Seo Shinae spoke about the Soojin bullying rumors + one bully from sj alleged iljin group apologized

• Actress Seo Shin Ae speaks up regarding her time attending middle school with (G)I-DLE's Soojin

AKP STAFF 1616725448-20210325-seoshinae.jpg

On March 26, after nearly a month of silence, child actress Seo Shin Ae has finally spoken up regarding her time attending Wawoo Middle School with (G)I-DLE's Soojin.

The actress wrote:

————————————

I don’t know but I do not think that a public actress with a career of over 10 years would lie easily about this or what do you think? I would like to stay neutral since Cube has taken this to court but this is controversy has taken quite a turn

• So basically this actress is just salty that soojin allegedly called her unpretty behind her back 10 years ago when they were kids in middle school?

Where's the school violence, physical assault, stealing, planting cigarettes and what not rumors that were spread about soojin just because of this actress's past vague cryptic posts, in the end it all comes down to "she allegedly taked behind my back and called me unpretty behind my back bla bla bla".

• So basically this actress is just salty that soojin allegedly called her unpretty behind her back 10 years ago when they were kids in middle school?

Where's the school violence, physical assault, stealing, planting cigarette etc rumors that were spread about soojin just because of this actress's past vague cryptic posts, in the end it all comes down to "she called me unpretty behind my back bla bla bla".

Verbal assault is a thing? It was the worst part when I was bullied so stop trying to be a “suck it up” person. I do not even want to talk about soojin but in general

• Verbal assault is a thing? It was the worst part when I was bullied so stop trying to be a “suck it up” person. I do not even want to talk about soojin but in general

Then the accusations should have been like this since the bbeginning and not of false school violence, Physical violence, extorting money and stealing etc

• So from what I get from her post, this is just some petty high school shit talks that happened between teenagers. She’s clever for not mentioning SJ and kept it vague enough for people to understand her post that way, she wouldn’t get sued by Cube.

Edited once, last by kwally ().

• Verbal assault is a thing? It was the worst part when I was bullied so stop trying to be a “suck it up” person. I do not even want to talk about soojin but in general

Then the accusations should have been like this since the beginning and not the false exaggerated ones school violence, Physical violence, extorting money and stealing etc

• Then the accusations should have been like this since the bbeginning and not of false school violence, Physical violence, extorting money and stealing etc

But she never said that herself? I do not get it why you use a 3rd person’s testimonies who have nothing to do with her post to invalidate her post. Yes, some accusers might have said wrong things (as pointed out by both parties in the end) but this case still has taken a turn. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people throw away their morals just to defend someone. Not saying that she is a bully (Seriously I could care less) but the accusations itself (not including her or anyone but just the actions itself) should be faced seriously and not with a “suck it up” or whatever.

• A public figure going against her like that.. I don’t think soojin can recover from this unless she can prove %100 that this actress is lying and this part: “I don't know what sort of 'evidence' or 'witness testimonies' they claim to have, but I question whether that individual's selective memory is truth enough capable of covering everything up. ” Shut down anything that can come out from soojin side.

I also worry for soojin mental health.. idk I hope they can all sit together and discuss this matter

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• A public figure going against her like that.. I don’t think soojin can recover from this unless she can prove %100 that this actress is lying and this part: “I don't know what sort of 'evidence' or 'witness testimonies' they claim to have, but I question whether that individual's selective memory is truth enough capable of covering everything up. ” Shut down anything that can come out from soojin side.

I also worry for soojin mental health.. idk I hope they can all sit together and discuss this matter

I agree with you. I am actually looking forward to the law suit since it is going back and forth and there is a lot in the unclear.

• Verbal assault is a thing?

Yes it is i'm agree with that. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and this should not be taken lightly. However 10 years ago, Soojin was 13 years old. Do we condemn someone their whole life for doing bullshit when they were young? I don't want to side with anyone. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and have difficulty recovering from it. But I like to believe that humans evolve throughout their life, and that they can change for good or bad, and for this reason everyone has the right to have a second chance I think.

