NewJeans comeback fails to enter Billboard Hot 100, what a disaster

• I predict it and now is here:

How Sweet

chart data (@chartdata) on X
    Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100: #12(new) How Sweet, NewJeans (@NewJeans_ADOR).
    x.com

Super Shy

Billboard Hot 100: #66(new) Super Shy, NewJeans (@NewJeans_ADOR).
    x.com

Tokkis are trying to cope hard with this result but for a girl group that expend the last year landing every one of their singles on the hot 100 effortlessly this is clearly a disaster, even some of their past bsides charted higher. These results are on par of some mega flops from the washed girl group twice that never had a hit since 2016 like set me free or talk that talk, songs that were not even available on sale on twiceshop as a digital single like How Sweet is.

Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100: #16(new) Talk That Talk, #TWICE (@JYPETWICE).
    x.com

Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100: #7(new) SET ME FREE, #TWICE (@JYPETWICE).
    x.com

From a top 50 hit on the hot 100 before their first anniversary to not making the chart 10 months later is just crazy, hybe really fabricated their success in a laboratory and now they took it away, shocking. They are also the only hybe girl group without an entry since lesserafim and illit got theirs already and will probably do it again later this year. It was a nice run newjeans fans, is time to accept reality now.

• Illit and lsfrm charting make me believe even more that they would chart and higher that they did before

Nothing that has happen explain this drop (except hybe pulling out back up), like I said before, all of this is unexpected to me

All the Hybe stans and token stans are boycotting them. It ain't that deep. The largest fandom in K-Pop by several magnitudes actively hates NewJeans and have become their biggest antis.

• All the Hybe stans and token stans are boycotting them. It ain't that deep. The largest fandom in K-Pop by several magnitudes actively hates NewJeans and have become their biggest antis.

I know how it is to have your group be hated by army, like a lot, but that never mean anything

It must mean a big big chunk of nj streams come from them

I still find it surprising bc like u, I thought it could be a easy smash

• I know how it is to have your group be hated by army, like a lot, but that never mean anything

Once I saw all the Hybe stans swearing vows to never listen to NewJeans again, I knew this could happen.

We'll see if it's an outlier or a trend going forward.

Domestically, they're still a force and freak of nature though. In less than 3 weeks, they're almost guaranteed to have 4 out of the top 5 songs on every chart.

• But doesn't you say that new jeans beat blackpink and top girl group of kpop, then how a top girl group effected by hate train.

That's insecure Blinks attempting to gaslight. I've repeatedly said that NewJeans is the biggest active girl group in the world, which is true. And I said they're on pace to be the biggest girl group ever, which is also true. I'm so tired of typing the words "I want them to take the crown from BP, not have it handed by default", yet people keep acting like I think they're bigger than BP today.

I just don't think BP get to claim the title anymore if their next comeback as a group is in 2026.

• And I said they're on pace to be the biggest girl group ever, which is also true.

Don’t these results show the completely opposite :pepe-notes: if anything it’s obvious nj has peaked in their rookie era. underperforming internationally not even two years in is embarrassing…

• Its ok with MHJ they can still also have some local accomplishments in Korea. They will be the Sistar 2024 of kpop.

Once I saw all the Hybe stans swearing vows to never listen to NewJeans again, I knew this could happen.

We'll see if it's an outlier or a trend going forward.

Domestically, they're still a force and freak of nature though. In less than 3 weeks, they're almost guaranteed to have 4 out of the top 5 songs on every chart.

Um, the only stans that give af about local accomplishments that are easily Sajaegi-ed are stans of groups that sux globally.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• if its easy to fabricate success, sm /jyp/yg and kakao would hv done it long time ago. there is nothing controversial on how hybe promotes their grps, its the same as other western artists . its the same way sm pushes aespa now. 🤷‍♀️ but this kind of push also needs some level of organic success to achieve longevity in global charts . nj having a way bigger pl on 1st day compared to illit and lsf 1st tell u that this hybe pulling out support is non-sense, its their money after all. the more successful nj is the harder mhj can terminate their contracts . the more hybe wont let go, 80% of profit still goes to them. its their investment. there are only two reasons why it fails in the US, the song is mid & their biggest casual listeners ( hybe stans) drop them. mhj burned all the bridges unfortunately! and all those hybe haters stanning other gg outside hybe will not support them.

but like all ggs , they are still doing good in sk charts . they are stl on their 2nd yr. let see what will happen after a yr if the trend continues of losing intl fans with only sk supporting them. most casual stans of gg are success stans -- this is where building a big fanbase globally matter like bgs that bp are able to replicate . im not sure if nj hss that kind of pull. in bp case, they are also stronger individually.

• Don’t these results show the completely opposite

Obviously not. They are so far ahead of the pace of any K-Pop group ever, let alone just girl groups, that it will take several underperforming comebacks in a row to derail them. In all honesty, the fact their bar is set so high that a song getting "only" on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 is seen as an underperformance only further illustrates and validates my point.

If they proceed with their plans to drop an album in Q4, to go along with their four singles this summer, their cumulative numbers will be otherworldly.

