Question about Kang Daniel Gaon points (even Lim Young Woong)

• So Kang Daniel new song got 54 million points on gaon, a number post reform that neither IU nor BTS could get.

I want to break down the components:

1. The song is non existing on streaming chart, so I believe major of the point is from BGM and download.

2. I am not sure how big the BGM chart effect, but I dont think it has much impact to get this many points.

3. Download: this one a very tricky one, I dont think Daniel fanbase is any bigger then BTS or IU. I believe if download can drive the Gaon points this much, Korean Army already done that long before. Even Life goes on for the first 2 weeks (10 days tracking) combine just barely around this number, even LGO had better streaming number.

So I think there will be 2 options:

A. Fans bought digital downloads on all the platforms that counted towards chart. But I dont think Army has not done this, consider how huge the army is.

B. Unlimited download from a strange source which allow fan buy multiple copies of the same song. Something BTS did for their web store. But again, if BTS fans know about it, they already mass bought before.

What do you think? :eyes:

• Anyone having more points on GAON than IU and Brave Girls in 2021 is strange case.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

It's just fans mass-downloading. That's literally all lmao

There is no point in mass-downloading anyway, as the song will most likely free-fall and drop the next week. Fans don't have enough money and time to continue mass-downloading for the rest of it's chart run. It's not smart in the long run.

I'm pretty sure this Gaon thing is only a recent issue, I don't remember anything like this happening when I started tracking charts. So there's no point in bringing BTS into this really. As for IU, she has a large fanbase but I don't think they're as dedicated as Kang Daniel. You underestimate the dedication most BG/male soloist fandoms have.

• It's just fans mass-downloading. That's literally all lmao

There is no point in mass-downloading anyway, as the song will most likely free-fall and drop the next week. Fans don't have enough money and time to continue mass-downloading for the rest of it's chart run. It's not smart in the long run.

I'm pretty sure this Gaon thing is only a recent issue, I don't remember anything like this happening when I started tracking charts. So there's no point in bringing BTS into this really. As for IU, she has a large fanbase but I don't think they're as dedicated as Kang Daniel. You underestimate the dedication most BG/male soloist fandoms have.

So you said army does not care about downloading the song so it could get higher points on gaon? Army keep streaming every day, even organise time frame to mass stream to get over uls in a certain point of time. The reason dynamite keep rose up in top 10 due to fandom mass stream in critical moment to get it past other songs. So Army already got on board with download part as well

• Official Post

So you said army does not care about downloading the song so it could get higher points on gaon? Army keep streaming every day, even organise time frame to mass stream to get over uls in a certain point of time. The reason dynamite keep rose up in top 10 due to fandom mass stream in critical moment to get it past other songs. So Army already got on board with download part as well

Did you even read what I said eye-

:pepe-life-support:

• Only GAON can tell us. I mean it also makes sense from your point, every fandom can try that way to increase the download, the difference only on the fandom's tenacity and dedication. I think many big fandoms have that thing.

• Kang Daniel won a survival show. Produce 101 season 2 was a phenomenom in S.K. He was the It Boy of S. Korea, Wanna One even rivals BTS popularity there during it's ran. He was the most popular member by a high margin.

Survival show breeds dedicated fandoms. As evidenced by Enhypen. Well, Kang Daniel had the most dedicated fans. He was self-employed, he didn't get much screen time in the first few episode. It was when fancams came out that he went viral, in a massive way. He was cute and sexy, a talented dancer with loads of charisma, great stage presence, he had great body proportion, 60cm shoulders, like Jin, tall, and long legs like a model. He started working at 15 as a construction worker, waiter, etc. Lived in a small room, where students lived. Everyone knows how Koreans love hard workers. I heard his fancams got hundreds of million of views in Naver tv. Hard to believed, but he was even more popular than the show. So he won produced. He became the center of Wanna One.