I don't know if Soojin did anything during her youth, or how this actress experienced this harassment. All I know is that these stories took place at an age where we are still far from maturity. I think the two sides should meet in order to close this chapter once and for all, and allow everyone to move forward in the right direction by becoming better people.

Where's the school violence, physical assault, stealing, planting cigarettes and what not rumors that were spread about soojin just because of this actress's past vague cryptic posts, in the end it all comes down to "she allegedly taked behind my back and called me unpretty behind my back bla bla bla".

I guess Soojin and her fans deserve each other

• Yes it is i'm agree with that. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and this should not be taken lightly. However 10 years ago, Soojin was 13 years old. Do we condemn someone their whole life for doing bullshit when they were young? I don't want to side with anyone. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and have difficulty recovering from it. But I like to believe that humans evolve throughout their life, and that they can change for good or bad, and for this reason everyone has the right to have a second chance I think.

I don't know if Soojin did anything during her youth, or how this actress experienced this harassment. All I know is that these stories took place at an age where we are still far from maturity. I think the two sides should meet in order to close this chapter once and for all, and allow everyone to move forward in the right direction by becoming better people.

There is a clear difference for me between judging someone for their old actions and a public person being a bully. I mean, as I said before I have nothing against g-idle. I actually have a lot of their songs on spotify and I check their videos out and so on. What I hate in this controversy is how some people try to turn the allegations around (not saying who is right or wrong) into a “the victim is wrong” narrative. I have lost a lot of dear friends due to bullying where people said the same about them. I am against cancel culture but a bully being a public person especially in Korea where bullying is just ignored and not prosecuted, gives a wrong signal to all those people who live in fear and have a lot of mental problems from young on. I can only remember about 10% from my youth and that not because I forget things easily (i don’t) no it is because I have a long time trauma because some kids bullied me.

Edit:

Also thanks for stating your opinion in a very respectful manner. I want to know other opinions

I’m not saying that what is outlined above is true, but as someone who was bullied for years in school I’ve been left an insecure wreck at the age of 24 because my classmates and teachers would constantly put me down verbally, verbal abuse is just as damaging as physical

That’s all I wanted to say

• But she never said that herself? I do not get it why you use a 3rd person’s testimonies who have nothing to do with her post to invalidate her post. Yes, some accusers might have said wrong things (as pointed out by both parties in the end) but this case still has taken a turn. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people throw away their morals just to defend someone. Not saying that she is a bully (Seriously I could care less) but the accusations itself (not including her or anyone but just the actions itself) should be faced seriously and not with a “suck it up” or whatever.

If soojin did shit talked about actress behind her back like calling her not pretty then it was definitely wrong and inappropriate but thing which makes me pissed off is the way this actress handled the issue.

If the accusations were just direct and straight up like this since beginning that soojin talked bad about actress behind her back instead of being vague and cryptic then this situation wouldn't had blown so much. Soojin would had just apologized for her mean behaviour and everyone would had moved on.

The thing which made this issue so big is the false accusations of school violence, physical assault, stealing etc were being made on her because of which soojin can't even apologize because those weren't even true. If that actress actually came forward and clarified the issue then it wouldn't had got so ugly.

Trying to destroy someone's career just because they allegedly talked bad about you behind your back 10 years ago when they were just kids is also not right in any way

• I’m not saying that what is outlined above is true, but as someone who was bullied for years in school I’ve been left an insecure wreck at the age of 24 because my classmates and teachers would constantly put me down verbally, verbal abuse is just as damaging as physical

That’s all I wanted to say

Same, I have had to struggle a longtime with mental health problems even after my bullies apologized. This whole controversy is opening old wounds when I see how some people belittle bullying

• I get your points and I agree that the actress was very vague but maybe she didn’t want to get sued. I might be biased due to my experience and I was quite active in anti-bullying school organizations, so I might not agree with a lot of points that you mentioned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Well i can guarantee you that it's not easy to open up about a trauma at all, especially when some people consider it to be pretty simple and not worth all the fuss. Have you ever stopped to think for a second that not everything revolves around Soojin? The actress have her right to process things her own way without having to think about someone else, let alone someone who caused psychological harm to her.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I get your points and I agree that the actress was very vague but maybe she didn’t want to get sued. I might be biased due to my experience and I was quite active in anti-bullying school organizations, so I might not agree with a lot of points that you mentioned

I just want to say that the actress should have been straight up like this since her first post instead of being vague and cryptic. She should have just clearly said what happened between her and soojin.

