Supernova back to PAK after 3 months

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Undisputed SOTY at this point

To those who are downplaying their success and say this is robbing empty house, we had all the top 4th gen GGs (NJ GIDLE IVE) + rising 5th gen GGs (KOL) releases during the same period but none of them able to dethrone or outlast Supernova.

It is very Impressive for aespa this year 2024. I hope everyone claps for their success and stop denying their achievement this year. MYs had tough years during Girls era. Thank you.

• going back to a PAK after several months is actually really impressive especially with all the new releases in between.

Supernova is turning out to be one of the biggest hits of 4th gen. I believe it’s 1 or 2 weeks away from breaking the record for longest #1 in Melon chart HISTORY. Just insane!

• Just one note: the releases of all 4th generation groups are weak. If they had released last year where every track was SOTY, they probably wouldn’t have been able to. But they are still great, Supernova is a great track and obviously deserves to win this year. :lighter-pepe:

• Just one note: the releases of all 4th generation groups were very weak. If they had released last year where every track was SOTY, they probably wouldn’t have been able to. But they are still great, Supernova is a great track and obviously deserves to win this year. :lighter-pepe:

This is what people said about every hit lol. No one ever accepts a hit is just a hit.

• Just one note: the releases of all 4th generation groups were very weak. If they had released last year where every track was SOTY, they probably wouldn’t have been able to. But they are still great, Supernova is a great track and obviously deserves to win this year. :lighter-pepe:

This is a big fallacy.

You are saying the songs are weak because they are underperforming on chart.

How Sweet and Supernatural are much better than Super Shy and their staying power is pretty much showing on K charts.

Accendio is one of IVE best title track but the messy promotional schedule ruined it + divided attention on HEYA .

Klaxon is just like your ordinary GIDLE fun summer song. It is no one fault that they choose to release a Queencard 2.0 but dont promote the max out of it cause they are rushing the release + near the end of their contract.

If the above songs are smashing and hit #1, you will see AKP calling them SOTY, better than 2023 etc etc (though i really think How Sweet + Supernatural >>> 2023 NJ. The fact Supernatural being a JP single can chart so good is evident of the song being good)

• Yeah I guess it might go on to be but we have to see the longevity so that’s why I’m curious about the trajectory compared to other hits. Doesn’t look like anyone compiled it might have to hit Reddit.

If you are talking in terms of how long the song is #1 it only comparable to ditto and dynamite.

Longevity the main thing. Song like love dive did way less weeks #1 but still ended up with huge number. Hype boy never even saw a #1 but still went on to become the gg song with highest circle points.

°˚°. ֆʊʍɨռ .°˚°

5833d7852c31276aed922e50136d5d85bb1baeb6.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv6301ea890b36bc8926f992c0cb6c5bf8b611a910.gifv6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 8e387380dca1924f23d81da5acf8e6cd9823bd0d.gifv

• Super Shy was much more successful than Supernatural and How Sweet, not only on the Melon chart, but all over the world. Although everyone's tastes are different, the result speaks for itself. Secondly, the megahit I Am - IVE was simply unreal, as was the album as a whole, if it weren’t for the mega cool Ditto it would have been a daesang. G-Idle Queencard > Klaxon, I actually didn’t really like Klaxon compared to Sticky. Last year was incredibly cool for releases for girl groups, Drama being one of my favorite releases. This year there is some kind of outlet for track lovers, which some enjoy and others don’t.

P.S. There are a lot of awesome tracks that don’t have PAKs, awards, etc. only because it is difficult for them to compete with viral tracks. H1-key is generally underrated because they are not viral tracks, but they have such cool music. It's good that Supernova was appreciated. :pepe-grooving:

• I think you’re insane 😭😭😭😭

Like are you demented.

You're uninformed and willfully ignorant when it comes to the data and other measurable statistics behind girl group songs and the groups themselves.

Supernova has a long, long way to go before being considered for biggest hit of the 4th generation, and I doubt it'll get there or anywhere close.

• How is this the song of theirs that does this? I will never get this song's hype . Am I just too old to vibe with this?? :aespa46:

Will it be the biggest hit of 4th gen yet or about the same?

Doesn't seem to be bigger than "Cupid" to be honest unless maybe you're containing this to SK, but I don't remember all the numbers off the top of my head.

• You're uninformed and willfully ignorant when it comes to the data and other measurable statistics behind girl group songs and the groups themselves.

Supernova has a long, long way to go before being considered for biggest hit of the 4th generation, and I doubt it'll get there or anywhere close.

In your pea sized brain maybe you think people are talking about total cumulative performance when referring to the biggest songs. But what can be expected of you you know nothing about popularity or stats or numbers.

The rest of us actually know how cumulative digitals works and are referring to relative performance at the respective week because we aren’t uneducated.

• How is this the song of theirs that does this? I will never get this song's hype . Am I just too old to vibe with this?? :aespa46:

Doesn't seem to be bigger than "Cupid" to be honest unless maybe you're containing this to SK, but I don't remember all the numbers off the top of my head.

