What's your favourite book? and also what's the last book that you've read?

• Also I said I had no brazilian book to include but I just remembered one that I love: Eu Receberia as Piores Notícias de Seus Lindos Lábios. Translated to english: I'd Receive the Worst News from Your Beautiful Lips. Yeah the book is just as beautiful as the title. It's about a forbidden romance between a photographer and a married woman. There's a movie, but I haven't watched it yet.

If anyone wants another romance book recommendation: The Song of Achilles. If you like greek mythology you should read it. One of the few books I've read in one sitting.

ok i'll stop for now lol

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Another Drizzt D'Urden - forgotten realms fan

OMG - I would have never ever in a million years thought I'd find one on a kpop forum hahahah

I have read every book in the series including timeless and boundless - I just haven't manage to get around to this one yet

Played AD&D 2nd Edition for a hot minute back in the day. Had to learn the rules and the lore quickly when I had to GM. Got an extremely used copy of The Crystal Shard from the Icewind Dale trilogy because group want to adventure in The Spine of the World.

• Played AD&D 2nd Edition for a hot minute back in the day. Had to learn the rules and the lore quickly when I had to GM. Got an extremely used copy of The Crystal Shard from the Icewind Dale trilogy because group want to adventure in The Spine of the World.

I have never played D&D before - don't much have the time but i would love to if i ever had the chance.

But I loved Baldur's date and its successors THAC0 for the win lol

I loved the Dark Elf Trilogy and ever now and then i still go back to read it

• Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Heart Stopper.

Last Book I read/ Currently Reading: If we were Villians by M.L Rio.

Other book I read/ Currently Reading: Heart Stopper #2 going onto #3 & Hollow Fires. -> (Although I'm not sure if they count because they are physical books but comics...)

• Currently reading Night Fall/Jiang Ye again from Mao Ni, but the one I would recommend is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It's a great story based on real life, and educational too.

TLDR; A medical facility and many others greedy SOB took advantage of a cancer patient's cell, to monopolize the industry- without the knowledge of her family. Her 'immortal' cell paved the way for advancement in medicine; Polio, HPV, etc.

---======---

• I really enjoyed reading a book called Rannvá.

Someone recommended that book to me once, and I didn't expect that I would like it THAT much.

The book is not translated to any other language though.

I just read some chapters of a non-fiction book about Danish kings and queens.

But the last book I finished reading was The Little Prince. I felt a bit... underwhelmed or something by the book, I guess I was expecting more. Even though I found it underwhelming, I don't think that the book is that bad.

• As an avid reader all my life, I don't really have a favourite book but the last book I read was The Mighty 747, all about Qantas in Australia. A very interesting read as I have a soft spot for jumbo's as I've flown on them.

• I also don’t have a favorite but several favorites for each genre of books but lately I read: non-fic, fantasies, and mysteries. Among my favorites recently, I will just recommend some randomly lesser known favorites and share what I am currently reading.

Non-Fiction:

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI-2017- by David Grann. Everyone should read this book.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks was also very good as another user shared.

British - Fantasy:

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susana Clarke - what an absolute masterpiece! It is not easy to read because the author uses Victorian English and lots of details via footnotes and for many, it takes time to get used to- but if you love word play and wittiness and when you get going - the story is incredible. Her other book Piranesi is also amazing but not quite as epic.

Sci-Fi Dystopian (US):

How High We Go In The Dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu - this one was an experience - I went through all the emotions. Read it at the beginning of the pandemic too.

Political Satire:

The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil by George Saunders - so funny and so many truths! Great fun to read - I loved it.

US fantasy: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch - it’s actually a series and so far 3 volumes but it’s the best fantasy with lots of genre mixing. Fast paced, great characters/friendship, really funny, and high adventure.

Chinese fantasy - 花千骨 by Fresh 果果

Hua Qian Gu by Fresh Guo Guo is still one of my favorite Xian Xia novel. The book is amazing and got me reading Chinese novels again and it’s infinitely so much better than the drama adaptation (Journey of Flower).

I also agree that Mao Ni’s Joy of Life and Nightfall series are very good.

Crime/Police fiction:

Force of Nature - Jane Harper

It’s number 2 in a series but you don’t need to read in order (different cases). This book is stronger and better than the first in the series. Solid mystery!

Currently reading:

The Priory of The Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon - very good fantasy series with dragons.

• the last book i finnished was set in south america. It was about a lost mayan town, that u could only acess through a moche pyramid underground , and there was this gold like substance that could bring people back from the dead and that changed with influence of human thought. And it was a disappointment because it was cool and all but not imaginative or anything. Just read like a common action movie.

I am reading yukio mishimas spring snow right now and its better. the characters are acting like dumb teens and ruining their lives but in poetry.

i don't have a fave book

• I'd like to read it too. After your review even morе. I enjoy all things book related, and I had to write an article about life https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/life It's wonderful that I came into examples that helped me a lot in my work.

• I don't have a favourite book though little women, Anne of green gables and the kite runner are definitely up there, I adore the harry potter, percy jackson, lord of the rings and game of thrones series as well.

Recently I've read the Pachinko Parlour and I who have never known men (I read the translated English versions first then the original French for both books) and I re-read The Little Prince.

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• My favourite book is probably the first Hunger Games book or the first Twilight book, and the last book I read was "My Life with the Walter Boys" I liked it a lot. I rarely read though, I have a short attention span.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!