I AM is now IVE's 4th song to surpass 100 million streams on Billboard Japan

• Congrats girls <3

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• catzi

Changed the title of the thread from “I AM is now IVE's 4th song to surpass 100 million streams in Japan” to “I AM is now IVE's 4th song to surpass 100 million streams on Billboard Japan”.
  • I don't understand why they don't have any streaming certification. It doesn't make sense at all.

I'm not sure but I think the company have to request the certification? Starship doesn't seem interested in these things. They have certificates in Korea only. But IVE have been eligible for certificates in Japan since Eleven

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I'm not sure but I think the company have to request the certification? Starship doesn't seem interested in these things. They have certificates in Korea only. But IVE have been eligible for certificates in Japan since Eleven

External Content x.com

They've been above 100 million streams on Oricon for 'Eleven', 'Love Dive' and After Like since 2022-early 2023. Despite Oricon and RIAJ having different criterias (Oricon counts Youtube, while RIAJ doesn't), I checked out their Spotify Streams on Japan out of curiousity and most of these songs would be eligible for gold certification from their Spotify Streams alone, now imagine counting the other big services (Amazon, AM, Line etc). I think all these songs could be platinum certified (including I Am).

So the problem is definitely not lack of streams and It's legitimacy.

And they've received certifications by RIAJ for their their japanese physical releases. So I really don't understand why they aren't receiving their deserved streaming certifications. It's a mystery to me.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• They've been above 100 million streams on Oricon for 'Eleven', 'Love Dive' and After Like since 2022-early 2023. Despite Oricon and RIAJ having different criterias (Oricon counts Youtube, while RIAJ doesn't), I checked out their Spotify Streams on Japan out of curiousity and most of these songs would be eligible for gold certification from their Spotify Streams alone, now imagine counting the other big services (Amazon, AM, Line etc). I think all these songs could be platinum certified (including I Am).

And they've received certifications by RIAJ for their their japanese physical releases. So I really don't understand why they aren't receiving their deserved streaming certifications. It's a mystery to me.

I guess you have to buy certifications while in Korea it’s probably automatically certified. It’s weird since their albums are certified in japan. But since SS is cheap I’m not surprised lol

• They've been above 100 million streams on Oricon for 'Eleven', 'Love Dive' and After Like since 2022-early 2023. Despite Oricon and RIAJ having different criterias (Oricon counts Youtube, while RIAJ doesn't), I checked out their Spotify Streams on Japan out of curiousity and most of these songs would be eligible for gold certification from their Spotify Streams alone, now imagine counting the other big services (Amazon, AM, Line etc). I think all these songs could be platinum certified (including I Am).

Agree. I suppose Starship is just dumb and doesn't bother with streaming certifications in other countries. Maybe they are not even used to it because Ive is probably their first group to make huge numbers overseas. It reminds me when After Like was the first single to sell 1 million and SSE decided to not mediaplay about it - they released an article about how much they spent on the fireworks in the MV instead. Priorities, lol

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!