Chaewon going viral for lip syncing and pretending to sing in her cover

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• since when do covers have to be live? literally most covers I've ever seen idols upload are pre-recorded and they mostly "pretend to sing" along because that's how people...do that? are they meant to just stare at the camera to accurately convery they're not singing live?

ppl are so excited to dunk on le sserafim everything now needs to be a "gotcha" moment

• since when do covers have to be live? literally most covers I've ever seen idols upload are pre-recorded and they mostly "pretend to sing" along because that's how people...do that? are they meant to just stare at the camera to accurately convery they're not singing live?

ppl are so excited to dunk on le sserafim everything now needs to be a "gotcha" moment

Or just sing the cover live through the video like any cover is? Lmao

I think you don't differenciate between cover that group do on their youtube channel or for programs for example

This cover obviously had proceeding etc...

Which is quite obvious because it looks too profesional

External Content youtu.be

And the cover that idols do during more "intimate" moments when they are training and do sudden live

And suddenly start to cover songs that are recommended to them etc....

For example in this case

I think the problem people must have with Chaewon cover is that she try to make it seems like she was in the 2nd case when you can feel that there was some process who went on to clean her vocals

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• I think the problem people must have with Chaewon cover is that she try to make it seems like she was in the 2nd case when you can feel that there was some process who went on to clean her vocals

I don't think she was trying to make it seem like raw vocals at all? like the processing is super clear and obvious, the recording is obviously polished. Just cause she didn't record the whole song, doesn't mean she was trying to "trick" anyone, it would have been easy to tone down the processing otherwise. People are seriously overreacting to anything LSF does at this point. It's a recorded cover like there's been a bazillion others of.

• Since NCT was brought up

Is the next video live or not?

• Is this pre recorded?

• Is this pre recorded?

• Le sserafim antis getting more deranged as days go by. Like picking on a cover she uploaded on insta? So many of these idol put out these covers but no one makes an issue out of it. It's something she uploaded for her followers.

Chaewon can very much sing. She doesn't only carry lsf vocals but also did same in izone.

Exactly. I could upload processed/autotuned covers performed by EVERY SINGLE ONE of their faves. Unless their labels start panicking and taking them down lol.

This is all fake outrage and dogpiling cause of LSRFM's success. Threatened tokkis, mys, dives, blinks have all engaged in this jobless behavior for months now ever since Perfect Night.

• This video is not edited in post it’s lip sync’d. There is a difference. The way she’s singing it looks unnatural against the backing track.

She has sung it elsewhere edited it and then sang over it in this video and that’s why it’s so noticeable.

If it was corrected in post people won’t be able to identify it this obviously and it won’t look this fake pls guys 😭

Editing will make it sound “perfect” not obviously look fake.

There are two types of covers (generally speaking).

Ones where it's done properly, in the studio etc - where they make an effort with it. Properly edited, sound engineered - the works. Like if they're recording a song properly but it's a cover song. They're great, my fave group does it from time to time - love em. Of course everyone knows it's been done in the studio and corrected/multiple takes etc - there's no illusions there.

The other is the one where we see the idol on live, or just in a casual setting, just turning on their video of their phone and recording them singing it live and unedited. Most of those have the setting like we see in the video - casual clothes, some empty room/bedroom/space they have etc. They're all live and unedited, just a quick cover they recorded and uploaded (or sung whilst live). Many people do these all the time - just rattle off a song or part of a song whilst live streaming etc. They're always fan favourites.

The issue is - it's fine to do both, but this video has the setting of the 2nd with the sound being fixed up like the first. It's.. I wouldn't say deceptive outright, but it's clear the intention was to give off the impression of the 2nd.

So yeah, I think it's pretty amusing to be honest.

• that's not true though, there's plenty of obviously processed/edited covers with a casual setting video for it. Not every cover gets a big Youtube video. If any idol other than a member of LSF had posted this nobody would have said a word. You can HEAR the processing and it's not a live video nor saying anywhere it's live. Unless you're deaf I don't see how you'd possibly be duped into thinking this is raw vocals when it's clearly not.

• that's not true though, there's plenty of obviously processed/edited covers with a casual setting video for it.

Some have a more casual setting, but not in this manner. Posting straight to a personal instagram instead of a group account/youtube account.

I think you're argument is very credulous and/or naive. You are trying to obfuscate the reasons why people are quite rightly giggling at this.

It's very clear the way this is filmed, released etc - on a personal IG, the entire impression is 'oh i was just on my computer and recorded this cover, 'felt good upload might delete later xD' kind of deal. It is entirely situated to give the impression she just rattled this off recording and then uploaded to IG to share with her IG followers in a intimate, ad-hoc setting.

But it's not ad-hoc, nor is it just some self contained cover - it's been planned and processed. It's deliberate but trying to give off the impression it wasn't.

And I think you have to be incredibly naive or disingenuous to attempt to argue otherwise. That's really what it boils down to.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!