How Sweet/Bubblegum are just the beginning.

• I know how it is to have your group be hated by army, like a lot, but that never mean anything

it means something esp if a grp is massively supported by the label's fd . they do have casual fans that aint bts fans true but mhj not only pissed off armys but a lot of hybe grps with massive fd as well . nj aint bp with already big fd that can support them despite the h8 they get. the song is also mid . it aint something as good as their past releases and i dont know if it has some virality or if anyone is willing to do a tt challenge with nj. mhj basically called the whole industry a fraud and only her can save it . 😂

• Obviously not. They are so far ahead of the pace of any K-Pop group ever, let alone just girl groups, that it will take several underperforming comebacks in a row to derail them. In all honesty, the fact their bar is set so high that a song getting "only" on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 is seen as an underperformance only further illustrates and validates my point.

If they proceed with their plans to drop an album in Q4, to go along with their four singles this summer, their cumulative numbers will be otherworldly.

ggs only have a life of 3 yrs or 4 to reach their peak unless u massively amass a big fd like bp. but bp is different bec they have individuality and each member can stand on her own even on their early yrs . nj only got success so easy bec they have a ready made casual fans and senior grps that help hype their songs to reach different audiences so easy globally. thats why mhj is asking for reconciliation bec she knows alienating her grp way too much will hurt nj too . but unfortunately fans can be very vindictive . nj will go down slowly at the global scene esp 5th gen is starting to rise . 4th gen is starting to build solo careers . even le ssera has a better solo career opportunites than nj . yunjin has highest ml among 4th gen on spotify , chaewon doing good in variety as example .

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• its the same way sm pushes aespa now. 🤷‍♀️

aespa listeners rose organically because of drama . They not only doing well in Spotify but apple music global too. SM/kakao aren't even sending pre-order albums and didn't even make sales available in the USA/LATAM/EU where they could be making some money but now there's allegations that they pushing aespa in Spotify? like there's no logic in here .

I don't have energy to explaining so lemme copy some the the explanation from X

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Fans also spam links and hosts streaming parties, etc.

if Sm pushes allegations were true we will getting in Big playlist. Autoplay could happened because that how spotify algorithm works.

GOxYONSWMAE63Z3?format=jpg&name=900x900

If Sm push in Spotify is real, every group and artist from SM will entering Spotify global easily and staying there for some time and not tanking

• Has such a massive drop in all metrics ever happened this quick in Kpop?

Usually groups from big companies go from strength to strength for 5-6 years and start to decline at that point.

I've never seen such a fall off of this magnitude this early. They are still in their rookie years.

• We never know what will happen, everyone had less successfull comebacks. I agree on the fact that a lot of multifans pulled out. Not because of being Hybe stans but because MHJ went on a smear campaign against the other Hybe groups they like.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• Not surprising. 2 of HYBE group's fandom whose also their casual listeners dropped them and are now their biggest haters..

But some arrogant tokkis (not all, just some annoying ones) did claimed that NJ's success was organic, not supported by HYBE stans. They claimed armys wont even care about NJ

In contrary, the result showed that NJ indeed was tokken stan by HYBE stans because of the hate for BP.

It is good that this event kinda separate the real tokki vs the hybe stans & success stans

• stop with these comparisons to twice. they failed to reach even bubbling under. let's not bring up finished groups now.

You need to try harder my guy, this gimmick in big 2024 is sad, twice is one of the most streamed, viewed and best selling girl group this year, or at least put your big man pants on and do it from your main.

Illit and lsfrm charting make me believe even more that they would chart and higher that they did before

Nothing that has happen explain this drop (except hybe pulling out back up), like I said before, all of this is unexpected to me

Illit and lesserafim will for sure chart as good or better, hybe will redirect the resources newjeans were using to them now.

This drop is the easiest explainable thing ever

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.06.04-03_22_29.png

screenshot-songstats.com-2024.06.04-03_23_14.png

Is so so simple, since hybe didn't pay the spotify payola they got way less playlisting, 70% less playlisting, they didn't enter big playlists like today's top his of all new music fridays, so their streams fell around the same amount. Their billboard charting was thanks to those paid streams hybe got them, so now they chart worse.

if its easy to fabricate success, sm /jyp/yg and kakao would hv done it long time ago. there is nothing controversial on how hybe promotes their grps, its the same as other western artists . its the same way sm pushes aespa now.

Congratulations you managed to get the most incoherent sentence in this thread so far even when yama is on full clown attire saying the dumbest things, quite an accomplishment.

Neither jyp or sm have the money hybe has to spent on spotify payola nor a music broker like scooter brown that can place a song at the top of big playlists at any moment.

Exat43KWEAEtD8a.jpg

Hybe was putting all that on newjeans songs to boost them, now they are not doing that anymore so they are doing way worse, is not rocket science genius, is so simple.

• But some arrogant tokkis (not all, just some annoying ones) did claimed that NJ's success was organic, not supported by HYBE stans. They claimed armys wont even care about NJ

In contrary, the result showed that NJ indeed was tokken stan by HYBE stans because of the hate for BP.