Initially the accusations on soojin were very severe, false and exaggerated like school Violence, Physical assault, running a bully gang, extorting money, stealing stuff and what not and when soojin said that she didn't do these kind of things this actress posted "non of your excuses" in her Instagram which made knetz believe that all these accusations on soojin are true and soojin got insane hate and death threats and the actress didn't even bothered to clarify and just let the rumors spread more and more but now after this actress's clear statement it turns out that what actually happened is far from the accusations and rumors that were being spread.

SSA never accused Soojin of the other stuff. That was from the other accusers which Cube and their lawyers are currently in a stalemate.

• SSA never accused Soojin of the other stuff. That was from the other accusers which Cube and their lawyers are currently in a stalemate.

She didn't directly accused soojin but did that with her vagueness and cryptic posts

As i said earlier

Initially the accusations on soojin were very severe, false and exaggerated like school Violence, Physical assault, running a bully gang, extorting money, stealing stuff and what not and when soojin said that she didn't do these kind of things this actress posted "non of your excuses" in her Instagram which made knetz believe that all these accusations on soojin are true and soojin got insane hate and death threats and the actress didn't even bothered to clarify and just let the rumors spread more and more but now after this actress's clear statement it turns out that what actually happened is far from the accusations and rumors that were being spread.

If the actress had clarified about the false rumors that were being spread about her and soojin that soojin planted cigarettes on her and stole her stuff, did violence etc instead of just being completely silent and letting the fire spread then the situation wouldn't have got so worse

• Well i can guarantee you that it's not easy to open up about a trauma at all, especially when some people consider it to be pretty simple and not worth all the fuss. Have you ever stopped to think for a second that not everything revolves around Soojin? The actress have her right to process things her own way without having to think about someone else, let alone someone who caused psychological harm to her.

i completely agree with your view on trauma. however, the problem is the way she went about it. i've been through shit. real shit. and i'm angry at the man who took my childhood from me. but in no realm would i ever pull something like this. and yes, everyone handles trauma differently, but lashing out to thousands of people on social media isn't usually a result.

i'm not saying that nothing happened, but it is still considerably questionable. the issue though is that this became about soojin the moment she made those accusations. i think thebadguy understands what you're trying to say, but if anyone said that this didn't affect soojin's mental health too, they'd be lying.

i think this is just her nice way of avoiding a lawsuit while saving face. soojin's letter was detailed and precise.

• Wait, I'm confused how it's still SSA's fault...? IF what SSA says is true, Soojin could've pre-empted all of this by admitting (like how she admitted to smoking a few times) that she had said some mean things when she was young and immature that might have hurt SSA but didn't do any of the other things. Instead she doubled down multiple times that she had no interaction with SSA and feigned confusion why SSA would call her out on instagram, even demanding that SSA make a public statement. That's why now it's not a great reflection on Soojin (IF what SSA says is true). Because if Soojin won't even admit or "remember" verbally harassing someone for over a year, how can we trust she doesn't remember any of the other more serious allegations.

• Wait, I'm confused how it's still SSA's fault...? IF what SSA says is true, Soojin could've pre-empted all of this by admitting (like how she admitted to smoking a few times) that she had said some mean things when she was young and immature that might have hurt SSA but didn't do any of the other things. Instead she doubled down multiple times that she had no interaction with SSA and feigned confusion why SSA would call her out on instagram, even demanding that SSA make a public statement. That's why now it's not a great reflection on Soojin (IF what SSA says is true). Because if Soojin won't even admit or "remember" verbally harassing someone for over a year, how can we trust she doesn't remember any of the other more serious allegations.

