Kpop is so boring nowdays

• It’s the same Y2K boring concept with innocent aesthetics to please these …..

I’m sorry I just can’t stand fanboys. Some of them are really creepy. At least BP didn’t have creepy stans

• I can't watch young teenagers trying to sell girl boss concepts and dated girl crush imagery

it’s better than attracting well you know…. And btw. It’s not dated tho. Bc Y2K is so boring and their songs are heavily promoted through playlistings. So you can’t say they are trendsetters

• At least I can listen to the songs without getting a headache now. And its not like gc is gone, yall simply do not care for gc groups because (hold my hand now...) THEY SOUND LIKE ASS!

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• they are not creepy tho. At least they can’t be open about it bc they mostly has fangirls and those are ready to call them out

Yeah, only the fangirls are allowed to be creepy. /Kpop fandoms in a nutshell

By the way, fanboys aren't all into "innocent aesthetics." Some of the things Blackpink have done? Definitely done with their male fans in mind. ^^

• Yeah, only the fangirls are allowed to be creepy. /Kpop fandoms in a nutshell

By the way, fanboys aren't all into "innocent aesthetics." Some of the things Blackpink have done? Definitely done with their male fans in mind. ^^

they are into anime and it’s exactly why these creeps have Asian fetish. Should I go on?

• you just focus on hybe groups too much

maybe if you try listening to other groups outside of hybe, kpop will be come less boring to you? and it would help those groups with the attention too :eyes:

• they are into anime and it’s exactly why these creeps have Asian fetish. Should I go on?

No, because you just keep coming up with more weird stereotypes of male Kpop fans that have little basis in reality. I don't even understand the correlation between Japanese cartoons and Korean pop music. Most Kpop fans who are into both of those things probably are Asian themselves.

• It’s the same Y2K boring concept with innocent aesthetics to please these …..

I’m sorry I just can’t stand fanboys. Some of them are really creepy. At least BP didn’t have creepy stans

Have you tried Kiss of Life?

You might like them.

• Aespa released Drama this year which is anything but y2k, last year they released 2 singles, both with different concepts and genres.

Idle released three hits with different genres this year and ive did the same last year.

Lesserafim released a whole album consisting of different genres.

Kof which is a trendy rookie gg these days isn't doing y2k.

BM is releasing typical yg sound.

Nmixx is doing experimental sound.

Itzy is doing girl crush.

You've so many options but you chose to rant about one gg doing y2k and making noise.

• No, because you just keep coming up with more weird stereotypes of male Kpop fans that have little basis in reality. I don't even understand the correlation between Japanese cartoons and Korean pop music. Most Kpop fans who are into both of those things probably are Asian themselves.

You really haven’t noticed the ripe amount of men w Asian fetish who are into kpop gg or anime?

Okey…… :suure:

• You really haven’t noticed the ripe amount of men w Asian fetish who are into kpop gg or anime?

Wait, you can only like anime and Kpop if you have an Asian fetish?

I've liked anime literally since I was 10, and my ex is the one who got me into K-Pop, and she wasn't Asian.

Where does that leave me?

• Wait, you can only like anime and Kpop if you have an Asian fetish?

I've liked anime literally since I was 10, and my ex is the one who got me into K-Pop, and she wasn't Asian.

Where does that leave me?

That’s not what I said. Ofc u can like this w/o Asian festish

But a certain sub population who already have this yuckie tendency are drawn to this type of entertainment or have such tendencies augmented

• Interesting thread...TBH i cant help but be amazed at how many non Korean speakers are so passionate about Kpop. I unfortunately dont have the patience to get into any genres of music outside of western music and Kpop, i need to have a working knowledge of the language.

Once I was kid I always preferred English songs over my native language and I did not understand single word about it back in days.

• I’m sorry I can’t finish watching MVs where idols pinching their own cheeks and randomly laughing at each others the whole song

This was funny, a very accurate observation. ^^ Personally, I couldn't take the new girl group seriously either.

I'm so bored of kpop these days. Unfortunately, charismatic groups like the 2nd and 3rd generation groups no longer exist. Even the 4th generation has become ineffective.

• You really haven’t noticed the ripe amount of men w Asian fetish who are into kpop gg or anime?

I don't run in weeb circles, so no, I have not. Fetishes are sexual in nature, and I'm not sure where exactly sexuality comes into play with regards to anime, nor do I really want to find out. It's never been high on the list of things I'd like to learn more about.