It is good that this event kinda separate the real tokki vs the hybe stans & success stans

NJs stilll have huge numbers. I think it's way too soon to be saying all this. Also blinks with the perpetual victim complex and placing themselves at the center of everything.

• Has such a massive drop in all metrics ever happened this quick in Kpop?

Usually groups from big companies go from strength to strength for 5-6 years and start to decline at that point.

I've never seen such a fall off of this magnitude this early. They are still in their rookie years.

Can't think of a top group declining so much from one comeback to another and less so early in their career, their 2nd anniversary is on 2 months, they are basically in their twice's likey and blackpink's duddudu era but the situation is abysmal compared to those groups at that point.

Not surprising. 2 of HYBE group's fandom whose also their casual listeners dropped them and are now their biggest haters..

You are giving armys too much credit, even when newjeans had armys favor and is a nice boost their success never depended on them, 114M playlist reach vs 34M, now that makes a huge difference.

• Obviously not. They are so far ahead of the pace of any K-Pop group ever, let alone just girl groups, that it will take several underperforming comebacks in a row to derail them. In all honesty, the fact their bar is set so high that a song getting "only" on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 is seen as an underperformance only further illustrates and validates my point.

This man is on religious fanatic levels of delusion, so desperate that all his hopes are on a japanese single out of all things, dude already gave up on how sweet, newjeans fans are on the edge of losing it for real.

• We never know what will happen, everyone had less successfull comebacks. I agree on the fact that a lot of multifans pulled out. Not because of being Hybe stans but because MHJ went on a smear campaign against the other Hybe groups they like.

Everyone else is going up Internationally. Illit hit it out of the park, Aespa rose a lot, Lsf had steady gains, BM rose a lot, Ive rose a bit, KIOL did well despite being from a nugu company, gidle about the same.

But NJ dropped by 62% in Spotify Global.

Even hanteo albums for week 1, most of the bigger groups only dropped around 20%. NJ dropped 46.4% which is almost down by 50%.

• I just don't get why this shit matters

They are still doing well, they all have more money than you will see in your lifetime and their fans like what they are putting out.

Why does this matter TO YOU? What fulfilment in your life does it bring? Does it make your life better? Does it make your enjoyment of the groups you like better? Why do you obsess on stats on groups you don't even like?

I swear it's psychosexual for some of you...

• NJs stilll have huge numbers. I think it's way too soon to be saying all this. Also blinks with the perpetual victim complex and placing themselves at the center of everything.

it is valid though. Im saying this as a GG multistan, not blink. The way u gotta insert "blink" into my comment is weird. Mentioning about Blackpink not equal to im bringing up "blink victim mentality"

And as I said, it is good for NJ in long run.

The same happened to aespa and IVE. The sooner it happens, the more stable the fanbase become

• Hybe fan base groups affected were not supporting them due to MHJ. But, it's also ifans not being into the song as much. It's probably temporary, until everything settle out.

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• Everyone else is going up Internationally. Illit hit it out of the park, Aespa rose a lot, Lsf had steady gains, BM rose a lot, Ive rose a bit, KIOL did well despite being from a nugu company, gidle about the same.

But NJ dropped by 62% in Spotify Global.

Even hanteo albums for week 1, most of the bigger groups only dropped around 20%. NJ dropped 46.4% which is almost down by 50%.

Its even more wild considering New Jeans has 100m+ more playlisting in total than lsfm and aespa while also having fewer songs.. Recently lsfm EASY only reached 47.4m while How Sweet is already 44.3m despite being 3 months late...

For reference, here are the stats of top groups spotify:

Playlist Reach Total:

New Jeans - 247m

Lesserafim - 126m

Aespa - 140m

ILLIT - 144m

IVE - 112m

Playlisting of their previous 2 comebacks:

New Jeans SuperShy - 176m , GODS - 121m , How Sweet - 44.3m

Lesserafim Unforgiven - 65.8m , Perfect Night - 58.2m , EASY 47.4m

Aespa Drama - 46.9m , SuperNova - 61.9m

IVE Baddie - 34.7m , HEYA - 34.8

ILLIT Magnetic - 142m

What does this mean? It means that IVE is the most organic among top groups, but then again they are not doing great at spotify if we look at the numbers... Lesserafim is the most organic and likely have biggest fandom among hybe gg followed by New jeans and last ILLIT.. As for aespa, SM really promotes this comeback heavily comparing to their previous one.. For ILLIT, im sorry to say this but they are really on hybe payola as their playlist reach jump from 4.4m to 30m in 1 day..

This is only my opinion tho feel free to disagree :-)

• Too early to tell. This cb was badly promoted there are supernatural/right now but no one knows if it’s a kr cb.

ADOR really needs to clear things up about this...

the whole thing is super confusing. First they said double single albums, but also mentioned Supernatural is NJ's official japanese debut. If both korean releases why not made them into a single Mini album. Mind you, MHJ said she doesnt like number churning for sales..

Supernatural albums having the much better design. It has bag(s) variants as well as Murakami collab design

• This thread contains 96 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!