i need babymonster to be the biggest kpop group of this era

• why? because these girls are TALENTED AF

i’ve gone on a baemon spree after coming across a clip of rami covering an akmu song on knowing brothers. she sounded exactly like what i picture angels sounding like when welcoming you across the gates of heaven

like ugh my marathon has showed me that all members are equally talented across so many different fields. they have insane visuals (something most kpop companies seem to be prioritizing cough hybe cough) AND they have the vocal/dance/rap prowess to back them up. yes, their debut song did not do them justice because it’s SHIT. you don’t even have to be an anti to agree with that. but it’s criminal writing off a group after their first comeback/debut whatever it is they’re doing. both batter up and sheesh sit on the same boat. but now after witnessing their greatness, i admit i did search for sheesh and actually enjoyed their performance. yg has a golden group, they need to give them the best music… there is a huge potential with this group. i’ve realized yg just improves on the shortcomings of their previous groups. bp was marketed as a prettier version of 2ne1, baemon is a more talented version of bp.. i actually can’t wait to see what yg gg version 4 will bring to the table. it scares me

but the reason why i want them to be the biggest group and have their talent acknowledged is because i’m honestly sick of this new storm of famous groups who can’t sing outside their recording sessions. like i get the aspect that kpop is more performance driven since the bts phenomenon but these big ass companies do have enough resources to find these diamonds in the rough and hone them into superstars. sm still is true to their craft. each group that debuted under sm has had at least one major powerful vocalist and that makes me appreciate them even more. when an exo song plays on shuffle, i take at least 10 minutes listening to one because i keep going back and repeating parts just to admire their vocals. there’s still vocal compilations being made.. even kai their main dancer sounds so fine. chanyeol has such a beautiful tone. don’t even get me started on the greatness their vocal line is. okay enough of diverting this thread w exo, but i just wish kpop goes back to what it used to be. more emphasis on the music and singing and catchy not very hard to follow choreos. less of acrobats on stage and vocal procession that could make even me sound like a singer. right now we need an insane group like baemon to reach the top so that other companies subsequently take notes and follow

• I don't see why not because nothing is stopping them from becoming the biggest.

NMIXX and aespa also have great vocalist, they can become the biggest groups of their gen too.

:pepe_akorns:

X/?(:rolleyes:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• Talent means nothing when the music sucks. Hope they get better songs.

Yeah, music is always going to be the important factor moving forward.

1. Music

2. Visual

3. Performance/ stage presence

4. Dance/choreo

5. Vocals

Also, if every group is talented, kpop would be boring as h8ll.

What materials will antis find?

:emotionalpepe:

X/?(:rolleyes:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• Well, I honestly hope neither Kiss of Life nor Babymonster will be huge, just a normal but successful group like Mamamoo, EXID or Apink. Why? Because they would lose a LOT of fake fans, but most importantly, Babymonster could have a chance to show their creative side more, create their own and different music.

Sorry, I don't trust YG at all.

Also, yes, like the others said, talent means nothing in this business, Mamamoo is the prime example. Without any bias, I can say they're the best vocal group in Kpop, yet they didn't have half the hype like Blackpink had. But as I said, I love that. That's why they had freedom.

So far, Babymonster girls have some freedom, but when they will become massive like their seniors, YG won't let them perform live or go to variety shows, and they will lose the public, just like it happened with Blackpink in Korea.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!