More to the point, those "innocent aesthetics" they mentioned are generally given to Kpop girl groups as a way to appeal to domestic fans, aka Asian men. That really isn't how you appeal to most westerners, and I really doubt they're going out of their way to target the small minority who have a particular thing (or "fetish") for both Asian women and East Asia's more infantilizing cultural peculiarities. The more raunchy route that a group like Blackpink have taken is more likely to net you western admirers, and I suspect that's not a coincidence given their more global focus (and contrary to OP's belief, they definitely have their share of fanboys.)

Either way, I still don't see what the two things have to do with each other and I imagine the majority of those with both interests are in fact Asian, including fangirls. :pepe-shrug:

• I don't run in weeb circles, so no, I have not. Fetishes are sexual in nature, and I'm not sure where exactly sexuality comes into play with regards to anime, nor do I really want to find out. It's never been high on the list of things I'd like to learn more about.

More to the point, those "innocent aesthetics" they mentioned are generally given to Kpop girl groups as a way to appeal to domestic fans, aka Asian men. That really isn't how you appeal to most westerners, and I really doubt they're going out of their way to target the small minority who have a particular thing (or "fetish") for both Asian women and East Asia's more infantilizing cultural peculiarities. The more raunchy route that a group like Blackpink have taken is more likely to net you western admirers, and I suspect that's not a coincidence given their more global focus (and contrary to OP's belief, they definitely have their share of fanboys.)

Either way, I still don't see what the two things have to do with each other and I imagine the majority of those with both interests are in fact Asian, including fangirls. :pepe-shrug:

Hyper sexualising of Asian women is common in the west - or to my knowledge - at least in north Europe/America. There’s plenty of studies on the topic. This makes fetishism an easy next step. There’s an insanely annoying fascination with the stereotype that Asian women have smaller v*ginas, are more submissive etc. I can easily see how men that already have that mindset lean into kpop / anime with a twisted mindset.

Just bc you don’t follow that route - good for you, said without sarcasm - don’t mean others don’t. Let’s just say there’s a reason that air traffic from Scandinavian countries to Thailand will flash signs that sexual crimes done abroad are punishable in their countries of origin.

I don’t really care about this discussion in the context of BP, it’s more a general subject for me. But since you mention it - BP are maybe more raunchy that other kpop gg, but they are still more cute if you compare to western girl groups and early on they did so cute concepts too.

• The world is not in the hype mood in the first place. The current trends are just on point.

"No one has done what I have done during the 30 years in K-pop" - Min Hee-Jin

:meme-what:

Kpop world is a total mess because of greed and ego right now

:meme-bonk:

• Hyper sexualising of Asian women is common in the west - or to my knowledge - at least in north Europe/America. There’s plenty of studies on the topic. This makes fetishism an easy next step. There’s an insanely annoying fascination with the stereotype that Asian women have smaller v*ginas, are more submissive etc. I can easily see how men that already have that mindset lean into kpop / anime with a twisted mindset.

Just bc you don’t follow that route - good for you, said without sarcasm - don’t mean others don’t. Let’s just say there’s a reason that air traffic from Scandinavian countries to Thailand will flash signs that sexual crimes done abroad are punishable in their countries of origin.

I don’t really care about this discussion in the context of BP, it’s more a general subject for me. But since you mention it - BP are maybe more raunchy that other kpop gg, but they are still more cute if you compare to western girl groups and early on they did so cute concepts too.

Hypersexualization of all women is common in the west. I can't say I notice it being particularly prominent with Asian women, nor am I even familiar with some of those stereotypes you mentioned, but yes, I'm sure some of that baggage does come along with those who actually fetishize Asian women. I just don't think anyone in Kpop is doing cute concepts and such to appeal to the west. Those people are outliers who wouldn't make for a lucrative target demographic. My point was that the main audience for "innocent" Kpop idols can be found in Korea itself, and other Asian countries, and I'm sure that's not what appeals to all of them either.

We haven't had any girl groups of our own in ages, but if I were to compare BP to groups of the past, I would put their image right on par with Destiny's Child or even the Pussycat Dolls. They aren't the most scandalous thing ever, but they've never been what I'd call "cute."