His popularity skyrocketed even more when he joined a variety show. Where the general public went crazy over him. They like his personality and next door boy good looks. He became S. Korea's It Boy. Was and is still called Nation's Center, Nation's Idol, God Kang Daniel, Nieri, Nielmoyed, because he look like a Samoyed dog., and many more. He was number 1 in brand ranking reputation before Jimin. He has a lot of CFs, high paying ones, he's in a lot of magazine covers, he still has 5 CF endorsement to this day. He sold out products the way BTS does in SK. He was in variety everyday. His name is mentioned a few times a day in media even today. He trends multiple times in twitter. He was the measurement of success used by talk show host. Kids love him, noonas, mothers, grandparents love him. He was the Nations Boyfriend. Fan boying him became a family activity. He was the Olympic representative, he was the Busan ambassador. There was a Daniel Kang fever in the whole country.

Then Wanna One disbanded. The party ended. His company screwed him over, sold his contract rights to third parties without his consent, his company by the way owned CJ, owners of Mnet, those snakes. He had the courage to fight for his freedom, at 22 years of age. He sued, he won, which is a big deal, as he only came from a poor family originally, he only got GED, it was a story of good beating evil. Daniel vs Goliath. Mnet parent company got pissed and blacklisted him. Created fake news, gossips rumors that try to destroy him, antis joined them. But nothing stick. He has a very good, clean, likable, sweet personality. The gp loves him.

He wasn't able to go to variety anymore tho, he can't promote music. He decided to open his own company, to debut as a solo artist, in July 2019, fans supported him, they bought a then record breaking 500k+ albums for his support. They had a long wait for content from him, so they did all they can to show support. Then Dispatch, owned by CJ/Mnet, those disgusting peace of shit, exposed his relationship with Jihyo of Twice. One week after his debut. 😭

All Hell broke loose, antis had a field day, cyberbullying him. Some fans left, mostly teens. It got so bad that he suffered from depression and panic attacks. He had to take a hiatus from the industry. The fandom became over protective of him after that, because they almost lost him 2 times.

After he comeback. They showed full support. That's why he has won Music awards every comeback, since debut, 14/16? Music awards, since his solo debut. He sold 1 million+ albums in 1 year, after his debut. Near 2 Million album sold this April, not bad for a 24 years old, male, solo act, without big company backing. 😉

Kang Daniel and his fandom had gone through so much. Throughout it all they've been very loyal, hard working, dedicated and willing to spend money on their idol. They've learned what is the most important, supporting their Nieri. They don't join fan wars and mostly stay in their corner and only comes out to defend their faves.

I read other fandom are always surprised when Kang Daniel won awards while their group can't. It got ugly sometimes. Same thing as what's happening now. People wonder how Kang Daniel gets this achievements. Suspicious of his success. Post like this. 🙄

If you support your faves, and not an Army, work hard, you'll know Danity, because you'll always face Kang Daniel and Danity, when it came time for comeback and award shows. One thing of note is Danity skews older, in their 20s, and older. They have people who has money to spend, and they'll willingly spend money on Daniel. He's still very popular in SK and SEA. His Chinese bar bought a lot of albums for him and donated a lot to fundraising efforts held by Danity. He is not that popular internationally.

Tldr. Kang Daniel has a very dedicated, domestic, loyal, hard working fanbase. They got the record in Gaon by mass downloading. They not only won in digital, they also top the download chart and top the bgm chart. Top Genie. Top youtube views this week. Those combined managed to break the record IU set. Army's and other fandom focuses on streaming.

Thank you for reading.

Ps. Karma is Danity. Produced 101 vote rigging scandal happened and produced groups got banned in music award shows and got blacklisted by broadcast companies.

Edited 8 times, last by marchex ().

• So just you know when you almost lost your idol 2 times and when your idol face injustice from the industry and hartred from basically every other fandoms then you'll understand what dedication mean.

And for accusing our fandom union of cheating, just know that Daniel's anti are also really dedicated and already reported our fanbases to higher authorities months ago, they already got investigated and came out of it clean.

We have nothing to hide, we are probably the fandom that post the most receipts of every transaction of money we do because we have to protect Daniel from these massive antis fans only looking for 1 mistake.

• So you said army does not care about downloading the song so it could get higher points on gaon? Army keep streaming every day, even organise time frame to mass stream to get over uls in a certain point of time. The reason dynamite keep rose up in top 10 due to fandom mass stream in critical moment to get it past other songs. So Army already got on board with download part as well

No, Dynamite isn't mass streamed on Melon to get back in top 10, Melon is UL-based now. Streams don't mean shit

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kang Daniel's Gaon chart has had gradual improvement in the past year. Yellow album's lead single, Paranoia, really did very well attracting new fans back in February. A lot of Youtube reactors rave about it. It won 3 Music Show Awards.

