novel. Ever. Read it entirely in one seat.

Mysery by Stephen King - wait this is also one of the best suspense books ever made.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - most angsty romance novel I ever read. It's more about two lovers that will never be together because they are complicated and life put even more barriers between them. It's sad and beautiful at the same time.

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver - empty feeling that lasted for days after finishing it. I wouldn't read it again though. It's the type of book you only read once for your own sanity.

The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole - the most perfect medieval cliche book i ever read. It's mindblowing how it feels like it could've been written this year even though it's from centuries ago!!! It's like a super fun medieval movie with all the romance, villain, goth cliches you can think of.

Spartacus by Howard Fast - each character are so unique and complex and the meaning of the story will always be relevant.

There's more tbh I could go on and on. There's a lot of books I love but I guess these are the most impactful ones. Wish I could include brazilian books here but I enjoy more short stories and books meant for children/teens from brazilian literature.

Oh and last book I've read? Man it's been a while. I think it's A Dama Morcego by Giulia Moon. It's a book with short horror/fantasy stories.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

• My favorite book is probably Tuesday Nights in 1980. Its about 3 people in the art scene of NYC, in the 1980s like the book says. Its definitely not a well known book, but I like how most characters in the book are very unconventional and kinda...crazy. Dont judge me, I love crazy characters.

For example one of the main characters is an art critic with synaesthesia. Its a condition where your brain kind of mixes different sensory perceptions into one, and he sees things around him in different colors based on how they make him feel. So he decribes his wife as yellow for example (no shes not from the Simpsons).

The book I am currently reading is Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine. Its about a woman who lives a really boring life, no one kind of likes her, she gets drunk every weekend to be able to last until next week and man she has soooooo many issues. Thats what makes the book funny most of the time. She thinks like no one else out there, ehich makes most of the stuff she does look so absurd and weird lol. But it also makes you think about a lot of stuff...

• I really like your recommendations, very versatile. I have only read Perfume from that list and its one of my absolute favorites because its a book like no other in this world.

The Castle of Otranto sounds really funny, now I actually want to buy it.

• I really like your recommendations, very versatile. I have only read Perfume from that list and its one of my absolute favorites because its a book like no other in this world.

The Castle of Otranto sounds really funny, now I actually want to buy it.

Indeed there's no other book like Perfume! I forgot to add 100 Years of Solitude. At first I thought it was going to be a super boring book, but it's extremely entertaining and interesting to read. It's the saga of a whole family from start to end and each character is unique and crazy in their own way. It's funny, sad and beautiful all at once. From what you said in your previous post, you seem to love crazy characters so I highly recommend this book. Seriously, the best thing about this book is the variety and uniqueness of each character.

And about The Castle of Otranto, ahh do it! If you just want to have fun reading a book and nothing more serious, this is the one to go. An interesting fact: it's considered the first gothic novel and had a massive impact in the whole goth culture. While reading it, it felt more like I was watching a fantasy movie for all ages though, with the princess, the hero, the villain, the plot twists etc.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!