Kim Jung Hyun is not at fault if what dispatch reveal is right.

• You might think that this is not an excuse for him to do such a thing.

However, when the girlfriend starts to control their boyfriend to do what they want like what Seo Ye Ji did to him, it is an acceptable reason.

You don't know how bullshit and ridiculous it is when you have a girlfriend like that.

Even drama shows a lot of this shit. The man is just scared of her.

Is just like a wife getting jealous of their husband when they are with cute girls.

• I agree, unless they had some kind of dom/sub type relationship, which I don't think was the case, then he was in a very abusive relationship. He sounds like he has a lot of issues, so I mostly just feel bad for him.

• ok but remember one thing that because of the situation he was in, he unintentionally hurt his co-castmate... which shouldn't happen

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree to a certain extent. If he carried on with that same behaviour, then it would say something about him, but he really seems like he has changed and is better. If I'm wrong about that, maybe the cast of mr queen will speak up about how it was with him on set, though they seemed close. Hopefully he regrets his old behaviour regardless. Seo Yeji definitely abused him when he was already in a vulnerable state of mind and unwell.

• Can someone explain what is going on? I only remember him for being super hostile toward

Seohyun years ago, and she is a total sweet heart to everyone all the time. Was he in an abusive relationship? If so screw Seo Ye Ji. I do not care how good of an actress you are you do not get to be an abusive person to your other half.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Ok. He had his reasons for doing what he did, no matter how ridiculous they are.

But at the end of the day, the staff and Seohyun were at the receiving end of HIS behavior and attitude and not his girlfriend's.

He is not at fault but he is not totally blameless.

• After reading the whole case A to Z and giving in some thoughts from other users’ posts, he’s not entirely to blame for this, but he’s also not totally innocent.

I pity him, really.

• He wasn't in a good place at that time and people shouldn't ignore that, however those are still his actions and he still hurt people, so he should apologize do them (maybe he already did, idk).

• Nah that's bs, he IS at fault for his own actions. He may have been in a toxic relationship but that gives him absolutely no right to treat a bunch of innocent people like shit.

Shifting all blame and responsibilities onto his ex basically infantilizes him as if he's a poor little angel that never did any wrong when clearly that's a delusion seeing as people were genuinely hurt and the drama was heavily derailed as direct consequences of his actions

• Nah that's bs, he IS at fault for his own actions. He may have been in a toxic relationship but that gives him absolutely no right to treat a bunch of innocent people like shit.

You do know there is something called manipluation hes not blameless but he was in a pretty bad place and has changed since then from what im seeing?

• He should still apologize to seohyun even if he was doing that because of being in a bad mental health state and toxic relationship. She was hurt and humiliated.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Obviously, the fact it was revealed he was controlled by his abusive gf changes everything. I can't blame him. I remember I was defending him when my cousin and fellow Sone bashed him for his attitude towards Seohyun at that time. Tho the earlier info that resurfaced lately got to me (even though I knew it's his company smear plan), I couldn't help but resent him because I felt bad for Seohyun.

Although I will give all of them the benefit of doubt because all these headlines and articles could be exaggerated. These texts are not screenshots but rather paraphrasing the actual conversation. Maybe it's a little exaggerated.

Jealous gfs/bfs like that are scary. I never guessed Yeji to be the jealous type but I can believe it. However, the texts seem unreal like a jealous gf may say something like "don't touch the females" or something but why would she tell him to act grim and rude to staff? this part seemed a bit off to me. As if they want to shift all the controversy's blame on one person.

I am not accusing anyone tho. I used to like all of them. :pepe-sad:

lt64IYu.gif

• Official Post

I somewhat agree. Clearly he was in a very abusive relationship, these types of relationships usually have one person being super manipulative towards the other. I pity him, really.

However, he should still apologize considering Seohyun was hurt by his actions. At the end of the day, it was him who hurt Seohyun, not Seo Yeji.

Even the other staff noticed how rude his behaviour was at the time. I'm pretty sure he only had positive interactions on the Mr. Queen set. He should apologize if he really regretted what he did at the time.

Seo Yeji should apologize for her abusive and manipulative behaviour as well. She was my favorite actress for a while, so this is disappointing.