It's a very good depiction of anxiety, depression panic acttacks, fears that Daniel experienced himself. Very cinematic, and oddly enough, it's a bop. Daniel did a great job acting, and performing the song.

External Content youtu.be

• some of you all really underestimate daniel and k-danitys, He is way too huge and his fandom is very dedicated..

even a dating scandal in early career with the most popular gg's leader couldnt keep him down for long..

these kfans work strategically and downloaded songs from various platforms, leading to high points

• You can catch a glimpse of Kang Daniel's charm and appeal, on Jessi's Showterview. Watch how Jessi's heart flutter and starts to act like a young girl in love in front of Daniel. It's a very cute and funny interview. It went viral in S. Korea too.

External Content youtu.be

• That's what I call a very hardcore fandom. He peaked at #312 on MelOn with 22k ULs, but has more digital points than Lilac at its peak. It's probably mass buying.

You can also observe that by looking at the streams / unique listeners ratio of Paranoia (#9)

Ex3vxy_W8AIbc8o.jpeg

• It's because downloads weigh far more on the index score than streaming does. His fans mass download on Bugs and Genie.

You better check the chart, the song was NEVER NO1 daily chart on Bugs. The song performance is very normal on Genie. They only received 178k uls and 1.8 million stream on Genie up to now, which is no where near Dynamite. So that, my question is where the fan downloaded songs? Otherwise how the download so high that non of those chart reflected?

• That's what I call a very hardcore fandom. He peaked at #312 on MelOn with 22k ULs, but has more digital points than Lilac at its peak. It's probably mass buying.

You can also observe that by looking at the streams / unique listeners ratio of Paranoia (#9)

Ex3vxy_W8AIbc8o.jpeg

Where is the fan mass download? The song never no1 daily on bugs , even top 10 (the biggest download source) so where the fan actually downloaded the song?

• Official Post

Lol. Idk what happened with Daniel.

But the OP somehow trying to use that shade BTS is hilarious..

Right it's like something random happens....

Some people: "How can I make this about BTS and ARMY?1/1/1??!?/1/"

Living in their mind rent-free, as they always say.

• Official Post

You better check the chart, the song was NEVER NO1 daily chart on Bugs. The song performance is very normal on Genie. They only received 178k uls and 1.8 million stream on Genie up to now, which is no where near Dynamite. So that, my question is where the fan downloaded songs? Otherwise how the download so high that non of those chart reflected?

Genie and Bugs chart don't reflect downloads, they reflect streams per hour. It's that simple, fans download from those sites but they only reflect on the charts to a certain extent.

• Genie and Bugs chart don't reflect downloads, they reflect streams per hour. It's that simple, fans download from those sites but they don't reflect on the charts.

But they do weight in the download same as melon. You realise non of those charts based solely on streaming, they still need to cooperate with download. Thats why new song always shoot to no1 Bugs. A song never in top 10 daily bugs, top 50 flo and top 100 melon but snap no1 genie and Gaon?

Edited once, last by Stan19 ().

• Take a shot everytime OP mentions BTS for no reason, but make sure to have lots of water on hand

• You better check the chart, the song was NEVER NO1 daily chart on Bugs. The song performance is very normal on Genie. They only received 178k uls and 1.8 million stream on Genie up to now, which is no where near Dynamite. So that, my question is where the fan downloaded songs? Otherwise how the download so high that non of those chart reflected?

This indeed worth to highlight.

If downloads are high, they should be reflected on the daily chart.

• That is indeed an interesting question, if it is just because of downloads as some are saying what's stopping groups with big fandoms to do the same? Even if Kang Daniel fandom is big, BTS one should definitely be much bigger.

Daniel's fans are mostly older women with more purchasing power

Lim Young Woong the winner of Mr. Trot who is mentioned in the thread title, should have much more fans in that age bracket.