Internationally honestly it’s harder to determine especially considering how numbers are inflated on YouTube and Spotify so right now I’m only referring to the Circle Digital Index.

• That is impressive.

Has any other song resumed PAKs and that too after 3 months gap? What has been the longest gap for such resumptions?

With due respects to Aespa, 2024 is rather a tepid year, in terms of ULs, streams etc., Hits don't seem as hard hits as in the past. True of even IU - LWA was fine, but compared to Lilac, Love Poem, Palette etc., tepid.

• In your pea sized brain maybe you think people are talking about total cumulative performance when referring to the biggest songs. But what can be expected of you you know nothing about popularity or stats or numbers.

The rest of us actually know how cumulative digitals works and are referring to relative performance at the respective week because we aren’t uneducated.

Calling your brain pea sized would be a massive compliment, so I appreciate the delicious irony of your cringe attempt at coming for my intellect, when you have proven yourself completely incapable of making an intelligible analysis of any numbers or stats.

And when someone who can do that shuts down your ignorant generalizations and claims, and none do it better than me, you just run to a new goalpost because you're too scared to admit when you're wrong, which is often.

You don't know shit about digitals. Period. I've schooled you countless times, but maybe you've gotten bold recently because I've been so relaxed and mostly placid lately. Don't ruin a good thing for yourself.

Supernova is a massive hit, but it is far too soon to even think of ranking it as the top hit of the generation. It already got unseated once by Lee Youngji, and it hasn't even been at a PAK this whole time, something Ditto did for three months straight, and Ditto isn't even the biggest hit song by NewJeans.

And I haven't even mentioned I Am or Love Dive until now.

Supernova needs longevity and impact to get into the upper echelon first and foremost, and then it needs to have measurables that compare to the actual biggest hits.

Hype Boy is already the second most streamed girl group song EVER and the most streamed song in Circle history. It spent 51 weeks in the top 10, and two years later, it's still a top 20 song.

That's where the bar is set. And Supernova is unlikely to reach it.

Go embarrass yourself in some other thread. Grown ups can talk charts while you make substance free blanket statements elsewhere.

I was content to leave this forum in peace for a while, but now I'm about to choose war.

:meme-smirk:

• Can people see that Yama is mentally unstable and demented from this response 😭😭

Everyone can see it right it’s not just me 😭😭😭

• Can people see that Yama is mentally unstable and demented from this response 😭😭

Everyone can see it right it’s not just me 😭😭😭

Making light of mental health is very much a nice microcosm of the hypocrisy of your frequent virtue signaling and moral grandstanding.

You're performative at best, and there isn't a semblance of authenticity when you go "woke" trying to cancel all men or whatever doomed crusade you try to engage in here.

I think I've made my point.

• Making light of mental health is very much a nice microcosm of the hypocrisy of your frequent virtue signaling and moral grandstanding.

You're performative at best, and there isn't a semblance of authenticity when you go "woke" trying to cancel all men or whatever doomed crusade you try to engage in here.

I think I've made my point.

No I genuinely think that you’re mentally unstable. And need help. Your responses and the way you act is not normal. And it’s sad that you don’t realize it.

Seek help.

• Oh Yama is just butt hurt little boy from my other responses that makes so much sense

He’s just establishing how he’s exactly the archetype of crazy men online. You know what they say about the shoe fitting.

Anyway I will continue to make whatever response I want on kpop but I’ll be completely ignoring an insane demented person like Yama whose response and attitude is now bordering on harassment. He’s offended by something unrelated and has been vile on multiple thread for no reason what so ever.

I can choose not be harassed and there’s no reason for me to engage with someone vile like him.

I’ve fought with many ppl on the forums from armys to blinks to once but I never thought those people were demented. It’s not really fun being harassed by the likes for Yama so it’s best to ignore him I suppose.

He will only confirm his harassment by going on rampage response to this comment as well but sadly I will never again acknowledge his existence even we happen to be on common threads.

• No I genuinely think that you’re mentally unstable. And need help. Your responses and the way you act is not normal. And it’s sad that you don’t realize it.

Seek help.

Oh, so your next act is to double down on making a mockery of mental health just because I made a mockery of your asinine comments. Again. Because I do it often and with minimal effort. The only thing I need help with is understanding how you can be in this hobby for so long, insert yourself into so many conversations and present yourself so ignorantly over and over and over.

Oh, I know someone is big mad when they double post and the second post is some nonsensical diatribe about a whole lot of nothing.

Remember how I said your messages are shallow and your outrage is performative at best? This message is yet another crystal clear encapsulation of that assessment.

I just found it funny how you champion the noble cause of unchecked sexism while making a joke out of mental health because I correctly identified you don't know anything about Korean charts or a song's impact.

If you feel harassed, then as I often say to others, you can ignore me (which nobody can seemingly commit to doing) or find a safe space and echo chamber elsewhere, so that the mean people on the Internet can't hurt you.

You can't decide whether you want to be sexist, further stigmatize mental health or be a victim, and all of that because I disagreed with your asinine commentary.

I was going to let you have the last word, for your ego, but since you double posted, I'll wrap it up here.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!