• if the chats leaked by discord are real he is to blame

it looks like he was going along, and reciprocating it.

at the end it was him hurting seohyun, not his girlfriend, not matter how toxic she might have been

I guess people see what they want to see I dont think he was really going along and she was leading it.

Also you need to add in he had health issues and was in a bad mental state so easily manipluated.

I agree he takes fault for hurting people and takes some blame but doesnt deserve to have his career ended.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This adds a bit more context.

• I think he already apologized but maybe a more personal one will go a long way.

• I don't think she held a gun towards his head and forced him to treat people like shit. They're both to blame.

read this thread.

Im just saying if genders were reversed how different would people act.

• Do you know what a toxic and manipulative relationship is? Especially since he was in a bad mental state? Sure she didn't threaten to kill him, however she most definitely coerced, guilted, threatened in other ways that are harmful.

I know how toxic relationships work but I will never be able to understand why people chose to stay with such people. I can openly admit that. I lack empathy when it comes to such things. Also, it's obvious to me, that she's mentally sick too. That's why, again, both are to blame.

• I know how toxic relationships work but I will never be able to understand why people chose to stay with such people. I can openly admit that. I lack empathy when it comes to such things. Also, it's obvious to me, that she's mentally sick too. That's why, again, both are to blame.

Because it’s not so easy as “get up and leave” OH MY FUCKING GOD! Abusers and manipulative people know how to trap you. Know what to say, what to do so that it’s your fault, or you’re too scared to leave or any possible tactic to keep this person under their thumb.

It is never that easy. And yes you lack freaking empathy.

• External Content twitter.com

read this thread.

Your "if genders were reversed people would act differently " doesn't work on me. In the comment above you'll see that I don't understand why anyone, be it male or female, would stay in a abusive relationship. It's something I will never understand hence why I lack empathy in those cases. And like I said, she's obviously mentally ill too. Both are adults, both made mistakes, that's why both are to blame.

• Because it’s not so easy as “get up and leave” OH MY FUCKING GOD! Abusers and manipulative people know how to trap you. Know what to say, what to do so that it’s your fault, or you’re too scared to leave or any possible tactic to keep this person under their thumb.

It is never that easy. And yes you lack freaking empathy.

yeah like I already said, I don't understand it and never will.

• Your "if genders were reversed people would act differently " doesn't work on me. In the comment above you'll see that I don't understand why anyone, be it male or female, would stay in a abusive relationship. It's something I will never understand hence why I lack empathy in those cases. And like I said, she's obviously mentally ill too. Both are adults, both made mistakes, that's why both are to blame.

Its because they get manipluated into thinking everything is fine you can see that if you read this twitter thread.

• Official Post

You said it. The general reaction would probably be very different if the genders were reversed, kinda sad. I don't think we would be seeing comments like "No one was forcing him to bully her" or "He could've just left her", if Seo Yeji was the one being manipulated.

• She was thought she was telling him to ignore people and asked if he touched people etc..

No honey the rude behavior is he's own responsibility, people are trying to put all the blame into his girlfriend when it we all know that his agency was the one that reported the rude behavior , did his girlfriend tell him to be rude to the agency as well ? I don't think so.

• I might not have been in an abusive relationship, but my parents are both narcissists and my dad is also most likely a psychopath, so really its not that far off how I had to grow up compared to being in an abusive relationship.

And let me tell you one thing, no matter how controlling someone in your life is, at the end everything you do is still your own choice.

I have lived like that and yes it is fucking scary and absolutely mentally draining to always have to hide the smallest things and restrain yourself from very normal stuff just to not offend another person who basically thinks they own you. Yall can believe me that I absolutely get it.

So I do think that we might cut him some slack. Its not an easy position to be in and I would not view him as 100% at fault if everything is true.

At the same time I would also never lift him of all blame. At the end of the day he still chose his own convenience above the mental wellbeing of people who did not have anything to do with their toxic relationship to begin with, and other people where hurt because of that and had to pay the price.

You guys should stop viewing all victims as helpless babies who stop having any control over their life. Its not like that.