• as odd as lwy looks, daniel make him look like your decent chart performance as his debut was still in the streaming chart (40-50) and he is still to this day charting in every korean chart areound 20-30

daniel is nowhere and its been a week, well maybe in genie at 7 am

• as odd as lwy looks, daniel make him look like your decent chart performance as his debut was still in the streaming chart (40-50) and he is still to this day charting in every korean chart areound 20-30

daniel is nowhere and its been a week, well maybe in genie at 7 am

Daniel has been all last week #1 on Genie daily charts and he is still currently at #12

• this culture of mass downloads doesnt sit too well with me. i know its how fans profess their love for their idols, but you can use album sales to achieve that (they probably earn more from this too). with all the chart reforms, digital performance is supposed to not only serve as a reflection of gp interest, but also for key performance indicators for artists and their companies. these profit-driven companies will think that their recipe for production style, musical direction etc. for this current 'successful' song' is going in the right direction, given the skewed digital performance, and try to recreate similar success, when in reality it wasn't even that popular among the masses. the bulk of income that idols get, aka CFs, also rely on such metrics to predict idol popularity, and volatile/ suspicious numbers will make them wary of signing a deal (their target audience isn't just kpop fans, but the general public). recent sajaegi scandals don't help either and its getting more difficult to prove if digitial numbers are fan-driven or bought. in the short run, yes you may celebrate the short-lived success of your ults, but it really just hurts them in the long run. i really don't want any idol to suffer this illusion of chart success that jeopardizes their career.

• this culture of mass downloads doesnt sit too well with me. i know its how fans profess their love for their idols, but you can use album sales to achieve that (they probably earn more from this too). with all the chart reforms, digital performance is supposed to not only serve as a reflection of gp interest, but also for key performance indicators for artists and their companies. these profit-driven companies will think that their recipe for production style, musical direction etc. for this current 'successful' song' is going in the right direction, given the skewed digital performance, and try to recreate similar success, when in reality it wasn't even that popular among the masses. the bulk of income that idols get, aka CFs, also rely on such metrics to predict idol popularity, and volatile/ suspicious numbers will make them wary of signing a deal (their target audience isn't just kpop fans, but the general public). recent sajaegi scandals don't help either and its getting more difficult to prove if digitial numbers are fan-driven or bought. in the short run, yes you may celebrate the short-lived success of your ults, but it really just hurts them in the long run. i really don't want any idol to suffer this illusion of chart success that jeopardizes their career.

Thank you for your concern. Don't worry about sajaegi. Daniel has too many dedicated haters, that any sign of it would have them running and filing complaints. They had already. The fandom had been most careful with their receipts. And brand reputation, Kang Daniel had always been at the top or near the top. As a male soloist in S. Korea he had won Brand Customer Loyalty for the year 2020 and 2021. He won the Brand of the Year Award 2020.

In 2018 he won the same award as the Male CF Model. He had been inactive most of 2019. But he had scored still a number of large, high paying endorsements, that was his debut year.

He is more famous as ever as a celebrity with the general public, and sold out all the products he endorses, and his variety appearances had always reach the highest rating ranking in its time slot, don't let antis tell you otherwise. It's just his music recognition that lags behind in. But he had still won 46 out of 68 Awards he had been nominated in. Let me say it as fact, he has a very large Korean fanbase, and they are part of the gp.

XRrGfpq.jpg

2YzGF06.jpg

GVMbdml.jpg

k6tn1M5.jpg

Oi7n5jA.jpg

He has also won the 2021 Korean First Brand Daesang Selected Brand.

D5bTCvG.jpg

If you wonder where his fans are, and why they aren't streaming. Well, it has been known since produce 101, that he has a lot of noona fans. Single ladies, working and able to spend money on their fave, just unable to stream.

This showed more clearly in his fan meeting in late 2019. The highest number of ticket buyers were in their 30s, followed by 40s, 20s, 50s, then the least 10s.

His variety guest appearance this month of April. Is in the top ten. As high as third place in top 10 tv ratings . Proving the gp loves him. Haters try to bring him down saying he had the worst tv rating and posting hate comments should shut up.

External Content twitter.com

Edited 6 times, last by marchex ().

• Not gonna lie it’s a little sus that he beat IU on the charts. His new song didn’t even chart in Melons top 100 yet he has the highest first week digital points ever on Gaon, eclipsing SOTY Celebrity and others like Rollin and Lilac.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!