Seo Shinae spoke about the Soojin bullying rumors + one bully from sj alleged iljin group apologized

• But she never said she was walking and heard her talking about her. Talking behind ones back can conclude to many things including hearing from someone else saying someone is talking behind your back. Best to see what Cube or Soojin says about this.

"The individual who spoke of me always mocked and cursed at me for 2 years with her 'group' on the way to school, during breaks in the hallways, in the cafeteria, everyday, everywhere, saying, 'She's not even pretty so how is she a celebrity?', 'Her fame is already a thing of the past', 'No wonder she's an outcast', 'I don't know why the teachers always treat her so specially', repeatedly harassing me verbally. Sure, it could just have been ignorant youth and jealousy, and they could have uttered those words without any second thought. But those words are still deeply ingrained in my heart as scars until today. The scars that accumulated back then have become a large bruise, and I eventually grew to fear people. Those fears then grew into trauma, changing me into an introvert and hindering my advancement into high school."

Talking loud enough for the "victim" to hear without talking directly to them can be considered as "talking behind my back".

• There won't be an evidence, its an old case. In fact many sexual abuse victims suffered because of the same thing. Victims tends to bury, forgot, and move on. When they're ready to speak about it, it will be many years later, and the police also court can't do anything. In fact people have tried to silent them again by giving expiration date for the suppressed memory deemed valid in court.

So we won't get evidence, maybe ever. That's why this kpop bully scandals is basically just war of words. But for this case, we have sse, people tend to trust her because she's spoken about it before, and she still did it despite the enormous hate she'll get afterwards with her career on the line.

• So from what I get from her post, this is just some petty high school shit talks that happened between teenagers. She’s clever for not mentioning SJ and kept it vague enough for people to understand her post that way, she wouldn’t get sued by Cube.

how is a petty when it's just one side continuously verbally abusing one person.....pretty much seems like they found a target and made sure to belittle her

• Staying neutral, anyone who is picking sides right now needs to stop. Now what I want to know is if what this actress says is true what does she want? Can Soojin ever apologize or does she just wanna put this out there. Also why is she refusing to outright say Soojin's name, I find that weird. The only way I could see this being solved is if other classmates speak up and say something in support of either person.

• Staying neutral, anyone who is picking sides right now needs to stop. Now what I want to know is if what this actress says is true what does she want? Can Soojin ever apologize or does she just wanna put this out there. Also why is she refusing to outright say Soojin's name, I find that weird. The only way I could see this being solved is if other classmates speak up and say something in support of either person

if she gives soojins name, she will be sued for defamation.

• Yes it is i'm agree with that. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and this should not be taken lightly. However 10 years ago, Soojin was 13 years old. Do we condemn someone their whole life for doing bullshit when they were young? I don't want to side with anyone. Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and have difficulty recovering from it. But I like to believe that humans evolve throughout their life, and that they can change for good or bad, and for this reason everyone has the right to have a second chance I think.

I don't know if Soojin did anything during her youth, or how this actress experienced this harassment. All I know is that these stories took place at an age where we are still far from maturity. I think the two sides should meet in order to close this chapter once and for all, and allow everyone to move forward in the right direction by becoming better people.

even though she was young and probably didn't know better doesn't mean she shouldn't be criticized or face the consequences of her acts. for some people, bullying/abuse can be some 'bullshit' they did when they were inmature, for others is a trauma they will have to endure their whole life. maybe in your thread you didn't want to take sides, but reducing a possible case of bullying as 'bullshit' or a 'young thing' is not okay...

• this accusation by actress reminds me of this pann post by a soojin's classmate (who knew both soojin and actress). The topic of that classmate's pann post and this accusation of actress seems kinda related.

in their post the classmate said that soojin had already stopped being with the group of girls who made mean comments on the actress even before the actress joined the school

• interesting...the case deepens...

Bop

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i dont get why some of you keep asking why seo shin ae is speaking up. cube and soojin literally asked her to speak up. they constantly name dropped her in their statements. now she finally did and knets are siding with her. soojin made it look like she never did anything to her. maybe she didnt remember because bullies often forget what they did

• for others is a trauma they will have to endure their whole life.

That's what i said in my post when i write "Victims of harassment remain scarred for life and this should not be taken lightly."

What i mean is all this happened 10 years ago, when the people concerned were 13 years old. And you want to judge them now that they're adults as if they were the same maturity at the time of the facts. It's always easy to say that you have to condemn someone, especially for something done when she was a CHILD. People change in 10 years...