• I can’t agree at all. There are many people in abusive or manipulative relationships. That doesn’t mean you should go around being terrible to other people. It’s also funny because I’m constantly hearing “if the genders were reversed” as an excuse but that’s unfair because no matter what the gender is nobody should allow for others to be mistreated just because you’re going through an issue. If that’s the case, accountability would almost cease to exist. Yeah, she was wrong, but he was also wrong for his actions. Clearly, he knew his actions were wrong as well. At the end of the day, she wasn’t on the set with him. The texts showed that as she asked him. A little kindness to others would have went a long way. He didn’t need to have to have an attitude to the whole set and writing team if she was just jealous of women. Both were the issue.

Edited once, last by FSXP ().

Shifting all blame and responsibilities onto his ex basically infantilizes him as if he's a poor little angel that never did any wrong when clearly that's a delusion seeing as people were genuinely hurt and the drama was heavily derailed as direct consequences of his actions

But seo yeji clearly wanted to involve other people as well. He clearly isnt blameless because that was his actions, but let's not act like he's not INFLUENCED.

Yeji CLEARLY demanded him to be rude towards THIRD PARTY. And could only be appeased when she knew that he was being rude (like she said "just make it hard for them when they talk to u first").

Are we just ignoring that? This aint just toxic relationship. Yeji involved other people in this indirectly.

• But seo yeji clearly wanted to involve other people as well. He clearly isnt blameless because that was his actions, but let's not act like he's not INFLUENCED.

Yeji CLEARLY demanded him to be rude towards THIRD PARTY. And could only be appeased when she knew that he was being rude (like she said "just make it hard for them when they talk to u first").

Are we just ignoring that? This aint just toxic relationship. Yeji involved other people in this indirectly.

And he acted on her wishes. He didn't have to but he did.

• And he acted on her wishes. He didn't have to but he did.

And he was clearly desperate to make the relationship work. It's not like he didnt try to form camaraderie with seohyun because he did.

212a64a8bc462f04ced25dc4288da4d91dbc37001ef0072baaab35806e89b9d1.gif

He was desperate and manipulated and in turn acted bitchy. You're equating a psychopathic behavior to acting bitchy. I know he's not innocent, he hurt his coworkers. But your lack of empathy for this situation is just???? Even staff of seohyun, who hated him, still said he was having problems with his relationship that turned into unprofessionalism.

With this line of thought, is self defense wrong because they acted on it? Is being gaslighted wrong because u believed it? Jesus....

• I can’t agree at all. There are many people in abusive or manipulative relationships. That doesn’t mean you should go around being terrible to other people. It’s also funny because I’m constantly hearing “if the genders were reversed” as an excuse but that’s unfair because no matter what the gender is nobody should allow for others to be mistreated just because you’re going through an issue. If that’s the case, accountability would almost cease to exist. Yeah, she was wrong, but he was also wrong for his actions. Clearly, he knew his actions were wrong as well. At the end of the day, she wasn’t on the set with him. The texts showed that as she asked him. A little kindness to others would have went a long way. He didn’t need to have to have an attitude to the whole set and writing team if she was just jealous of women. Both were the issue.

Okay but not everyone is the same and reacts the same way when they are being abused or manipulated. You're holding everyone to the same standard. You said yourself "no one should allow for others to be mistreated just because you're going through an issue" but clearly Kim Jung Hyun was being mistreated but that's okay with you because why? He obviously behaved differently at the start of the drama with the staff and with Seohyun. He was kind in the beginning. So his rude behavior isn't his true character. He was being manipulated. Period. He hurt Seohyun. That much is true. But let's not pretend he wasn't a victim as well.

• Several people willingly tried to take over the US gov because trump told them to. His supporters are highly manipulated and influenced. Does that make their action excusable for you?

Everything is a case by case basis but for this situation I've already laid out my opinions so it's unnecessary to come up with hypothevisls

I understand his situation was toxic and that is wrong but at the same time like I said he still acted out the whims on his crazy ex. And supposedly to this day he's never been remorseful (Seohyun expunged all trace of him and she's one the absolute nicest people in kpop meaning she still feels hurt) so it's not like he even acknowledged he did wrong. That's why I don't have much empathy for him.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!