• Hypersexualization of all women is common in the west. I can't say I notice it being particularly prominent with Asian women, nor am I even familiar with some of those stereotypes you mentioned, but yes, I'm sure some of that baggage does come along with those who actually fetishize Asian women. I just don't think anyone in Kpop is doing cute concepts and such to appeal to the west. Those people are outliers who wouldn't make for a lucrative target demographic. My point was that the main audience for "innocent" Kpop idols can be found in Korea itself, and other Asian countries, and I'm sure that's not what appeals to all of them either.

We haven't had any girl groups of our own in ages, but if I were to compare BP to groups of the past, I would put their image right on par with Destiny's Child or even the Pussycat Dolls. They aren't the most scandalous thing ever, but they've never been what I'd call "cute."

If u search for example google scholar youll see there’s plenty of research on the particular hypersexualization of Asian women inflated by factors such as exoticism and common sex tourism to primarily - but not exclusively - SEA countries.

Maybe you don’t see it in life in general bc you’re not an Asian women? I am. I lived +10 years in the west and belive me it is rampant to Asian women in general and SEA women in particular.

I don’t think either cute concepts were originally created for western males that doesn’t mean there aren’t those that are drawn to it.

• That's why people need to ignore MAINSTREAM groups and start concentrating on the small groups! Of course, Kpop is boring if you're a one group stan and only care about hyped groups.

I mean, how can you say Kpop is boring when there are groups like these?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MV:

External Content www.youtube.com

Or these crazy good performances!

External Content www.youtube.com

And we're still waiting for them. Mari and WiTCHX will end of them all, IF they finally debut. 🤣

External Content x.com

Mari's own song!

External Content soundcloud.com

• If u search for example google scholar youll see there’s plenty of research on the particular hypersexualization of Asian women inflated by factors such as exoticism and common sex tourism to primarily - but not exclusively - SEA countries.

Maybe you don’t see it in life in general bc you’re not an Asian women? I am. I lived +10 years in the west and belive me it is rampant to Asian women in general and SEA women in particular.

I don’t think either cute concepts were originally created for western males that doesn’t mean there aren’t those that are drawn to it.

Yes, or any country where there is a financial imbalance, so these type of men think they can more easily get a submissive girl/wife because of their passport or money. Often they have highly inflated expectations, with the girl next door not looking to meet one of those creepy guys to sweep them off their feet.

Not saying all men who date or want to date Asian women are creepy. The ones with a healthy respect and that do well in their own countries as well, tend to find a nice woman and have relationships based on mutual respect. But a significant sum go to Asian countries looking for a submissive girl and then throw tantrums when average women there have actual personalities and are not all over them. The dumbest kind go to Japan or South Korea, thinking they will 'win' because of money and then find out the ladies over there definitely don't need their broke ass to pay anything for them.

• then with all due respect why are you still into kpop then?

like i said in another thread

do you actively try to continue to like something which you dislike just waiting/hoping that you will eventually like it?

• Calling people pedos to defend a group you openly hate most the members of. This user literally never makes sense

it’s not the same thing? Isn’t it ? I always call out pedos who have Asian fetish if you look at my history. Not just men but women who are too much into Asian aesthetics and treat them like Pokémon as well

• then with all due respect why are you still into kpop then?

like i said in another thread

do you actively try to continue to like something which you dislike just waiting/hoping that you will eventually like it?

am I into K-pop? I can’t relate bc in Asia listening to some K-pop songs or liking some K-pop songs doesn’t make you a K-pop stan. I just see the overall image of K-pop at the moment that it is full of groups that attract men than girls. Bc in no way women in general would want to act that cutesy

• Yes, or any country where there is a financial imbalance, so these type of men think they can more easily get a submissive girl/wife because of their passport or money. Often they have highly inflated expectations, with the girl next door not looking to meet one of those creepy guys to sweep them off their feet.

Not saying all men who date or want to date Asian women are creepy. The ones with a healthy respect and that do well in their own countries as well, tend to find a nice woman and have relationships based on mutual respect. But a significant sum go to Asian countries looking for a submissive girl and then throw tantrums when average women there have actual personalities and are not all over them. The dumbest kind go to Japan or South Korea, thinking they will 'win' because of money and then find out the ladies over there definitely don't need their broke ass to pay anything for them.

but most are from the same source. They began the same which I don’t trust. Some are just good at hiding

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!