Especially since in this whole story you all seem to have forgotten that no proof has been brought on either side. So it's word against word. With this nameless stupidity of the "cancel culture" people take on the powers of judge and believe that they are able to establish law and judgment.

The victim should be believed and everything she has suffered should not be taken lightly. But as long as she does not provide proof the accused must also be considered innocent otherwise it is all too easy.

In any case, Cube has taken legal action and it is now up to the Korean courts to make a decision.

• Staying neutral, anyone who is picking sides right now needs to stop. Now what I want to know is if what this actress says is true what does she want? Can Soojin ever apologize or does she just wanna put this out there. Also why is she refusing to outright say Soojin's name, I find that weird. The only way I could see this being solved is if other classmates speak up and say something in support of either person.

Her reputation is destroyed as of now. Unless there is very strong evidence to back Soojin up it's going to be really hard. Cube kinda asked SSA to make a statement I think? And now that she did it just makes things worse. Soojin denied a lot of the allegations although she did admit to some of them but it's more like she admitted to not being a good role model and occasionally misbehaving, she didn't admit to downright bullying.

Regarding SSA's statement not mentioning Soojin's name directly, initially at the start of the entire bullying scandal I was also wondering like yeah if you wanna do it why not out the person straight but I think it's because of the law in SK if she does it she might get sued so she has to refer Soojin as "the individual"

I don’t think it started as “what does she want” because she wasn’t the person who accused her rather she was dragged in. People were harassing her into making a statement and if she is actually a victim then it’s understandable that she is telling her story, even though she was forcibly put on the hot seat. It could be she is a victim and has no reason to deny the allegations regardless of if she receives an apology or not, her career is on the line so she might as well say it, but that’s all my speculations

In Korea, even if you’re telling the truth you can be sued for defamation, that’s why she isn’t mentioning her by name.

• Dispatch dropped 2 articles about it today, so... there seems to be no way out...

curious what will CUBE do now, will they release another statement or wait for court

• Well, I didn't expect this to drop in the middle of the night, if at all. Sure a statement from Seo Shinae was asked for. But I think I, like many other people, expected Seo Shinae to rather address the cigarette planting incident and the graduation letter incident. Anyway, so we're back strictly to the verbal abuse accusations.

What intrigues me the most with her statement is how it doesn't add up with previous accounts about Seo Soojin's behaviour at that particular time. Several people stated that at the time Seo Shinae transferred to Waw Middle School, Soojin already strayed away from her former group of friends. One key witness who claimed to be Soojin's closest and only friend at that time denied the accusations made against her. So how does it add up with Seo Shinae's statement that Soojin abused her for two years?

Of course, the anonymous users who testified in Soojin's defense might have been liars, just like some of her accusers were found to be liars. In any case, we're back to square one.

Another thing interesting I think is Seo Shinae confirming that they never spoke face to face. As she said, it was only shit-talking in her back. How much of this shit-talking did she hear firsthand, and how much has been reported to her by someone else?

I can't wrap my head around why Soojin would call Seo Shinae out if she's not certain of what she did do and what she did not do. It's just sounds crazy to me. Some are gonna say "because she doesn't remember". Please, if she indeed verbally abused the young actress for two years just like Seo Shinae said, I can't see how she would have forgotten it completely. She would have to remember, at least partially.

I'm curious to see how Cube are gonna react. If things happened the way SSA said they happened, I can't imagine Cube would have defended Soojin like they did. So they either have all the evidence and testimonies that prove otherwise, or they mostly trusted Soojin's word and were deceived. If it's the latter, we should know pretty soon as I can't imagine Cube would keep her any longer.

Oh and I don't think it's a problem that Seo Shinae still doesn't name Soojin in her writings. Everybody knows at this point, and even in a legal case I think who is targeted would be obvious to any prosecutor/attorney. So it's not something that should be held against her. I blamed her for not writing clearly what the fuss was all about; now that she did, let's move on.

In number theory, a perfect number is a positive integer that is equal to the sum of its positive divisors, excluding the number itself. For instance, 6 has divisors 1, 2 and 3 (excluding itself), and 1 + 2 + 3 = 6, so 6 is a perfect number.

Edited once, last by Alex_Murphy ().

• Im staying neutral for now but I think the actress wouldn't risk her career like that if it wasn't true no?

Soojin is the one who is risking her career, this actress got shitted by knetz in 2018 and has been jobless and unemployed since 2017

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Soojin is the one who is risking her career, this actress got shitted by knetz in 2018 and has been jobless and unemployed since 2017

External Content twitter.com

How Soojin risking her career? This phrase makes 0 sense

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!