Soojin said she has never talked with the actress and even the actress in her statement admits that its true that they never spoke, what the actress is accusing is that soojin allegedly talked bad about her BEHIND HER BACK, soojin didn't said mean things directly to her.

• "The individual who spoke of me always mocked and cursed at me for 2 years with her 'group' on the way to school, during breaks in the hallways, in the cafeteria, everyday, everywhere, saying, 'She's not even pretty so how is she a celebrity?', 'Her fame is already a thing of the past', 'No wonder she's an outcast', 'I don't know why the teachers always treat her so specially', repeatedly harassing me verbally. "

"The individual says that they do not remember, and they never spoke with me, and this is true. It was entirely one-sided verbal harassment. The individual continues to deny that they ever said those words full of scorn behind my back, which I find unfortunate."

Ok these two statements confuse me, its very obvious who she is talking about, however it says talked behind her back (so that mean Soojin never talked to her up front, so somebody must have said this girl is talking about you behind your back but she has no proof to show just word of mouth. Then she says its true Soo jin never talked to her, so how does she know Soojin actually did (I mean maybe she did who knows). The person or persons who told her this could be jealous classmates of Soojin or even that former friend, again we dont know obviously we didnt go to school with them.

This doesnt actually prove Soojin did anything, so it's all confusing.

• Soojin said she has never talked with the actress and even the actress in her statement admits that its true that they never spoke, what the actress is accusing is that soojin allegedly talked bad about her BEHIND HER BACK, soojin didn't said mean things directly to her.

If that really is Soojin's defense (I didn't talk with her, I just said mean things about her where she could hear), that's still not a great look. :S Soojin's statement made it sound like she had not ever done anything to SSA and she had no idea why SSA would want to call her out.

• ^yep. on top of this, there is not a SINGLE piece of physical evidence corroborating the accusations against her

• Soojin said she has never talked with the actress and even the actress in her statement admits that its true that they never spoke, what the actress is accusing is that soojin allegedly talked bad about her BEHIND HER BACK, soojin didn't said mean things directly to her.

I just posted the same sentiment as you, this doesnt prove anything.

• If that really is Soojin's defense (I didn't talk with her, I just said mean things about her where she could hear), that's still not a great look. :S Soojin's statement made it sound like she had not ever done anything to SSA and she had no idea why SSA would want to call her out.

This accusation that soojin ALLEGEDLY said mean things about the actress behind her back is still just an accusation and not confirmed yet.

It could be false too just like how dozens of other accusations turned out to be false. It could be that the actress is grasping on last straws after soojin called her out.

• This accusation that soojin ALLEGEDLY said mean things about the actress behind her back is still just an accusation and not confirmed yet.

It could be false too just like how dozens of other accusations turned out to be false.

I agree, that's why I said in my original comment IF what SSA said is true, there's not really a way for Soojin to come out looking innocent regardless of the other allegations. Soojin/Cube will need to respond strongly.

• If what the actress is saying is true you should be pissed off at your idol for not handling the situation well, if the name calling is true regardless if there’s more to it or not, Soojin is the one who fucked up. Your such a crazed delulu, holy fuck. Shameless. Continue the victim blaming, let’s see where it gets you.

• Then the accusations should have been like this since the bbeginning and not of false school violence, Physical violence, extorting money and stealing etc

Well just because a bully verbally abuses one victim, it does not mean they do not physically abuse another victim.

Talking in general, not specifically for these allegations.

• If what the actress is saying is true you should be pissed off at your idol for not handling the situation well, if the name calling is true regardless if there’s more to it or not, Soojin is the one who fucked up. Your such a crazed delulu, holy fuck. Shameless. Continue the victim blaming, let’s see where it gets you.

Here comes the hypocritical moron calling me delulu lol.

You showed your ass when you were trying to defend your oppas when they got accused of same things. Gtfo

• This thread contains 129 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!